Bug Starship Troopers crashes upon plunging

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
I think the problem is only present with the iPad mini w/retina display as it works on my sons iPad mini and my iPhone 5.

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
Just noticed all of my tables are stuck in the 1st camera view, not just SST. This is BS, now I can't play any tables until they get this updated. Plus all of my hall of fame points are gone too.

Last edited:

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Back up your data
Delete the app, re-download
Restore purchases, restore saved data
Re-download tables through the main menu, not the "download purchased tables" in the settings.
I did notice PBA crashed after downloading EAPM and PZ. My HOF points reset to 0, just restored my saved data again.
A lot of work on two devices (iPad Air & iPhone 6+), but it appears to be working great now.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Trying to figure this one out. Haven't seen it on any devices I have here.

What is the Model # on the back of your retina?
And have you tried re-installing the app?

Model A1474 iPad retina running 7.0.4 - and yikes it is all of my tables not just ST.

Noticed when I first bought the table on the retina it gave me download bar but did not list the ST title - when I "re-bought" the table on the iPad 2 (7.0.4) and iPhone 5s(8.1.1) it showed the game title along with DL progress bar and those worked fine.

Not excited about doing the re-install but I'll give it a shot...

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
WTF???? Not only does starship troopers stay on the most far away camera angle on my iPad Air retina and crashed at the end of every game but all the other tables are wither stuck on the upper left hand view 2 on iPad and 7.1.1 on iPhone 5am. I also lost all my HOF points although it looks like my goals are still checked off. When I get a goal on starship that doesn't register either. Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Essentially I can't play TPA untopil they get around to releasing a fix

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
What you might need to try is going into the Pause Menu and toggling the Cam Type between scrolling and locked.

Doesn't work. Also, please read my precious post. Thank God I have my data from my iPad backed up but not my iPhone which isn't a huge tragedy.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Back up your data
Delete the app, re-download
Restore purchases, restore saved data
Re-download tables through the main menu, not the "download purchased tables" in the settings.
I did notice PBA crashed after downloading EAPM and PZ. My HOF points reset to 0, just restored my saved data again.
A lot of work on two devices (iPad Air & iPhone 6+), but it appears to be working great now.

It actually worked for me so far on my iPad mini retina. Thank you. I forget how to restore my saved data. ONKY bummer is I just killed off two of my hardest to hit goals in genie and didn't save them but had manually backed it up last week so I'm pretty current. Will let everyone knows if it works on my iPhone 5s. Thank God I can play TPA again

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Do you mean all those odd symbols and A a few very small numbers?

It says model - mine was a1474 - almost had to bust out a magnifying glass...

Waiting a bit for def confirmation that reinstalling fixes everything - and would love a step by step best practice on how to do this. Local, remote, delete or keep data etc.

Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs.
-ace levy

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Ii deleted the apps from both my iPad and iPhone then re downloaded all tables. Now every table works including Star push-up troopers. I suggest everyone having problems try it. I wonder if the reason some people with identical devices have problems while others don't is because for example I use the paid app but a lot of people use the free app. That's really the only thing that makes sense. Perhaps those of you who started with the free ap aren't having problems like I do bc I have the paid version? Just speculation but it makes sense, spdoesnt it?

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
How can a company spend a month building a table,and then not run it on all iOS devices before charging $4.99 for it! TAF should be half price as a courtesy.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I have IPad 3, and all is well. The only problem I'm having is the Sound is terrible, crackly and very low quality, the real machine does not sound like this. I played the game in November and it was very loud, the sound, music, and voices are Awesome, so I hope they fix this ASAP please Farsight, I'll love Ya forever.

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
This is BS at the end of every game on any table the game crashes and resets plus you don't get credit for any of the table goals you completed on the previous game. I am not going to delete and reinstall, this should all be worked out before they release the update. WEAK!!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Back in business - and thanks to everybody for their help and advice - recap - after update and DL of paid version of ST - ALL of my tables crashed who you plunged the first ball. Not sure if the sure if the bug was caused by the update or the purchase process of the ST table. Deleting app and reinstalling does fix this and the only thing lost was my HOF points - they were actually wiped out because of the bug and before I backed up data - not sure if they would have resurrected if I had done a backup prior to all this.

Anyway back to playing and ST is a really fun table - definitely keep me busy til AF

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.