• AC/DC

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Jurassic Park

Votes: 17 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Would be happy with Simpsons, really want that one, but want Metallica and AC/DC more. Would LOVE to have those in TPA someday. How about all 3 of those.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Not Metallica, just the idea of giving my money to those cheap money grubbing bastards makes me angry. Seriously, is there anything more un-rock-n-roll than listening to multi-millionaire Lars Ulrich piss and moan about internet pirates stealing his his hard earned money when they download a Metallica song for free?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Didn't even bother voting because the one I want is so far ahead. They have a TSPP at a local pub right down the street from me. I'd play it more if I didn't get kicked out the last 3 times. Apparently they frown on passing out drunk in the grass by the entrance.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
didn't even bother voting because the one i want is so far ahead. They have a tspp at a local pub right down the street from me. I'd play it more if i didn't get kicked out the last 3 times. Apparently they frown on passing out drunk in the grass by the entrance.

lmao

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Didn't even bother voting because the one I want is so far ahead. They have a TSPP at a local pub right down the street from me. I'd play it more if I didn't get kicked out the last 3 times. Apparently they frown on passing out drunk in the grass by the entrance.

play.jpg

Play sober or get pulled over.

Nesbro

Jul 18, 2014
I recall Farsight saying AC/DC carried an astronomical license, but also saying Metallica was in their "someday list". I just find that strange since Metallica is just as famous as AC/DC. They would surely cost as much, if not even more, depending on how much all the licensed music is. Then there's the issue of keeping the E10 rating. It's not like Metallica is like some sort of X-rated table, but from what I know (sorry if I sound stupid, but I only played it once, and I didn't do too well, so I don't know much about it.), the callouts have a bit of swearing, and some of the animations on the table and such could possibly be considered violent or inappropriate. There might also be an issue with emulation. I don't know if the systems of the modern Sterns would require a lot of horsepower on the average PC, given they're a fair bit more complex than older systems. Don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but to sum it up, Metallica and AC/DC seem kind of unlikely due to the expense and all that. If you ask me, The Shadow or maybe TSPP would be the most likely. They'd be easier to emulate and possibly less expensive. Both do have pretty big talent, but I think the JP, Metallica and AC/DC would be a lot more costly.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Metallica is just as famous as AC/DC? I take it you live in a trailer park. AC/DC was one of the most influential bands in rock while Metallica sold the exact same repackaged album over and over again to braindead tweekers for the last 25 years. After Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning they became complete sell-outs, their following 27 bi-annual albums were whiny garbage with Lars tapdancing excessively on his double kick drums like a high schooler. That bus fell on the wrong band member. They are not even in the same league as AC/DC.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Metallica is just as famous as AC/DC? I take it you live in a trailer park. AC/DC was one of the most influential bands in rock while Metallica sold the exact same repackaged album over and over again to braindead tweekers for the last 25 years. After Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning they became complete sell-outs, their following 27 bi-annual albums were whiny garbage with Lars tapdancing excessively on his double kick drums like a high schooler. That bus fell on the wrong band member. They are not even in the same league as AC/DC.

+1

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I prefer AC/DC as well, but I think it's fair to say Mettallica is in the same realm of fame. Both have sold plenty of albums and both can still sell out the seats on tour. I think you're letting your personal opinion blind you a bit. By the way, my wife thinks all AC/DC songs sound the same.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

AC/DC have also essentially been writing the same songs (with the same chords) for the past 40 years. Want half an album filled with songs about drinking beer and sexual conquest (both innuendo and explicit)? There's AC/DC in a nutshell. This is also why I love AC/DC and have half a dozen of their albums and will consistently list them as one of my Top 5 Musical Acts Of All Time, if I was the kind of person to write lists.

If you want to accuse Metallica of "selling out", trace it back to the video for "One". That was their real MTV breakthrough. After that, they needed shorter songs to play live sets to a wider audience, hence the Black Album. Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning were Metallica establishing their sound, Master Of Puppets was Metallica perfecting their style, ...And Justice For All was over-produced and over-wrought ("One" being the prime example), the Black Album half-great and half-filler. After that, meh. Still, they recorded some of the most influential metal tracks ever, which is why I love Metallica and have half a dozen of their albums etc.

Nesbro said:
I recall Farsight saying AC/DC carried an astronomical license, but also saying Metallica was in their "someday list". I just find that strange since Metallica is just as famous as AC/DC. They would surely cost as much, if not even more, depending on how much all the licensed music is.

It's not just how much the music costs, it how much the likeness of the band costs, etc. Different bands have different ways of doing business. AC/DC, for instance, own their entire catalog. Do you know why there's never been an "AC/DC's Greatest Hits" or the like? Because they own their catalog, and don't want to do a compilation album, ever. Metallica are in the same boat, but Metallica are far more likely to pimp themselves. For instance I don't see AC/DC doing one-off songs at baseball games, just on the off-chance people have forgotten they exist since MTV stopped playing music videos. AC/DC appear to be far more protective of their "brand" than Metallica, and are more likely to be highly selective over who gets to use it, for what purposes, and how much it costs. Metallica seem to be more willing to put their name to anything these days, as long as there's a buck or two in it.

Nesbro

Jul 18, 2014

Don't get so angry, I wasn't saying AC/DC was worse than Metallica or anything, I was only meaning that both are popular bands that could carry a heavy licensing price. They're both well-known rock bands that have sold millions of albums and concert tickets, therefore they are presumably at least relative equals in terms of pricing. I wasn't intending to say anything about the musical merit of either band, I was just talking about their licensing cost.

Also, I don't appreciate basically being called trailer park trash. This isn't an argument that needs to be on a personal level.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Saying AC/DC writes the same song because they uses the same 4 chords is like saying there is only one blues song because they use the same 4 chords. The same is true if you say all songs about beer and sex are the same. Thank you for your opinion now you can go back to listening to Yngwie Malmsteen, who I will assume is your favorite musician since he uses so many chords.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Wow you really showcase some high class yourself! Lol.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I don't foresee any Data East tables hitting Season 4, maybe Season 5. I see TSPP or LOTR as the KS'er table

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts