Starship Troopers Thread

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I liked what I saw on Twitch for this game. Can not wait to play it tomorrow

Agreed. From what I could tell from the stream it looked like they did a very good job with the table. Even the little lighting effects were pretty nice.

Only two things I noticed were during multiplay it looked like the game got a little slow. And if they didn't plunge all the way the ball drained down the right outlane - is that how it is on the actual table? I've played the actual table a few times but don't recall that happening.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
10 per year would probably be a better model. About 5 weeks per table seems more doable.

I reckon when the table options start drying up, we'll start to see less frequent releases. Maybe every two months or something. Like when they dropped from two to one tables per pack.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Farsight needs to double-check this one before release. We all know it's gonna come with plenty of bugs in it. :D

Also, is this table coming today?

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Sorry about that pun, I just couldn't resist.

I'm just glad we're finally getting the table today. They used to come earlier, didn't they?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm just glad we're finally getting the table today. They used to come earlier, didn't they?

We were getting tables the 1st or 2nd Friday of the month.
Sometime last year, that slipped a week - I think when Apple started taking longer to approve releases - and tables started coming the 2nd or 3rd Friday.
Now it seems with Christmas and New Year taking a chunk of time out of their schedule, it's slipped another week to the 3rd or 4th Friday.
Also it appears that work on TAF has been a priority, and has probably contributed to some of the slippage.

So... expect to see TAF "on time" next month, with "on time" still being the 3rd or 4th Friday (I'm going to boldly predict TAF will be available on Feb 20!)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
You forget. FS still have ta pay the bills 12 times a year.

Yeah, I know.... I should say, for the sake of table and overall game quality and QC, 10 tables a year.

I think they've mentioned looking in to doing original tables if the regular ones start drying up. Not sure if Ghostbusters changed their mind on that or not. Would still like to see original tables.

But what I think they should do is start working on a TPA 2 engine. Would enable them to drop the legacy support for older devices, update the UI and physics, add higher resolution graphics, release with a higher ESRB to allow for the mature tables. Then maybe add the ability to add mod support for the tables (e.g. Color DMD displays, toy mods, LED style lighting changes). And couple the release with the table construction set with Steam Workshop support.

Basically get everything right out of the box and could re-sell "enhanced" versions of the existing tables.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
We were getting tables the 1st or 2nd Friday of the month.
Sometime last year, that slipped a week - I think when Apple started taking longer to approve releases - and tables started coming the 2nd or 3rd Friday.
Now it seems with Christmas and New Year taking a chunk of time out of their schedule, it's slipped another week to the 3rd or 4th Friday.
Also it appears that work on TAF has been a priority, and has probably contributed to some of the slippage.

So... expect to see TAF "on time" next month, with "on time" still being the 3rd or 4th Friday (I'm going to boldly predict TAF will be available on Feb 20!)

Also don't forget they were at the pinball festival last weekend. I bet it would have been released otherwise. Or, maybe apple screwed them up too? Who knows.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So during the Twitchstream I noticed that the Match sequence had several Easter eggs. I noticed some things and Easter eggs in it:

- Sonic
- A woman (with boobs)
- Cow
- Horseshoe
- Heart

Others?

Also I think it's interesting that FarSight is allowed to use Sonic's likeness, I thought that little cameo would have to be deleted.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I have a question as I completely forgot to watch the stream yesterday. How did they set it up so that second, smaller flipper works on tablets and phones?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have a question as I completely forgot to watch the stream yesterday. How did they set it up so that second, smaller flipper works on tablets and phones?

Same as the Magna-Save button on BK/BK2K - there's an on-screen button that can be positioned somewhere on the right side of the screen. My advice: put it in the flipper zone, and not the nudge zone.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Same as the Magna-Save button on BK/BK2K - there's an on-screen button that can be positioned somewhere on the right side of the screen. My advice: put it in the flipper zone, and not the nudge zone.

My hair isn't yellow.., ;) seriously though thank you. So just that I understand we are able to move it wherever we want?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.