Season 3 pack removed from all platforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I'm pretty sure it's just a general policy to reduce Apple's risk in case an app publisher does not come through on the DLC. Apple doesn't have a problem if the product is already complete but buying a product before it's been made is a little like buying futures in the commodity market. Without knowing the financials of the publisher you don't know what the risk is. It's much easier and safer for Apple to not allow it than to try to vet the publishers to determine which ones are most likely to successfully complete their obligations. You know that if an app publisher sold a season of DLC and then went belly up that people would expect Apple to give them refunds.
Good point. Imagine the outrage of xbox360 fans if they had the ability to buy Season passes BEFORE Crave went bankrupt??? The additional tables that gamers paid for wouldn't have seen the light of day, and Microsoft would have been forced to fork over the refund. Secondly, Microsoft can't recover the funds from Crave since they went bankrupt (because Crave acted as a broker to Farsight), so they would just have to "eat" the loss. It would have been a helluva drama, that's for sure!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I sent an email to TPA a few days ago asking what would happen to the discount I was promised for Season 3 on PS3, but they haven't got back to me yet.

N

netizen

The "discounts" offered on S3 for people who bought S2 late and had already bought table packs before the season pass was offered ... this has been covered before, FFS.

You have credits with FarSight, equal to the value of the table packs you had purchasd, you do not get a discounted Season Pass for Season 3. Your Credits can be used to buy anything that FS sells.

[/story]

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The "discounts" offered on S3 for people who bought S2 late and had already bought table packs before the season pass was offered ... this has been covered before, FFS.

You have credits with FarSight, equal to the value of the table packs you had purchasd, you do not get a discounted Season Pass for Season 3. Your Credits can be used to buy anything that FS sells.

[/story]

Hmm, that was the response I was expecting from them (but they haven't replied yet - maybe the community guy is on holiday or something, I'm not going to jump to angry conclusions). My issue is that FS told me that they would give me a discount towards season 3 (effectively getting Season 3 for next to nothing), but what it looks like now would leave me with a discount for only four tables, which is less than half the value they originally promised me. I know it's the same monetary value, but I had agreed with FS via email that I'd get the discount for Season 3. it seems unfair to retract that.

Also no need for the snappy attitude. All I said was I contacted Farsight about it and they hadn't responded. This is a really long thread, very easy to overlook something. I was under the impression this issue hadn't been closed.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Hmm, that was the response I was expecting from them (but they haven't replied yet - maybe the community guy is on holiday or something, I'm not going to jump to angry conclusions). My issue is that FS told me that they would give me a discount towards season 3 (effectively getting Season 3 for next to nothing), but what it looks like now would leave me with a discount for only four tables, which is less than half the value they originally promised me. I know it's the same monetary value, but I had agreed with FS via email that I'd get the discount for Season 3. it seems unfair to retract that.

Also no need for the snappy attitude. All I said was I contacted Farsight about it and they hadn't responded. This is a really long thread, very easy to overlook something. I was under the impression this issue hadn't been closed.

If using your credits on season 3 as a whole pack is the only thing that will satisfy you then you will have to wait until the season purchase is available at the end of season three.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
sigh.......

For the most part, new Ems shoud only be made if they have something truly unique or special about them.

Either it has to be oen of the alltime greats, or a really cool gimmick (as opposed to , say, jive time)

Good EM choices.

1) Fireball. with those zipper flippers.
2) Balls-a-poppin. the inspiration for centaur.
3) Buck-a-Roo (or some other game that has a roto-target)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
If using your credits on season 3 as a whole pack is the only thing that will satisfy you then you will have to wait until the season purchase is available at the end of season three.

Is it that unreasonable that I'm a little bit bummed by this situation?

night

May 18, 2012
Good EM choices.

1) Fireball. with those zipper flippers.
2) Balls-a-poppin. the inspiration for centaur.
3) Buck-a-Roo (or some other game that has a roto-target)

Fireball is really a table that should be added to TPA, with that spinning disk on the playfield, multiball, great theme and artwork. A classic masterpiece.
And it was made in the year I was born, that alone should be reason enough.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
I bought S3 last Saturday and have the 3 new S3-pins in MyTables library and the S3-icon is greyed out, so what you all are talking about??

By the way, what a great name "Keith Moon"
I am one of the biggest Who-Fan, from Germany.
And, Keith was maybe the greatest, unique drummer in Rock history.

Long live Rock!

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Slightly off topic but why are tables no longer released in packs on Steam,android and ios?

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Is it that unreasonable that I'm a little bit bummed by this situation?

Its not unreasonable to be bummed but complaining over and again about something that you can't change will eventually drive you crazy.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Its not unreasonable to be bummed but complaining over and again about something that you can't change will eventually drive you crazy.

"Fighting lost causes it seems to be,
chasing down mighty giants as
windmills face the ocean breeze.
Loyal servant by his side,
as the attackers in his mind come
casting giant shadows on the land.
His story told from year to year,
tilting at windmills with
Don Quixote raising sword."

Certainly not mine, but I like it..

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
"Fighting lost causes it seems to be,
chasing down mighty giants as
windmills face the ocean breeze.
Loyal servant by his side,
as the attackers in his mind come
casting giant shadows on the land.
His story told from year to year,
tilting at windmills with
Don Quixote raising sword."

Certainly not mine, but I like it..
What is that quote from? I like the style of it.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

All I said was that I emailed Farsight about the issue and they haven't replied, which is unlike them. I might try again. I don't believe there has been an official comment on this so far. If so, could you direct me to it? I must have missed it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You're not listening.

They came out and said that the 2nd game within all packs were "Free" and "like a bonus"... However, later on when asked about why no EM tables have come out for so long, they said "Because our EM tables have sold poorly". I'd say that's a contradiction.

So, basically they either lied about the tables being "Free", which most TPA would agree on, or some within don't know left from right with what's going on.

You add to that the Xbox mess, the Wii mess, the Xbox1 "We have a publisher"/"We're looking for a publisher", the constant delays with platform releases, the endless bugs... I mean, the list goes on and on and on. That's what I mean when I say "Unorganized". Now, I've spoken to quite a few Farsight employees through messaging and E-mails and have had many back and fourths with them. I'm not gonna pile up on them and say negative crap every chance I get like some, but when I do say things, I state facts. You simply cannot dispute anything I've said thus far. Again, I continue to support them with money because I believe in what they're doing, but I'm also in my right as a paying customer to give them healthy criticism (Which they continually ask for from customers). I want them to succeed, and I want them to be better. They can't do either if everyone just says "You're the best, Farsight, you can do no wrong!" (When they are surrounded by endless problems from every corner)

What bothers me the most, and again, we've had healthy debates on this, is the constant "It's Sony's Fault"/"It's Apple's Fault"/"It's (Fill in the blank) Fault." I'm sorry, but these third parties have a respectable track record, backed up by mammoth sales. So, I find it very hard to believe that every issue that ever comes up is someone else's fault. I think the company needs more staff, esp a better PR staff that can actually keep track of what's said, past and present.

Hey, you don't have to listen to me, just check the Forum or/and the Facebook page for the hundreds upon hundreds of ever growing complaints from paying customers. If they don't start getting these issues shored up, they're gonna be selling "Orbals II" instead of great Pinball tables.

I don't care what they said about the second table being free. We know that wasn't true.

I'd like to see where they said that EM tables didn't sell well. Otherwise you are ignoring facts. EM's poor sales are non-testable. They were never sold on their own so Big Shot sold every bit as well as Scared Stiff and Central Park sold every bit as well as Cactus Canyon.

What logic therefore can anyone put that they didn't sell well? And yes I was listening. You are saying that Scared Stiff and Cactus Canyon didn't sell well. Whether you used those words or not, that is exactly what you are saying.

Also...Big Shot happens to be a rather well liked table while Central Park was received in a bit more of a lukewarm fashion. They really haven't been received much differently than various SS tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts