Something Bobby mentioned in the most recent Blahcade

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
And hopefully the Williams license can be renewed. Is the license only for a certain number of tables?

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If there is no TSPP that would be pretty much the end of the world for me.:p
Seriously it has to be the next kickstarter table!

Hang in there pm. There used to be one at a bar within walking distance from my place. Imagine my surprise when I came in there and there was no table at all. This has happened a few times. The other was World Cup Soccer. But anyways I sucked at it when I was at the bar, but when I came across it again at a pinball museum, I was killing it. Either way, that right there made it so that I want it badly. Your dang prof pic is Simpsons, so you probably want it more than I do! Where in the world do I find this real table now? In fact, I made a trip to the movie theater because they had an Avatar (still feeds my pinball adiction). Well it wasn't there. There wasn't even a replacement. Avatar is not that bad. I'd've taken Goin nuts at that point. But there wasn't even a replacement. I *****ed to some employees about it.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Hang in there pm. There used to be one at a bar within walking distance from my place. Imagine my surprise when I came in there and there was no table at all. This has happened a few times. The other was World Cup Soccer. But anyways I sucked at it when I was at the bar, but when I came across it again at a pinball museum, I was killing it. Either way, that right there made it so that I want it badly. Your dang prof pic is Simpsons, so you probably want it more than I do! Where in the world do I find this real table now? In fact, I made a trip to the movie theater because they had an Avatar (still feeds my pinball adiction). Well it wasn't there. There wasn't even a replacement. Avatar is not that bad. I'd've taken Goin nuts at that point. But there wasn't even a replacement. I *****ed to some employees about it.

It doesn't look like the heroin has kicked in yet.

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013

Oddly enough, I have a bar within walking distance that has your TSPP and World Cup Soccer (and ToM). I think they're all on 5-ball play too, which you might not like. The times I've been there though it's been too loud to enjoy the machines.

invitro

May 4, 2012
From another thread...

Hmmm, I had put Flintstones in with WB since they own the cartoon, but Universal did it as the movie.
The pinball machine is definitely based on the movie. But Warners definitely owns the cartoon. I'll put this table in both.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
From another thread...

The pinball machine is definitely based on the movie. But Warners definitely owns the cartoon. I'll put this table in both.

Godzilla should be in with two studies as well. Sony owns the rights to the 1998 movie that the table is based on, but Toho Co. Ltd owns the rights to the Godzilla name and franchise.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just got the chance to play Dirty Harry today, previously had only played it in VP. Made me sad with this info. I personally think the Warner Bros list has way more tables to my liking than the Fox list, especially with me being luke warm toward TSPP. I will say that while we may not get Family Guy, we could get the exact same table layout with Shrek as that is DreamWorks. Small consolation. Certainly brings into focus what future table guesses will be though, yeah? And who knows, FarSight might pull off some big surprise for us all yet, whether it be securing a license arrangement with those two studios, finally getting a modern Stern table working, or going for Capcom builds instead. Plus there's all those non licensed tables yet to be made. I know it's fun to yearn for the big ticket items, but there's still a lot of quality pinball choices that actually play better than the big licenses.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Amen to that. Still would like to see both LOTR and TSPP and IJ '93 offcourse. The comment about Kickstarters making Farsight look bad came not from Farsight itself, I distinctly remember the discussion somewhere in a thread and it came from one of us. The reasoning being that Farsight should have made enough money by now to finance licenses themselves and Kickstarters would make people think they were being fleeced. Point was that nobody has real insight in their financial position and market model to make claims pro/contra that statement. I just think (and hope) that Farsight keeps making tables as long as they are profitable and as long as they can acquire the real life machines. I also think that they could choose to deliberately lose some money on a big license machine if that would mean attracting more customers who also will buy profitable tables. But that's also because I marvel at the restraint of people who only buy 1 or 2 tables from a season :)

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I just got the chance to play Dirty Harry today, previously had only played it in VP. Made me sad with this info. I personally think the Warner Bros list has way more tables to my liking than the Fox list, especially with me being luke warm toward TSPP. I will say that while we may not get Family Guy, we could get the exact same table layout with Shrek as that is DreamWorks. Small consolation. Certainly brings into focus what future table guesses will be though, yeah? And who knows, FarSight might pull off some big surprise for us all yet, whether it be securing a license arrangement with those two studios, finally getting a modern Stern table working, or going for Capcom builds instead. Plus there's all those non licensed tables yet to be made. I know it's fun to yearn for the big ticket items, but there's still a lot of quality pinball choices that actually play better than the big licenses.

I think most fans are hoping Farsight still has some surprises up their sleeve. That's part of the fun.

Shrek would be a great table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think most fans are hoping Farsight still has some surprises up their sleeve. That's part of the fun.

Shrek would be a great table.

I imagine they do. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing them starting to reskin/retheme tables that will be impossible to get. Honestly, as much as many people thought the Ghostbusters was not that great of a table, it showed they were able to do it, implement a theme pretty well and improve on a design (Adding multiball and having some additional goals (beat Gozer). There are definitely some tables that will never come to be but have excellent playfield designs. I would rather see them in some form than never at all.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Since Family Guy is on the dreaded "list" (thanks a lot invitro! :p ) it seems like Shrek would be more attainable. Though I would assume it would still require a Kickstarter?

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Awful shade of green but hey beggars can't be choosers. I'd take it. :)

shrek_pinball_11.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
Since Family Guy is on the dreaded "list" (thanks a lot invitro! :p ) it seems like Shrek would be more attainable. Though I would assume it would still require a Kickstarter?
Due to the theme, I think it'd require hell to freeze over. :) It's #106 on IPDB, that's pretty high for a Stern. That's a pretty ugly playfield, but there are worse. The PF looks very interesting to me, though. (I don't know anything about either this or Family Guy.)

I don't know which SAM Sterns look more likely. Wheel of Fortune or World Poker Tour? Big Buck Hunter Pro has very poor ratings... it's not in the IPDB top 300. (I don't know if that rating is valid... I'd think that hipsters and probably Europeans would despise that theme.)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts