Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Always wanted to try salt liquorice. I hear it's a... very acquired taste.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012

It's horrible, just...don't. I don't know what the Germans and Nordic folk like about it, but they can keep it!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
A bar near me replaced the beat up old cue ball wizard with a high speed 2 the getaway. I don't care if there is a bucket of licorice all around it. It's pinball night tonight

night

May 18, 2012

We have double salt liquorice, it makes your heart skip! If you eat a couple of 'm you start to feel high in your head of the blood preasure.. Very tasteful, and I prefer salt over sweet liquorice. You can also buy it in powder form (or the powder is encapsulated inside a sweet candy). The Norwegians make a wodka-liquorice drink, mix the 2 in a bottle and keep it in the fridge. That's was what a blond chick gave me to drink after she worker in Norwegen for Nokia. She was a weird one but that's another story.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Licorice root.. They sell that at candy stores as well, remember I used to chew on that as a kid. They make tea from it as well. People with high blood preasure should be more carefull with consuming licorice. As I wrote before, I had to illustrated dozens and dozens of different types of liqorice for candy brands, as the stuff looks unappealing when photographed. To make it tastefull and perfect I illustrated it in a photo-realistic style. These candy brands sended me bags full of the stuff and I eated it all day long. But I am still skinny and handsome :)
Liquorice root. Sounds tasty. I'll have to go to one of those organic/health food stores to see if they have any stuff with real liquorice root. However I'm overweight as it is, and I read somewhere real liquorice (not the fake stuff) is bad for your heart/metabolism.

A bar near me replaced the beat up old cue ball wizard with a high speed 2 the getaway. I don't care if there is a bucket of licorice all around it. It's pinball night tonight
I'm so jealous... My laundermat has a Black Knight 2000 machine but I think the high current coils in the flippers are burned out. The bottom flippers on the table are so weak that they can't even get the ball halfway up the table, much less up any of the ramps. I put some quarters in a few months ago and was very disappointed. All I could do was basically bounce the ball back and forth until it drained. Not fun at all. The TPA version, however, is awesome! I sometimes wish I could slap the owners of these bars and laundermats into fixing up their pinball tables rather than letting them die from neglect.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Liquorice root. Sounds tasty. I'll have to go to one of those organic/health food stores to see if they have any stuff with real liquorice root. However I'm overweight as it is, and I read somewhere real liquorice (not the fake stuff) is bad for your heart/metabolism.

I'm so jealous... My laundermat has a Black Knight 2000 machine but I think the high current coils in the flippers are burned out. The bottom flippers on the table are so weak that they can't even get the ball halfway up the table, much less up any of the ramps. I put some quarters in a few months ago and was very disappointed. All I could do was basically bounce the ball back and forth until it drained. Not fun at all. The TPA version, however, is awesome! I sometimes wish I could slap the owners of these bars and laundermats into fixing up their pinball tables rather than letting them die from neglect.

The problem here is that the bar doesn't own or maintain the tables. It's a company called town & country amusements and they distribute all the on-location coin-op games.

Given that the supercharger is known as one of the most reliable toys on any pin I have some hopes but after seeing the cue ball wizard that was there before I don't want to get my hopes up. I've played on 2 hs2 tables both up in Sudbury and one was rather nice while the other had a weak upper flipper which was only a factor when trying to lock the ball or hit the jackpot, which luckily you can also do with the left orbit as well and that's a lot easier even on a well maintained machine.

On VP's NF/UR full screen table I held the record high score for some time by rolling the score over 4 times. While I doubt I can do that IRL, at least I have a strong strategy to go in with since it involves a shot that I've always been good at but never knew to exploit. I've been waiting 8 years for today

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
As long as we're still on the subject of licorice root I will throw this out there. If you're ever on any narcotic pain med long enough to get physically addicted, use licorice root in your weaning off period in order to reduce the symptoms of physical withdrawal. It will help reduce the runny nose/stuffed nose and some of the jittery feelings. But don't use licorice candy as they don't contain much licorice root. It will also help with chronic addiction to narcotics including heroin but obviously those patients need more care than just licorice root.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
As long as we're still on the subject of licorice root I will throw this out there. If you're ever on any narcotic pain med long enough to get physically addicted, use licorice root in your weaning off period in order to reduce the symptoms of physical withdrawal. It will help reduce the runny nose/stuffed nose and some of the jittery feelings. But don't use licorice candy as they don't contain much licorice root. It will also help with chronic addiction to narcotics including heroin but obviously those patients need more care than just licorice root.
Do they make a root beer out of liquorice root? I had a ginger beer once (like root beer but made from ginger root instead of sassafras root). It was really good. I think liquorice root would make a nice base for soft drink. It'd prolly be expensive, but good...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Somehow a fan rage topic turned into a discussion of the merits of liquorice... I love this forum.

night

May 18, 2012
Do they make a root beer out of liquorice root? I had a ginger beer once (like root beer but made from ginger root instead of sassafras root). It was really good. I think liquorice root would make a nice base for soft drink. It'd prolly be expensive, but good...

What about a cup of liquorice tea?
th020.gif

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

Can always make your own. :D

Soda making only require water, sugar, yeast and flavor.

Btw, They no longer use Sassafras in root beer. The safrole oil causes cancer.

night

May 18, 2012
Another one from our country: 'Dropshot' liquorice liquor "It's Black Magic".

('Drop' is the Dutch naming for liquorice).

P1260554.jpg

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Can always make your own. :D

Soda making only require water, sugar, yeast and flavor.

Btw, They no longer use Sassafras in root beer. The safrole oil causes cancer.
When I was a young boy, I went out hiking with my uncle into the woods once and he found a sassafras tree. He cut one of the roots, being careful not to disturb the other roots so that the tree would live. He took it home, washed it, boiled it, and made sassafras tea. It had a very strong root beer flavor, a little bitter, almost overbearing, but my aunt doctored it up by dilluting it half and half with water and adding brown sugar, after which it tasted pretty good, still much stronger than any "root beer" I'd ever tasted. My uncle's recipe just needed a woman's touch, that's all.

Sassafrass is also a controlled substance as it can be used as a precursor for making .. um other things
Seriously what's the deal with meth? Seems like almost everything is restricted because it's a raw ingredient for making dope. Got Sudafed?

By the way, Coke Cola still uses processed cocca leaves as a flavorant. Yes, the same danged plant that makes coccain is also used to flavor coke. They use some fancy secret process to remove the coccaine content, possibly similar to the process the drug cartels use; the just discard the wrong stuff! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.