Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
i dream someday i'll go to bookstore and find on it's shelfs book titled: "The Pinball Arcade: true stories from backstage or as i think it could be in my imagenary world" with your name on it.
but seriously: do you believe what FS could make this statistic gathering stuff long ago, but at same time we still have broken friends leaderboards?
Whether they did or not, I don't know. I just said that they could have. But it is certainly within FarSight's capabilities.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
EMs are just not as popular. If you had a business would you sell something you knew to be less likely to sell?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It depends. Vanilla is the most popular and best selling ice cream flavor. But it would suck if we only had vanilla.
I'd guess EMs sell well enough that they could throw one in per season without going bankrupt. But that is a gut feeling as I don't have access to their books. But as an auditor, I'd like to peek around and see what's doing. I hope they are doing well.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It depends. Vanilla is the most popular and best selling ice cream flavor. But it would suck if we only had vanilla.
I'd guess EMs sell well enough that they could throw one in per season without going bankrupt. But that is a gut feeling as I don't have access to their books. But as an auditor, I'd like to peek around and see what's doing. I hope they are doing well.

EMs are like banana ice cream. Not the most popular flavor of ice cream, but I wouldn't want to live in a world without it!

N

netizen

Heck, i'd be happy to see a minimum of one EM a year, but even more happy if FS was able to release a 2-5 title EM table pack once a year at a slightly elevated price, or as a part of the "expanded" Pinball After Dark universe.

night

May 18, 2012
EM's are like liquorice. Most people don't like them, but those who do really love 'em.

Liquorice is very popular in my country, we have 'm in all kind of shapes and flavors!

This image is a packaging illustration I did years ago for a big supermarket brand in The Netherlands. Left is mixed salt & sweet, right is so-called English liquorice.

Albert+Heijn+Drop.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Licorice and EMs sounds like a party. I love both.

Seems we are way off topic now. Let's see if we can get back on the rail.

Now that the season packs have been pulled, do you think they will return for season 4 in some form? Will the pricing structure change?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Now that the season packs have been pulled, do you think they will return for season 4 in some form? Will the pricing structure change?
I think they'd return at the end of Season 3. Apple's issue wasn't the season pack itself, it was that all the items that were to be in the season pack were not complete yet. So I think we'll see season packs become available at the end of their respective seasons going forward.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Yes, but when your biggest customers come in and consistently ask for Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, you start stocking chocolate chip cookie dough. Otherwise that baskin Robbins down the street will start looking very attractive.

Currently, TPA sells a vaiety of flavors and themes. DMD, SS, Gottlieb, Williams, Balley, Stern, etc... What's missing, with the exception of two or three tables depending on how you define Genie, there are no EMs.

Admit it, there are people out there who enjoy licorish, banana splits, cookie dough, whatever.

+1 if you're sick of Vanilla, Chocolate, and occasionally Strawberry.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Just black licorice.

Since being on topic is wildly overrated:

Black licorice is the only real licorice. The red stuff is just twisty [Insert Red Fruit] flavoured candy. I hate licorice, except Jelly Belly licorice jelly beans for some weird reason, just being around someone eating licorice and smelling it makes me literally want to vomit (literally literally, not figuratively literally or exaggerated literally).

Yes, but when your biggest customers come in and consistently ask for Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, you start stocking chocolate chip cookie dough. Otherwise that baskin Robbins down the street will start looking very attractive.

Currently, TPA sells a vaiety of flavors and themes. DMD, SS, Gottlieb, Williams, Balley, Stern, etc... What's missing, with the exception of two or three tables depending on how you define Genie, there are no EMs.

Admit it, there are people out there who enjoy licorish, banana splits, cookie dough, whatever.

+1 if you're sick of Vanilla, Chocolate, and occasionally Strawberry.

Genie is a true SS game, even if an early one. El Dorado, on the other hand could be considered an EM since it was originally released as one and then got the SS treatment, though arguably would have been more fun as an EM.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Black licorice is the only real licorice. The red stuff is just twisty [Insert Red Fruit] flavoured candy. I hate licorice, except Jelly Belly licorice jelly beans for some weird reason, just being around someone eating licorice and smelling it makes me literally want to vomit (literally literally, not figuratively literally or exaggerated literally).

Genie is a true SS game, even if an early one. El Dorado, on the other hand could be considered an EM since it was originally released as one and then got the SS treatment, though arguably would have been more fun as an EM.

You are totally right on Licorice. I do love my Cherry twizzlers though and as much as I hate black licorice, I never mind a round or three of Jagermeister!

I have tried the original El Dorado and it is much more enjoyable, at least to me. I don't think the SS version is awful but based strictly on gameplay, the original is better.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
You are totally right on Licorice. I do love my Cherry twizzlers though and as much as I hate black licorice, I never mind a round or three of Jagermeister!
Wierd, I always thought Jager tasted like gingerbread for some reason, but I guess it may have a hint of liquorice as well. A few years ago I started drinking the stuff, but after having a couple extremely bad hangovers, I can't touch the **** anymore.

LOL about liquorice. I don't mind the flavor but it is very strong so I can imagine many people being offput by the taste. There are other foods with less potent flavors that make me "gag" so I know that feeling of nauseous unpleasantness certain foods can evoke. My fiance absolutely abhors liquorice jelly beans. She'll devour whole bag of them and leave nothing but black jellies. More "yummy" for me... :p

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Wierd, I always thought Jager tasted like gingerbread for some reason, but I guess it may have a hint of liquorice as well. A few years ago I started drinking the stuff, but after having a couple extremely bad hangovers, I can't touch the **** anymore.

LOL about liquorice. I don't mind the flavor but it is very strong so I can imagine many people being offput by the taste. There are other foods with less potent flavors that make me "gag" so I know that feeling of nauseous unpleasantness certain foods can evoke. My fiance absolutely abhors liquorice jelly beans. She'll devour whole bag of them and leave nothing but black jellies. More "yummy" for me... :p

Yeah I don't think it is intended to tast like licorice but that is 90% of what I taste.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Except that black licorice isn't really licorice anymore. Most licorice candy (I'd say ALL in the US but then someone would post a link about someone making the stuff from licorice root) doesn't actually have any licorice root in it. Instead they are flavored with anise. But I think this is a good thing. I don't know when they started to phase out licorice root but I remember when I was a little kid that black licorice was just horrible and today I'd say it is edible in certain types of candy.

Oh, and long live the season packs...once the seasons are complete, of course!

night

May 18, 2012
Licorice root.. They sell that at candy stores as well, remember I used to chew on that as a kid. They make tea from it as well. People with high blood preasure should be more carefull with consuming licorice. As I wrote before, I had to illustrated dozens and dozens of different types of liqorice for candy brands, as the stuff looks unappealing when photographed. To make it tastefull and perfect I illustrated it in a photo-realistic style. These candy brands sended me bags full of the stuff and I eated it all day long. But I am still skinny and handsome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts