So when's 19 and 20 gonna hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
It's not so much making excuses, just trying to get people to relax a little. If I had a Vita and was going through those problems, I could understand a little better how unplayable it is for that system, or not based on my own experience. I'm sure it would be very frustrating having those problems, but I'm not sure how well I would like playing TPA on a screen that size as I've been so accustomed to playing on a 37 inch screen or real pinball back in the day. I remember having to adjust for the flipper lag that TPA had when it was first realeased on PS3. Frustrating? Of course. But as I mentioned, I learned to cope with the lag and enjoyed being able to play tables I had not played in many, many years (10 - 15+). I guess I'm just a little more laid back than others, as I've learned long ago, it just is not worth getting worked up and upset over such small insignificant things as compared to things that actually affect my life.

Hopefully the Mega Patch will correct it so it will be more enjoyable to play on the Vita. Like I mentioned, Farsight may or might not have been able to have done anything different in regards to being able to patch things as needed. If anything, maybe they should have not made the statement that they would release a new pack every month and they wouldn't have been under the pressure to try and meet that goal with the number of systems they are creating TPA for. That way they could have spent more time making sure the PS3, Vita, or other versions were bug free, or very close to it. The problem with that is, these days, everyone expects everything right away and at the drop of a hat whether it is possible to do it or not. So then you would have people going crazy because they were not seeing new tables very often. You had people saying they should do one table a month, or one pack every other month, and now that Farsight has done that, some people are now complaining about the new release schedule. So Farsight won't/can't win no matter what they do.

They are in a tough spot because you still have to try to make enough money to keep things going, so taking a long time to make tables would make it tough to bring in the necessary funds to do, but then some things (bugs) make it through in an effort to try to balance the need for funds, and customer satisfaction. If the consoles had more flexible rules as the mobiles and steam do, this wouldn't have been such an issue. They can patch and improve things at will for the most part on those versions, but are not allowed to do so on the consoles. Just like Sony mentioned with the PS4 development that they talked with developers because the huge complaint about the PS3 has always been how difficult it was to design and create games on that system as compared to the other platforms or systems they developed games on. So Sony wanted the PS4 to be as developer friendly as possible and seem to want to work a lot better with indie developers than Sony had been in the past. Without truly being behind the scenes, we can always speculate, but with the little tidbits here and there that we get, right or wrong, that is how I view things. In any matter, I can't wait to get my PS3 repaired so I can play the next 4 tables as soon as I can. I'm hoping to have it fixed in the next couple of weeks.

i agree, FS are dealing with a lot, but im sure sony's submitting procedures havent prevented anyone from fixing bugs/broken tables (games, for that matter) for as long as FS have not with the vita (half of '12, all of'13, now its 2014 and season1 tables are still bad). im laid back, and this isnt bothering me so much bc i have no control over it and my love for pinball and what FS are doing deff makes me understand a lot more. but like anything else in the real world, if i pay you my hard earned money and the product doesnt work/work properly, im getting my money back or we're going to have a big problem. but with FS it's different and i Do treat them differently and have more patients. i just cant play a buggy game knowing that i paied the same ammount of money as everyone else and they are getting a much better experience and treatment than i for the last almost two years. plus the simple fact that it is a buggy mess. but i'll deff wait for the patch. trust me i have a lot of things that effect my life directly, but little things like this dont make it any better, you know?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
i agree, FS are dealing with a lot, but im sure sony's submitting procedures havent prevented anyone from fixing bugs/broken tables (games, for that matter) for as long as FS have not with the vita (half of '12, all of'13, now its 2014 and season1 tables are still bad). im laid back, and this isnt bothering me so much bc i have no control over it and my love for pinball and what FS are doing deff makes me understand a lot more. but like anything else in the real world, if i pay you my hard earned money and the product doesnt work/work properly, im getting my money back or we're going to have a big problem. but with FS it's different and i Do treat them differently and have more patients. i just cant play a buggy game knowing that i paied the same ammount of money as everyone else and they are getting a much better experience and treatment than i for the last almost two years. plus the simple fact that it is a buggy mess. but i'll deff wait for the patch. trust me i have a lot of things that effect my life directly, but little things like this dont make it any better, you know?

Actually Sony's submission policies HAVE prevented tables from being fixed. Namely the policy that Sony has against patching DLC. I don't know first hand but I'm guessing that the mega patch coming out for the PS3 will have to roll the DLC into the title game since that is the only thing FarSight is allowed to patch.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Don't know if the PSN store has completed the update yet, but I'd be utterly disappointed if nothing shows up... again.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
if they had to fix a bug dont they have to re-submit for approval all over again and go to the back of the line?

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Very disappointed it's not coming today, but the announcement of Resident Evil 4 coming to PC (Steam) that's NOT a port of the horrid PC version years ago has cheered me up considerably.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
if they had to fix a bug dont they have to re-submit for approval all over again and go to the back of the line?

I think if it was just one simple issue Sony will let them fix it then Sony would only have to check that one issue. I think even Sony can be reasonable sometimes but one week turn around might still be a bit too quick to hope for.

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
Just looked on Playstationblog to see what is in the PS Store this week.

No 19 and 20. Season Four will start before we get these tables.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Just looked on Playstationblog to see what is in the PS Store this week.

No 19 and 20. Season Four will start before we get these tables.

The Playstation blog usually doesn't list DLC. But I agree, it looks like it isn't coming

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
The Playstation blog usually doesn't list DLC. But I agree, it looks like it isn't coming

hmm, you sure about that? Looking at that blog, It always shows whats new for the store that week. Ive always seen TPA listed in the blog for which ever pack was available at that time.

A real pisser its another week gone by and still no new tables for ps3.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's like a watched pot never boils. We need to quit checking for the release or it will never drop! :D

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
hmm, you sure about that? Looking at that blog, It always shows whats new for the store that week. Ive always seen TPA listed in the blog for which ever pack was available at that time.

A real pisser its another week gone by and still no new tables for ps3.

Never mind. I thought you were talking about The Drop thing. Ignore that.

Its a NEW RECORD! longest timeframe between pack releases....:p

Actually, no it isn't. Table Pack 5 was released 11/6/12 (table pack 6 was released before 5) and Twilight Zone was released 2/5/13. That is 13 weeks. It has only been 12 weeks since Table Pack 18 was released on 10/29/13. So, if it doesn't come out next week, it will be the longest.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
It's like a watched pot never boils. We need to quit checking for the release or it will never drop! :D

You have a point there. For the PS3, we'll have to settle for "Schrodinger's Tables", they are in a quantum state so they both exist and do not exist at the same time, until one of us observes these tables. If we can all agree not to try and observe, we can console ourselves (pun not intended) with the idea that the Schrodinger's Tables are at least there theoretically in 50% of cases.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
You have a point there. For the PS3, we'll have to settle for "Schrodinger's Tables", they are in a quantum state so they both exist and do not exist at the same time, until one of us observes these tables. If we can all agree not to try and observe, we can console ourselves (pun not intended) with the idea that the Schrodinger's Tables are at least there theoretically in 50% of cases.
that was pretty good.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I can see it now when pack 20 comes out people will be like, " I waited 3 months for this crap?" Personally I think 20 has to be the worst pack ever. One of those one shot only tables in CBW and a bundle of awfulness in El Dorado City of Gold. Pack 19 is all I care about. Those two tables are actually fun to play. But CBWs soundtrack is pretty good.

At least Season 3 will be very much worth the wait from the free versions I played of FT and BR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts