Stern Pinball Arcade live on Steam

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
So the update tonight fixed a few big issues, but PORTRAIT view definitely still needs some work for the new tables ... at least for Mustang. I'm assuming AC\DC and Star Trek views for portrait mode are not correct yet either. Menu in portrait is cut off too on the edges.

Last edited:

jda824

Jun 13, 2013
Ben can you please provide the link for the VP all in one installer? Also does it work with a standard pc for those that do not have a Cab? Thank you

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
So the update tonight fixed a few big issues, but PORTRAIT view definitely still needs some work for the new tables ... at least for Mustang. I'm assuming AC\DC and Star Trek views for portrait mode are not correct yet either. Menu in portrait is cut off too on the edges.

Yep, same here, but you can use keyboard, however no bumping on any keys on the right side of the keyboard, just "A". Also, Mustang only shows 2/3d of the table if you play on portrait.

Its still crap. Do they have any sense of pride at FS?

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
List of obvious glaring issues, and sure some of the are repeats:
- Portrait mode just doesn't plain work, period.
- Running in full screen is a blurry mess.
- Have to run in windowed mode, which is shrunken and impossible to read.
- Full navigation of the main menu isn't possible - can't select "Exit Game" using a controller for example.
- Highlights in the main menu are very difficult to make out, at least they are for me - need high-contrast highlighting, please.
- Table camera views are pulled way to far back, coupled with the need to view in the aforementioned tiny-view window means it's nearly impossible to see any detail on the tables.

It's really not fair to even attempt to describe game play on any tables because it's difficult to play.

This product needs to be pulled back and worked on for at least a couple of months more before it's ready. Or at the very least slap the regular Pinball Arcade UI over the top and fix the cameras, it works better than this pile of junk.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Well, at least I was able to buy the tables now.

Star Trek:

1) Others have mentioned Star Trek crashing. I played it 5 or so times and did not have any issues with it crashing.
2) On the XBONE version, I can save up Vengeance shots and fire them off during multiball (Sorry, I don't know the correct verbiage). I can't seem to figure out how to do it on Steam, though.

AC/DC - Can anybody do the Super Skill Shot? I hold down the flipper and full launch but it never comes around.

Mustang - Didn't notice any glaring issues, got through the beginner goals easily.

Still has the video stretch bug (1920x1080 Landscape) - I have to do Alt-Enter twice to get it to fit the screen properly (Have to do this each time i run SPA).

I play with a PowerA Fusion wired controller: No lag at all, have the triggers set to half-cocked mode. I can enter initials, but not with the triggers or bumpers, but the D-Pad (weird, but i can live with it).

The menu is AWFUL, The XBONE menu is a ton better.

I am not particularly picky and don't play in Portrait mode so this is good enough for me. I love Pinball however I can get it and I can live with some of the short-comings. I am totally ready for Ghostbusters and hope Metallica and Tron come out eventually.

Hopefully the botched launch doesn't strain the relationship with Stern because I really want to see several of the modern pins made digitally.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
On the XBONE version, I can save up Vengeance shots and fire them off during multiball (Sorry, I don't know the correct verbiage). I can't seem to figure out how to do it on Steam, though.

AC/DC - Can anybody do the Super Skill Shot? I hold down the flipper and full launch but it never comes around.

Mustang - Didn't notice any glaring issues, got through the beginner goals easily.

I use ps3 controller and can shoot vengeance shots with the regular launch button (X).

I cannot do the skill shot on ac/dc either. The ball won't come around the loop even att full plunge, or any other plunge. Actually Mustang has pretty much the same problem, but soooometimes the ball actually can make it around the loop but it's definitely bugged. However it is possible to short plunge instead, while holding left flipper, to get a shot a super skill shot (shoot the A in gears when it lights up). Short plunging while holding right flipper doesn't seem to activate skill shot on ac/dc though.

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Are you guys doing the AC/DC skill shot correctly? It's not like MM or AFM. You have to hold the right flipper after the plunge when it goes into the jukebox and then it's kicked out back down to the right flipper. It doesn't always work, sometimes it kicks it too hard against the wall and it goes into the roll-over lanes. But I do it regularly and it does work.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Are you guys doing the AC/DC skill shot correctly? It's not like MM or AFM. You have to hold the right flipper after the plunge when it goes into the jukebox and then it's kicked out back down to the right flipper. It doesn't always work, sometimes it kicks it too hard against the wall and it goes into the roll-over lanes. But I do it regularly and it does work.

Huh....Not sure where I thought it went around. This time I held down the flipper down during the launch, it kicked out of the jukebox and down the ramp, bounced off the flipper to the other side and then shot it back up and got the goal. Damned if I can score an extra ball, though.

I swear I was playing it once where it went around, VP maybe? Who knows!

Getting old sucks.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The Super Skill Shot was literally the first thing I did in my first game on AC/DC.

Getting the EB took longer, I actually had to read the instructions to figure it out. Still not convinced that the target bank EB is working like it should, but the combos one works just fine.

One thing I did notice, I got credited with Wizard Goals I'd already completed while working towards the Standard Goals. Nice touch. I got the Song Jackpot up to >75M but couldn't collect it (stuck in For Those About To Rock, which is great for building the Song jackpot, but terrible for lighting the cannon to get it because every ramp shot feeds to the cannon for the FTAtR mode, instead of the inlanes to light FIRE). Seems I collected a 68M Song Jackpot in one game. Oh, and shoot the Bell, lots. 3x scoring (does that stack with 3x Jackpots if you stack all 3 multiballs?)

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Getting the EB took longer, I actually had to read the instructions to figure it out. Still not convinced that the target bank EB is working like it should, but the combos one works just fine.

It makes me wonder about the drop target EB, I spent a few games pounding on them and did not trigger the EB. I can't seem to hit enough combos to trigger EB so I guess I better keep trying.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Yeah you're right I think I was using an old ROM version as reference.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Great job Farsight! 2,5 month later, still no major improvements. Still unplayable for a lot of people. Oculus Rift version will be released in fall, which year again? Sorry friends, you lost a loyal costumer. Found a even better solution meanwhile.

Heretic my friend, give it to me now!

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I tried to download this last night just to sample it in portrait mode on my new VPcabs "Vertigo" machine.
Bottom line: For some reason it wouldn't load any of the free launch tables in portrait mode. I did get the main menu working in full screen portrait mode; just not any of the tables.

Has this still not been fixed??

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Did you consult a doctor regarding your Tourette syndrome? He maybe got some pills for you. Wish you luck poor boy.

Members online

Members online