Season Two - Your thoughts so far?

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
How was I getting 'snippy'? Seems like as a fan of TPA and pinball in general you would be able to find at least ONE table that held your interest. Hence the hard to please comment.

Sounded snippy to me, but regardless, I already said "Dude" and "Canyon" were pretty neat.

My point was that Season 1 just had, in my opinion, MUCH better tables.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Why does it matter what the theme is about? Just as long as it looks good and is fun, I don't have a problem with it. In real life many machines have a card theme (usually poker) or a pool (billiards) theme. We're bound to have a lot of overlap when it comes to themes as there are more and more tables. I would hate for FS to arbitrarily limit tables to completely unique themes. That would be weird.

Because we already have a gazillion spaced themed tables, and the majority of them aren't fun in the slightest.

I guess I'm just looking for more variety.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Because we already have a gazillion spaced themed tables, and the majority of them aren't fun in the slightest.

I guess I'm just looking for more variety.

A table being fun and what the theme is, are unrelated. I can understand if you don't like a few tables but that has nothing to do with what the theme is. There are probably a few space themed pinball machines that are really good that have not made their way to TPA but you wouldn't want them because there are some space themed tables in TPA that you don't like. o,0

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I agree there are a lot of space themed pins. But I enjoy most of them. Pinball has a lot of themes that keep getting recycled such as space, gambling/cards, and horror themed pins. We already have a bunch of horror themed pins and I guarentee we will get more of them. Try not to let the theme ruin your fun. Lots of good pins out there with crap themes or bad artwork.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
A table being fun and what the theme is, are unrelated. I can understand if you don't like a few tables but that has nothing to do with what the theme is. There are probably a few space themed pinball machines that are really good that have not made their way to TPA but you wouldn't want them because there are some space themed tables in TPA that you don't like. o,0

You keep ignoring the part where I said "The space theme tables aren't fun to me." Hahahahaha

Again, I love threads that ask for opinions, but then people like to get all upset about different opinions. That defeats the whole purpose of this thread.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I'm a sucker for the space and monster themes, judging from my favorites. (TPM has at least three already in which Dracula appears as a character, and they haven't even done Bram Stoker's Dracula!)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
You keep ignoring the part where I said "The space theme tables aren't fun to me." Hahahahaha

Again, I love threads that ask for opinions, but then people like to get all upset about different opinions. That defeats the whole purpose of this thread.
And you keep ignoring the part where he states that he feels a table's fun is unrelated to its theme. So rather than continue to talk in circles and get everyone "upset", please explain for us why having a space theme ruins a table for you, or what themes you would give the space-themed tables instead.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
And you keep ignoring the part where he states that he feels a table's fun is unrelated to its theme. So rather than continue to talk in circles and get everyone "upset", please explain for us why having a space theme ruins a table for you, or what themes you would give the space-themed tables instead.

Thank you for speaking for him, I'm sure he appreciates it. Hahahaha

[Mod Edit: No, this is what me speaking for someone else looks like.]

(Edit- Impressive.)

So far, most of the space tables are just boring, no fun in them, no action. The only one that holds my attention is "Space Shuttle", because at least it has the cool shuttle to aim for, etc. The rest are just early pins that don't really offer anything to me.

The "Monster" themes, for example, have had so much to offer. (Scared Stiff's Top spinner, Party Monster's Skull, Monster Bash's character's coming to life on the table, etc etc)

Hopefully that settles it for some, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Although I myself am on the side that says the theme of a table has no bearing on whether the table is fun or not, I do find myself avoiding tables in an arcade if I see David Hasselhoff or Bob Denver on the backglass, and I drop money into the STTNG machine just because I like Trek, not because I like the table.

I feel so manipulated.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Although I myself am on the side that says the theme of a table has no bearing on whether the table is fun or not, I do find myself avoiding tables in an arcade if I see David Hasselhoff or Bob Denver on the backglass, and I drop money into the STTNG machine just because I like Trek, not because I like the table.

I feel so manipulated.

I have no problem with sci fi or space related themes, as long as the tables are fun... and so far, I've hated just about all of them. Heck, I can't even stand STTNG... it's just not fun for me.

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Wait... What about Attack from Mars? Is it even possible to not like that table?

Like I said, "Just about"...

"Attack from Mars" is one of my top favorites of all time. There's so much to do on that table, and the UFO destroy goals never get old, not to mention the video and sound effects that accompany it.

The rest? Meh.

I'm ready to get back to some 90's tables. (Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Addams Family, Dirty Harry, etc)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thank you for speaking for him, I'm sure he appreciates it. Hahahaha

[Mod Edit: No, this is what me speaking for someone else looks like.]

(Edit- Impressive.)

So far, most of the space tables are just boring, no fun in them, no action. The only one that holds my attention is "Space Shuttle", because at least it has the cool shuttle to aim for, etc. The rest are just early pins that don't really offer anything to me.

The "Monster" themes, for example, have had so much to offer. (Scared Stiff's Top spinner, Party Monster's Skull, Monster Bash's character's coming to life on the table, etc etc)

Hopefully that settles it for some, but I doubt it.

I don't mind him speaking for me as long as he's correct. :D

I will accept that most of the space themed tables you don't like (even though I like all the space themed tables except for Black Hole) but I do not accept that it has anything to do with the theme. :D

Although I have noticed that all of my favorite pinball machines have little shiny silvery balls and flippers...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Like I said, "Just about"...

"Attack from Mars" is one of my top favorites of all time. There's so much to do on that table, and the UFO destroy goals never get old, not to mention the video and sound effects that accompany it.

The rest? Meh.

Ok, whew! I was about to climb thru the internets and slap ya.:)
Now that I look at what we've got, with the exception of F2K, I also am not the biggest fan of the space/sci-fi tables in TPA so far, but I'm not blaming that on the themes. I'm blaming the suction outlanes of FP, STTNG, SShuttle, PBot, and BoP.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
How are the wizard goals on Central Park insane? I got them all on the first game after unlocking them. I actually thought that this was one of the easiest ones to complete.

Then you must be a pinball God because most players are struggling with getting even half that score.
I personally think it's harder to obtain than Atlantis on RBION, but you probably got that during the first ball on your first game of TPA. ;)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Then you must be a pinball God because most players are struggling with getting even half that score.
I personally think it's harder to obtain than Atlantis on RBION, but you probably got that during the first ball on your first game of TPA. ;)

Well no. I got the CP goals fairly quickly too, and I'm still missing Atlantis and Frog Frenzy on RBION.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
and I'm still missing Atlantis and Frog Frenzy on RBION.

Frog Frenzy is one of the tougher goals, in my opinion. Because it involves a lot of luck.

There is several ways to light the super jackpot:
- Visit all continents. Easy but long.
- Shoot 3 ramps during Multiball. A lot less easy.

But when you have lit all the jackpots (1 to 6 millions), there is only ONE way to relight once again the super jackpot, in order to start Frog Frenzy: it's by completing the specific line of the temple code. This is only luck.

When I attempted this goal, visit all continents and shot ramps during multiball didn't relight the super jackpot. o_O.

I finally got it after something like 30 games, but this goal drove me crazy (even win the BFTK is more easy, as no luck is involved).

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
But when you have lit all the jackpots (1 to 6 millions), there is only ONE way to relight once again the super jackpot, in order to start Frog Frenzy: it's by completing the specific line of the temple code. This is only luck.
Not true. I've gone into Frog Frenzy in one multiball before. The seventh super jackpot lights in the same ways that the first six did.

In fact, you want to score the seventh super jackpot in multiball, so that your Frog Frenzy is a 4-ball affair and not a single-ball round.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts