Season 3 PS4

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
How stupid of me to think that this would be available for PAL/Euro territories as well. The PS3/3D update hasn't even been released here yet.

Let's not forget the $44AUD it costs for a regular (not pro!) season :/

Your prices are higher because your country's median income is higher than the US. I personally feel for you guys and they shouldn't hike the prices like that.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Your prices are higher because your country's median income is higher than the US. I personally feel for you guys and they shouldn't hike the prices like that.
Doubt it's median income... Steam prices are the same in Australia and the US for TPA ($30US), no reason PSNs should be astronomically higher.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
How stupid of me to think that this would be available for PAL/Euro territories as well. The PS3/3D update hasn't even been released here yet.

Let's not forget the $44AUD it costs for a regular (not pro!) season :/

You´re damn right. It´s a shame, how they treat european customers. I guess, i will not even donate another single cent on this game. I wondered, to buy the pro-version-upgrade for season one. But another 10 Euros? I paid more than 100 Euros for all my versions and tables on PS4, Android and Kindl, and every bad news in this forum, which are a lot, feels like a little faceslap.
Even the US-patch offers no improved graphics, no hardly needed sound fixes, no friendship-leaderboards....thats a hell of a joke.

Well, most of the season one tables are a lot of fun, despite of the really awful sound. By the way, for me TPA is much more satisfying than Zen. So, I will play the old tables with my own backgroundmusic, ignoring what FS is publishing in the future. No future support of such a bad publishing and information policy. Sad to say that, because I love TPA itself.

After all, I´m frustrated and absolutely tired of waiting, and waiting, and waiting....................

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Can anyone confirm if season three has trophies? Thanks. :)

I don't think anyone will be able to confirm that because it doesn't. There are only enough trophies to get through season two. I don't think it occurred to FarSight to restructure the trophies for the PS4 version.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Why did we play games before achievements and trophies? I have a vague recollection of something we used to call 'fun', but I could be mistaken.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
but how tou you KNOW your having fun everything is subjective! 50-60 achivments in my soul feels like it has done wonders

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Whether you like them or not, it's nice to have something to show for completing in game tasks, especially in a game like pinball, and to have no continuity across the whole game spoils it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
As with all things, it's each to their own. I do enjoy going for the trophies, but going for high scores is where I get my TPA kicks (usually a kick in the nuts when I fail). I just find it a shame when people say they won't buy any more tables without trophies, but again, to each their own.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Why did we play games before achievements and trophies? I have a vague recollection of something we used to call 'fun', but I could be mistaken.
Trophies and achievements are cool because they either force you to do things you otherwise might not have or they reward you for fun stuff. Like there's a trophy in Assassin's Creed 4 for "waking up in a haystack", which can only be done by getting drunk in a bar and passing out. Probably not something you would normally try. Or the trophy in Sleeping Dogs for hitting someone with a fish. Stuff like that.

I'm not a trophy hunter per se but I will try for them if I think a platinum is doable.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
First of all, so happy to see an actual changelog for the new update. Very cool.

Secondly, I'm looking forward to opinions on the PS4 versions of Fish Tales and Black Rose. At $5 a pop, I'm a lot less inclined to just buy every table where I bought 'em all on PS3, sight unseen. Especially if a season pack will be available for $30 later...

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Trophies and achievements are cool because they either force you to do things you otherwise might not have or they reward you for fun stuff. Like there's a trophy in Assassin's Creed 4 for "waking up in a haystack", which can only be done by getting drunk in a bar and passing out. Probably not something you would normally try. Or the trophy in Sleeping Dogs for hitting someone with a fish. Stuff like that.

I'm not a trophy hunter per se but I will try for them if I think a platinum is doable.

I totally agree on all points (I confess to having about 13 platinums), I just don't think it's the be all and end all. As I posted earlier, its a shame some people claim they'll no longer buy tables without trophies. Surely playing the game is where the true fun lies, and trophies/achievements are an added bonus. Just my opinion, but obviously some people think differently (which shouldn't be allowed :p).

Wasn't the hitting someone with a fish trophy in Uncharted 3?

Startyde

Nov 1, 2012
$5.00 a pop for a standard single table on PS4? I feel like my patience and support for FarSight keeps getting condensed into a hardened ball of FU and thrown right back in my face :\

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
First of all, so happy to see an actual changelog for the new update. Very cool.

Secondly, I'm looking forward to opinions on the PS4 versions of Fish Tales and Black Rose. At $5 a pop, I'm a lot less inclined to just buy every table where I bought 'em all on PS3, sight unseen. Especially if a season pack will be available for $30 later...

I've only played one game on each but they look awesome! My general review though is it's got flippers and a ball. I play!

$5.00 a pop for a standard single table on PS4? I feel like my patience and support for FarSight keeps getting condensed into a hardened ball of FU and thrown right back in my face :\

Calm down Francis. It's the same price on all platforms.

Last edited:

Warped Trekker

Dec 26, 2013
Still waiting on a sound fix here to buy any more tables. In the meantime, guess I'll play Zen. They have several new Star Wars tables coming out real soon. 5.1 surround high quality audio. And due to their flippers being spaced closer together, gives a much fun game, although less challenging. One thing I've always disliked about playing real pinball tables, is the huge gap between the flippers. Whoever designed the standard, should've been shot.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Still waiting on a sound fix here to buy any more tables. In the meantime, guess I'll play Zen. They have several new Star Wars tables coming out real soon. 5.1 surround high quality audio. And due to their flippers being spaced closer together, gives a much fun game, although less challenging. One thing I've always disliked about playing real pinball tables, is the huge gap between the flippers. Whoever designed the standard, should've been shot.

I feel the exact opposite. That's the main thing that keeps me from getting into Zen. For me, a lot of the fun is trying to keep the ball alive. Much of that is lost when the ball can barely fit between the flippers. As B.B. would say, the thrill is gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.