STERN Pinball Arcade is now live on PSN (for the PS4)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Thanks for all your answers Flippy

Releases for SPA still won't be as slow as the PS3 :p

Upgrading soon to the PS4 pro, which means FS will see more of my money.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
FlippyFloppy ,I asked,when will Europe see SPA,1st part ,middle or end of the year of 2017 ?not hard .:cool:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
What was your question?.

Hi Flippy. My question was is there going to be an update to bring more SPA trophies to the PS4 for the paid DLC tables in order to match the 4 achievements per table on the XBOX 1? And if so, could they all be bronze so you can have plenty of room for trophies for future tables. Thanks and have a great holiday season.

karl

May 10, 2012
Regarding the delay for Europe: I remember that there was some delays when TPA was released also, on consoles over here.

If I remember correctly, their European distributor (was it Team 3?) wanted it to be available on disc for awhile before Farsight could release it digitally, and the European disc version was delayed, causing an even bigger delay on digital. I might be way off here but that is how I remember it. Could be the same story all over.

Kaworu: I am guessing you do not know who Flippy Floppy is? :)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
FlippyFloppy ,I asked,when will Europe see SPA,1st part ,middle or end of the year of 2017 ?not hard .:cool:

We don't have a date for release in Europe yet but it is in development.

Hi Flippy. My question was is there going to be an update to bring more SPA trophies to the PS4 for the paid DLC tables in order to match the 4 achievements per table on the XBOX 1? And if so, could they all be bronze so you can have plenty of room for trophies for future tables. Thanks and have a great holiday season.

There were some complications with adding the trophies but we do intend to add more in the future. It hasn't been determined what value the trophies will set at.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Regarding the delay for Europe: I remember that there was some delays when TPA was released also, on consoles over here.

If I remember correctly, their European distributor (was it Team 3?) wanted it to be available on disc for awhile before Farsight could release it digitally, and the European disc version was delayed, causing an even bigger delay on digital. I might be way off here but that is how I remember it. Could be the same story all over.

Kaworu: I am guessing you do not know who Flippy Floppy is? :)
karl,if I can remember,USAgot it in april and we got it about august !!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I will never ask another question,2 platforms in the USA and none in the rest of the world,so this is what Trump meant USA first ?thank you . Zen and Zaccarria leave you for dead in communication.:confused:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
There were some complications with adding the trophies but we do intend to add more in the future. It hasn't been determined what value the trophies will set at.

Thank you very much for the quick response Flippy. Zen's been using only bronze for the last couple of years in order to milk as many trophies (124 so far) as they can out of Sony's convoluted trophy limit.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
why are trophies such an important part of peoples lives? is it like a pissing contest or something? is it because you/we are male?

is it an arbituatry scale that you can measure. is it cuz you/we/me like to collect things?
when is enuf trophies... do you play a game, just for a lil flash in the corner, with a chime, that says you did something?

im not talking ****... I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Outside of extra goals when ya really enjoy a game/table its all abit silly really but some people gotta catch em all!

At best i see it as the challenge of completeing mario on 1 life or never getting hit in a fighting game(done both:p)

but the "got trophies why would i play this anymore" is silly
why are trophies such an important part of peoples lives? is it like a pissing contest or something? is it because you/we are male?

is it an arbituatry scale that you can measure. is it cuz you/we/me like to collect things?
when is enuf trophies... do you play a game, just for a lil flash in the corner, with a chime, that says you did something?

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014

No problem. I view trophies as collectibles, such as trading cards or comics, but they're digital and have no monetary value. As with any collectible, it's a personal preference. I get why people don't bother with them, but there must be enough that do since every video game platform available generally seems to have an achievement system of some sort. Me personally, I don't play a game specifically for trophies, and I don't try to attain every trophy in every game I play. However, I do like getting all the trophies for the games I really enjoy, if attainable (if the trophies are beyond my skill level or too time consuming due to grinding, I'll pass). But for most of the times, it's extra icing on a cake for a game I'm enjoying. An extra little challenge or objective to keep me playing that game while other games in my library are waiting to be played. I kept going back on and off to The Pinball Hall of Fame:The Williams Collection on the PS3 for 2 years trying to unlock the gold Williams Challenge trophy. I did it because I enjoyed that game and I wanted to beat that challenge, even though I kept choking on Medieval Madness, the 2nd to last table. And I have the visual representation of finally accomplishing that goal. Stupid, probably. But it was fun and memorable.
For games like SPA and TPA that don't have working Friends Leaderboards (3 years running on TPA), trophies can be a visual representation on checking your progress against friends when trying to beat table goals, when the trophies are done correctly.
I'm sorry if I'm a little incoherent in my trophy explanation, I'm exhausted. But long story short, a lot of times that little extra incentive brings me a little more enjoyment out of a game I'm already having fun with anyways.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Well put, thefly0810. Trophies keep the motivation going and it's something to be proud of as a player. If you love a game and invest a lot of time, trophies are the icing on the cake.

Personally I haven't bothered with some of the wizard goals (on the PS3) because there are no trophies attached to them anymore.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I have a couple of more questions. Along with friends leaderboards, will there eventually be console specific leaderboards, such as PS4 or Xbox one only for SPA and TPA? Also, there's a bug where there's the almost constant sound of the ball rolling around even when it isn't. It's most noticeable at the end of a game of AC/DC and Star Trek. I dunno 'bout Mustang. Thanks and have a great day.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
XBOXLiVE is a closed off service so I doubt XB1 will ever share score tables with other platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts