Stern metallica pinball

karl

May 10, 2012
To me, Metallica is a hell of a lot more exciting than x-men, avengers and Transformers as a theme, but a pinball machines is so more than just the theme. John Borg has a few good designs but he is far from my favorite.(a bit surprised Steve Ritchie did not do this. He must have been to busy with Star Trek)
Just hoping he will do the fast pumping music justice. It is promising that Lyman Sheats is doing the programing

Never tried ac-dc but judging from the papa videos it looks pretty good in my eyes

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
So far, best Stern pin I've played is Simpsons. AC DC is nice, but, at least to me, not as good as Simpsons.

I've played way more TSPP than AC/DC, so hard for me to judge one over the other, but agreed, TSPP is really a great game.

AC/DC is the only Stern pin to come out in the last 6 years or so that I've really enjoyed. Transformers was OK, but didn't really speak to me. I've not played Iron Man, but have heard really good things. In general though, the 2007-2013 run hasn't been nearly as enjoyable as the first half of the 2000s. So many great games (TSPP, LOTR, RBION, Spiderman, Family Guy) and even a few less-loved ones that I'd still put ahead of most everything since (Sopranos, POTC, WPT.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ya know what, it makes me extremely happy to see that it at least won't be another Stern photoshop table. Dig the cartoon style design, glad there is actually color on the table.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Only thing I like so far is that they're actually making their own toys and not just taking them from lines already sold!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only thing I like so far is that they're actually making their own toys and not just taking them from lines already sold!

Bunch of photos of all versions and a breakdown of the differences between the models.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pics-metallica

The bright colors and art remind me of Tales From The Crypt Data East days. I'm not complaining. Just saying. Anything is better than stock photos like most of Stern's Pins.

Exactly! What happened over at Stern that made them finally take their head out their ass? I mean, this is looking like nostalgia pinball!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Stern has realised the old faithful and the new converts are back enforce **** ****ty photorealstic ****e thats never pinball raven was sexy but a bad omen

Edit - since when did the filter learn hersay?

Edit2- ah 2 ****s and a ****

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
forum

The 'premium' is hideous compared to the 'pro' as far as the backglass is concerned.

forum

I also laugh at the price difference between the pro and LE version considering what is missing. 5 grand for the pro, but no hammer (bummer) and no LED (meh). You want those? Gonna cost you 2 grand more! Oh, that also buys you an animated snake head (oooohhhhh) and some lasercut speaker grills.

All I can say is, for once it seems the Pro crowd isn't getting ripped off on actual game mode / table features.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
What worked imce is brand new to this gen, show them photorealstic ****e they will balk , show them mad cartoons with a rube pgolberg machine they will out live us all:)

They may take our pinball! BUT they will never take our taste!

N

netizen

It looks like the "Pro" is marketed to be the Home machine, the Premium is the Home/lower cost operator machine and the LE is the collector/tourney or highend operator machine.

here's a side by side of the three versions i shopped together
MSRP:
Pro Version: $4,995
Premium Version: $6,995
Limited Edition Master of Puppets Version: $7,595

and here's a list of the features each one has:
Metallica_Features.png

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I cant stand the multiple version of the same game, you finally find 1 and your like sweet then you see its not the best version awwww that sucks.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I cant stand the multiple version of the same game, you finally find 1 and your like sweet then you see its not the best version awwww that sucks.
+100

IKR, you gotcher LE, Deluxe, LE Deluxe Premium, Pro, Ultra, SE, Ultra Premium Pro LE Deluxe.....JUST STOP!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts