Starship Troopers Thread

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Sometimes if you let the left scoop kickout bounce, it'll bank around off the slingshots and back into the scoop. I've had it do this 10+ times, but you can't just leave it bouncing because it will stop doing it after a while. Also, dangerous to try even once because it can bounce in a nice high lazy arc and right into the left outlane.

Also, the right outlane is brutal. Because of how it's also part of the plunger lane, there's no escape from there.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Sometimes if you let the left scoop kickout bounce, it'll bank around off the slingshots and back into the scoop. I've had it do this 10+ times, but you can't just leave it bouncing because it will stop doing it after a while.

Confirmed that issue. I just had it happen and ended up getting Lieutenant status before the ball kicked out on a different trajectory. Not sure how many bounces total but it was quite a lot. Basically its behaving like the Scared Stiff kickout issue where the ball keeps going in to the rollover lanes above the crate.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The sound is out of whack, I'll give you that.

I'm also puzzling over that damned Recon Combo Standard Goal - I've done the Right/Left/Recon Scoop combo a few times, but never been awarded the actual Combo award. I know that Advance Planet overrides Recon, so it won't register if Advance Planet is lit, but otherwise, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
The ball save is generous, but Ive seriously had the damn game launch the ball, drain, and relaunch three times in a row without me ever 'touching' the ball.

That right ramp seems really inconsistent too.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Oh lighten up. The pop bumpers arent nearly as bad as TZ. For gods sakes, they're at the top and barely ever end in a drain.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
to credit for recon combo, you must light a recon level and then shoot the scoop immediately after.

it's not actually right ramp left ramp scoop.it's raise recon level then shoot the scoop off the ramp feed that did it.

Working as designed.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Diggin the pick your high score face feature (playing on my old iPad 2 that didn't break with the update) -but noticed that it doesn't remember which face I picked when it shows the high scores on the dmd inbetween games.

Really fun game - getting even better as I am figuring out what to do. Great job farsight.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Okay so this issue is only happening on iphone 6 plus, on ipad and ipod its fine,

im screwed here cause this issue happens on ALL tables on 6+

This is my view when playing Blacknight,

6e9a250d3553c97017be14b88972f30e.jpg

Can somebody tell me the best way to notify Farsight about this issue, this should be fixed asap.

Delete everything then re-download app Nd tables. It worked for me. I wS having the same problem as you on every table except ST and that was stuck on camera angle 3 I believe. Couldn't see crap and it didn't save any goals or high scores. Now all is fine. I wonder if the reason some people didn't have problems was because they were using the free app. I was using the paid app. It's really the only reason I can think of as to why some had problems and some didn't on the exact same devices w the save operating system. Just a thought...

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I was thinkin the exact same thing. Sounds like a dusty vinyl record. Especially since I've got it going through my jam box. Also the various sounds have different volumes, more than any other table. The siren noise when starting multiball seems way too loud. The lights are awesome though. And the gameplay is gonna be great once I get better at the extra flipper.

No problem Flipper bump. It still never should've switched in the first place. I had the locked camera and wasnt going to be conquered, so just started flipping switches lol

Edit: nvm about the sound difference. Just my ears playing tricks on me because of the jam box

You can trick the computer by shooting the ball then hitting the button for the little flipper and holding until the ball hits intended target btw

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Delete everything then re-download app Nd tables. It worked for me. I wS having the same problem as you on every table except ST and that was stuck on camera angle 3 I believe. Couldn't see crap and it didn't save any goals or high scores. Now all is fine. I wonder if the reason some people didn't have problems was because they were using the free app. I was using the paid app. It's really the only reason I can think of as to why some had problems and some didn't on the exact same devices w the save operating system. Just a thought...

Thanks for advice Reagan, i got a tip to lock the scrolling option and that solved the problem

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I noticed the table card reads "super super value 3 plays for a $1.00" and below that it looks like the last owner of the ST machine that farsight acquired set the machine to 5 balls per game. Definitely a nod to the end of that era of pinball and pretty amazing that you could get an afternoon of entertainment for a buck once you got a handle on this machine.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
didn't like this one much IRL. Now I'll give it a propper chance, but audio is terrible. Have to say that I'm missing that mystery rider while playing this one.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
i'm rubbish at this so far, my best score (of about 20 goes) is 105M for 21 points. i'm still trying to get used to what the idea is, i didn't go through all the rules yet but i think basically shoot the coloured standups to get the numbers to zero and move to the next planet. i don't understand about locking balls yet, or multiballs (is one MB started by lots of orbits, and the other by repeatedly hitting that orange thing left of centre?)

what about you lot? how on earth do you use the mini flipper button properly (i use ipad, it doesn't feel very natural) and where do you position it?
what strategy do you recommend?

it seems this is the only thread so far as they didn't make a forum for the game yet, so plonk those tips in here fellas.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts