Season Two - Your thoughts so far?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Not true. I've gone into Frog Frenzy in one multiball before. The seventh super jackpot lights in the same ways that the first six did.

In fact, you want to score the seventh super jackpot in multiball, so that your Frog Frenzy is a 4-ball affair and not a single-ball round.

You're right for sure, I don't understand what happened during my several attempts.

6 jackpots lit. I chose to visit all continents again, because it was the easiest way to relight the super jackpot. It didn't relight.

After this, I started a multiball (the shrunken head one), I managed to shot 3 ramps... and no jackpot lit.

I'm sure this happened in 2 games, the third game was when I re-lit the super jackpot with the temple code.

The others 20+ games, I didn't manage to light all 6 super jackpots. :p

Whatever, Frog Frenzy is not enough interesting, knowing how it's hard to start it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The only thing I can think of is depending on how many times you've played the main multiball before, not all the regular jackpots necessarily light at the start. Eventually it gets to the point where only one regular jackpot is lit at a time. So you may have made all 3 shots, but they may not have been lit for jackpot at the time you shot them.

And yes, neither wizard mode in RBION is really worth the effort it takes to get there, at least not compared to the scoring vs. effort of going for 2X Continent Super Jackpots.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Well! Imma just gonna step away from this one.

I don't have anything beyond the AFM pack. Yet.

Aquaman out.

bob5453

Jul 23, 2013
Season 2 has been more fun for me, mostly because I have been playing only Pinball Arcade tables recently and try not to think about bugs or graphic resolution or quality control. It is what it is. I thought they would be better by now, but since they are trying to release tables for any media player that can play them, we are probably lucky they are as good as they are.

I think we have a nice selection now and I have enjoyed every table at one time or another, I have my favorites, but then we all do. I am 60 yrs old, so they can't release anything with flippers that I can't appreciate.

I have every PA table for ps3 and purchased the entire pack of upcoming tables for the rest of season 2. I will probably have to purchase them all again for ps4, so I might just torrent the pc tables when they are available. :)

I like how Zen operates as a business, but fantasy tables only have so much playability in them and a single game can take forever to play, it is almost impossible for me to play 2 games in a row on the same Zen table. Why in the world they won't add a skill level or difficulty range to chose from is beyond me.

I guess to sum it up, season one was rated 2 stars, I'll give Season three 3 stars.

I'll give Zen 4 stars just so TPA guys have something to think about.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Zen... . Why in the world they won't add a skill level or difficulty range to chose from is beyond me.

une6u4ub.jpg

They did, day 1 - Check the operator's menu out.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Most of the tables topping the IPDB 300 were already released during the first season. That subsequent seasons are prone to getting less love, was to be expected. This is why I have pleaded for further tweaking of earlier tables in the past... As potentially the strongest selling season in Farsight's unfolding future, it may be wise to anchor the appeal of that pack with future tweaks and improvements: like applying improved physics to earlier releases.

bob5453

Jul 23, 2013
They did, day 1 - Check the operator's menu out.

Thanks, I forgot about that, but it voids recording High Score and I really like that feature. The difficulty setting for me would be the tiny gap between the flippers, it is too hard to ever lose a ball down the middle with the nudging capabilities.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Thanks, I forgot about that, but it voids recording High Score and I really like that feature. The difficulty setting for me would be the tiny gap between the flippers, it is too hard to ever lose a ball down the middle with the nudging capabilities.

I personally would like to see them add an "Install lighting flippers" option to go with the extra hard settings. The shorter flippers would open up that flipper gap to a reasonable level. I fear we're straying a bit off-topic though..

Most of the tables topping the IPDB 300 were already released during the first season. That subsequent seasons are prone to getting less love, was to be expected. This is why I have pleaded for further tweaking of earlier tables in the past... As potentially the strongest selling season in Farsight's unfolding future, it may be wise to anchor the appeal of that pack with future tweaks and improvements: like applying improved physics to earlier releases.

I agree with this for the most part. A certain amount of diminishing returns has to be expected as they work their way down the list. The tables we're getting are still really good though, and I don't think we'll be running out of quality prospects any time soon. There's still plenty of top 50 tables left for them to do.

As for the improvements to the existing lineup I still hold out hope that once FS is getting sales from all of their intended platforms that will free them up to add a bit more staff to tackle that sort of stuff.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012

The Top 300 is very much a popularity contest, there are tons of great pins that are yet to be made in TPA. If people think this season is less interesting, it's likely because they want more DMDs. And there are still a lot of great DMDs to go, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts