Season 3 PS4

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Europe always comes a few weeks after the US.

I'm sorry that you decided to punish yourself with those awful Zen tables in the interim.

Hey Mark they aren't THAT bad. The PS4 version also runs a lot faster and some of those tables aren't as easy as people claim. Try Iron Man. Every ramp has a different steepness to it. It's fantasy pinball and I bet they could get even do some Indiana Jones tables if they thought they were going to sell. FS has a mchine right in front of them. Zen doesn't. I don't know why people here are always ripping on them, They have 3d and higher end audio then we do, but an emulated rom in 5.1 would be heresy as that's definitely not authentic. I enjoy both and am glad FS and Zen publish on PSN. I do admit the Darth Vader table is dreadfully boring though. Game On! :D

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
!!!EUROPE stop moaning about USA gets things before us. just get use to it ,that`s life. pc tablets and mobiles have all the tables,use these until it comes out on ps3, ps4 and xbox 360, xbox 1. :)

Sorry Wolfson!
In my opinion an little bit arrogant and ignorant statement from your side. I won´t stop moaning. That´s not life, that´s a horrible publishing-policy. By the way, it´s not very comfortable for me to use my tablet or phone, because I´ve got problems with my eyes, playing in short visual distance.

i

wolfson

May 24, 2013
sorry Patty but in Australia we just get on with it ,we don`t complain.i`m short sighted,i hook my pc to my 55 inch tv so I can see better.how is it arrogant and ignorant ? remember Patty there is always someone else in a worse position than us,some people can`t walk,can`t move there hands. :eek:

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
Er, have you ever played a real table Vince? I know which game is more accurate physics wise. That zen ball has to be made of lead, it often stops dead in its tracks going up a ramp. I like the spin though !

Have done that thing mate. I live down on the south coast, and throughout my childhood there was an arcade on the beach (Lee-on-the-Solent) a bike ride away chock full of machines. I've played a lot of the real versions. The arcade is still there, and unfortunately now there's only a really badly kept LotR there; I still drop in to play it sometimes though. Lord though mate, let's not fight about physics; life's too short.

P.S. To those saying that the EU always is weeks behind the US: it's not true; in my experience we get tables a day later because the store updates a day later for us than the colonies. My guess is submission cock up from FS, but I'm not fussed, as I have the Timeshock alpha to play with - soon to have better physics than FJ btw. :cool:

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Blackpool was the place to go when I was a kid. Literally hundreds of arcades ram packed with pins. Just glad with PBA I can relive my youth

That brings back memories - walls of pins lined up side by side.

For the first time in nearly 2 decades I found and played a couple of tables I found on holiday last year. That's how bad it is in the UK. Sadly, one of them was Star Wars Episode 1. I got 5 credits for £1 and couldn't be bothered to use the last 4! Thank God Disney owns the rights, thereby ensuring the table never blights TPA. Pirates of the Caribbean was fun though.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Hey Mark they aren't THAT bad. The PS4 version also runs a lot faster and some of those tables aren't as easy as people claim. Try Iron Man. Every ramp has a different steepness to it. It's fantasy pinball and I bet they could get even do some Indiana Jones tables if they thought they were going to sell. FS has a mchine right in front of them. Zen doesn't. I don't know why people here are always ripping on them, They have 3d and higher end audio then we do, but an emulated rom in 5.1 would be heresy as that's definitely not authentic. I enjoy both and am glad FS and Zen publish on PSN. I do admit the Darth Vader table is dreadfully boring though. Game On! :D

I disagree, which we just kinda have to leave at that because they don't like Zen "bashing" on this forum. Which I can understand, keep things positive...

Back in 07' way before PinArcade and well before Williams HOF even... I thought it was neat because it was the first. I played the freebies but I never bought a single table because I thought it was dreadful, unrealistic... in that 8 years they have never once upgraded their physics engine, they were obsoleted by HOF and that's been way obsoleted by Farsight themselves... and you could say well it's Fantasy Pinball so it doesn't have to be, but I think that's making excuses.

Devil Crash on the TurboGraphx 16 and Sega Genesis is a faster playing, meaner and dare I say more realistic game of fantasy pinball and that game is 25 some years old. In fact I'd recommend anyone looking for seriously awesome fantasy pinball to try out Alien, Devil, and Jakki's Crush games. Or you can play Zzzzzz Pinball I mean "Zen" Pinball (all pinball involves Zen skill btw, zen gives zen a bad name!). That's my biggest beef with them. Yes, Zen is a part of pinball, that state of mind where you're very relaxed and kicking arse... but pinball is supposed to be hard, supposed to kick your ass and be challenging. Pinball Arcade and the Crush series are like that, you can get into that zen mindframe but it's never a cakewalk. And Crush games really take the fantasy elements to another level with insane mini games and a truly awesome triple main playfield. Zen, imo, is wasting soo soo sooo much potential in that area, their mini games are a joke in comparison to the crush series...

Again, 25 year old, 16-bit games...

This is all just opinion and we'll get shut down if we get into a debate. At the end of the day it's different genre's, and I respect that some people like it, I'm just not one of them and these are the reasons. Pinball is niche and the more representation there is (even if imo it's not very good) the better.

Last edited:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I believe there was an arcade with a wall of pins when I went to Southport in 2010, no idea if its still there. I didn't go on any of them because I was short of cash and the reflections from the lighting were so bad I couldn't have seen what I was doing anyway.

I seem to be lucky living in Sheffield, from what I can gather there are 4-5 pubs with pins here although I have only confirmed one of them so far, a Spiderman in The Howard. At the usual pricing though of £1 per game, £2 for 3 (didn't work when I tried but bartender did give a quid back to get the third game) playing the real thing is only a special treat, far too rich for my blood.

Last edited:

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I believe there was an arcade with a wall of pins when I went to Southport in 2010, no idea if its still there. I didn't go on any of them because I was short of cash and the reflections from the lighting were so bad I couldn't have seen what I was doing anyway.

I seem to be lucky living in Sheffield, from what I can gather there are 4-5 pubs with pins here although I have only confirmed one of them so far, a Spiderman in The Howard. At the usual pricing though of £1 per game, £2 for 3 (didn't work when I tried but bartender did give a quid back to get the third game) playing the real thing is only a special treat, far too rich for my blood.

Any idea which arcade in southport? I live about 20 minutes away

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I disagree, which we just kinda have to leave at that because they don't like Zen "bashing" on this forum. Which I can understand, keep things positive...

Back in 07' way before PinArcade and well before Williams HOF even... I thought it was neat because it was the first. I played the freebies but I never bought a single table because I thought it was dreadful, unrealistic... in that 8 years they have never once upgraded their physics engine, they were obsoleted by HOF and that's been way obsoleted by Farsight themselves... and you could say well it's Fantasy Pinball so it doesn't have to be, but I think that's making excuses.

Devil Crash on the TurboGraphx 16 and Sega Genesis is a faster playing, meaner and dare I say more realistic game of fantasy pinball and that game is 25 some years old. In fact I'd recommend anyone looking for seriously awesome fantasy pinball to try out Alien, Devil, and Jakki's Crush games. Or you can play Zzzzzz Pinball I mean "Zen" Pinball (all pinball involves Zen skill btw, zen gives zen a bad name!). That's my biggest beef with them. Yes, Zen is a part of pinball, that state of mind where you're very relaxed and kicking arse... but pinball is supposed to be hard, supposed to kick your ass and be challenging. Pinball Arcade and the Crush series are like that, you can get into that zen mindframe but it's never a cakewalk. And Crush games really take the fantasy elements to another level with insane mini games and a truly awesome triple main playfield. Zen, imo, is wasting soo soo sooo much potential in that area, their mini games are a joke in comparison to the crush series...

Again, 25 year old, 16-bit games...

This is all just opinion and we'll get shut down if we get into a debate. At the end of the day it's different genre's, and I respect that some people like it, I'm just not one of them and these are the reasons. Pinball is niche and the more representation there is (even if imo it's not very good) the better.

Whatver gets you to sleep at night. TPA is a broken, bug riddled piece. I am done with this charade. Also the physics of TPA are still not that great either. I'm done here and with the know it alls that inhabit and fester here. I shouldn't have bought the last two tables and I am not buying anymore. 25 year old physics...delusional and idiotic.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Whatver gets you to sleep at night. TPA is a broken, bug riddled piece. I am done with this charade. Also the physics of TPA are still not that great either. I'm done here and with the know it alls that inhabit and fester here. I shouldn't have bought the last two tables and I am not buying anymore. 25 year old physics...delusional and idiotic.

Later, dude.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

Whoa whoa whoa there! As much as I disagree with Mark Wyda's take on Zen (because I can say a whole lot about TPA as well), he did say it's HIS opinion. It doesn't mean it's fact, because it definitely isn't. Don't let that deter you away from TPA man. The whole point of the physics is to stay true to the nostalgic factor of playing the game 25 years ago. Also the physics on TPA is as close as you're going to get by playing the real thing. I know I don't have to tell you that.

NO game is perfect, not even Zen. Bugs will happen and patches will be made. No use in downplaying the game. You're a fan of this game and should stay one if you still hold interest. Point is, we're a pinball community (even if there are some biased ones here) and we all enjoy pinball to it's entirety. Don't be upset. Just take a breather and come back.... :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Whoa whoa whoa there! As much as I disagree with Mark Wyda's take on Zen (because I can say a whole lot about TPA as well), he did say it's HIS opinion. It doesn't mean it's fact, because it definitely isn't. Don't let that deter you away from TPA man. The whole point of the physics is to stay true to the nostalgic factor of playing the game 25 years ago. Also the physics on TPA is as close as you're going to get by playing the real thing. I know I don't have to tell you that.

NO game is perfect, not even Zen. Bugs will happen and patches will be made. No use in downplaying the game. You're a fan of this game and should stay one if you still hold interest. Point is, we're a pinball community (even if there are some biased ones here) and we all enjoy pinball to it's entirety. Don't be upset. Just take a breather and come back.... :)

Too late bro. He's been banned because he wanted his account deleted. People can just walk away if they want to but if they ask to be removed they get banned. It's as close to deleting an account as they can.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
A few things:

I can't fathom calling the Devil's Crush and Alien Crash games difficult. I always found them incredibly easy and I'm not even close to being a good player.

And the physics in Pro Pinball, especially the last three, are a LOT better than TPA. TPA's are decent but not on the level of Pro.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
...in that 8 years they have never once upgraded their physics engine..

This is incorrect. The physics have been noticeably different in every PS release, including ZP2 on the PS4 which has the most drastic change since the difference betwen the physics in the original Zen (which was awful) and the subsequent releases (which were ok). The physics on the PS4 version are definitely much better than (and not quite as easy as) all of the PS3 releases, so they're at least moving in the right direction. I think your information is a bit outdated in this case.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Hey Kemmettman72, if you're reading this man, I never intended to like cause you a nervous brake down man. I was just citing opinion man, I meant nothing mean or bad by it. It's just forums sometimes people like to debate but it's all love.

To the above; I just played it on my phone a few months ago. The physics just aren't good. They aren't realistic at all (which again someone will yell 'fantasy mark!' but even fantasy tables back in the day were judged on realism in that dept). I'm glad they do not have the licenses and I'm glad Farsight does we'll leave it at that.

And yeah I've heard amazing things about Pro Pinball. Can't wait to try that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.