Stern Pinball Arcade live on Steam

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I can select 1920x1080 without problems both in TPA DX11 and STPA launch config. No kicking back afaik.

I don't know about the login, I couldn't do it the first time but seems another attempt worked, I used the same email and password as in my TPA account.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Camera views are too low:
67E3E82BD2983B81740960AB6095DE1F013F851B

4444DF030986BA344E02C40909439171862E3571

A2B769528800E4CC159034656BA6B6968122D63F

417A01A39EBF611C1C9215808C94403C4E649E52

Just tried other tables in SPA and the view cams work fine. I just have that issue with Mustang.

Also tried to play AC/DC and Star Trek, but got diverted to a Steam page, and there were no links to purchase packs or bundles. Anyone else not able to buy dlc?

node

Oct 31, 2015
Releasing this just before Christmas, when your entire development team goes away, was a terrible idea. I've been looking forward to this for so long - first they put it on only the Gear VR platform (which is a fraction of their market), then when it finally comes to other platforms that people actually own they mess up the release badly, especially on Steam. Such a shame, hopefully they'll fix it soon rather than months from now.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
It's a real shame they rushed this out, because I'm certain they'll fix this for all of us soon, but a new version won't wipe the awful reviews on the shop.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's a real shame they rushed this out, because I'm certain they'll fix this for all of us soon, but a new version won't wipe the awful reviews on the shop.

FarSight never fixes anything "soon". Not only did they mess this one up, but they also felt the need to mess up Gladiators and DW: Masters of Time for TPA as well. It took them nearly a month to fix one, just one, of the wizard goals in Bone Busters. And don't get me started on TZ.

Stern Pinball simply won't last, and Stern really does need to put a stop to this. They shouldn't allow FarSight to cheapen its' brand like this.

R

Rhandos

I am ready to buy all licensed tables in SPA, but not at this state. This either needs to get fixed in the next 1-2 days or pulled ASAP until it works as intended. Whoever greenlighted this version to go live needs to get fired.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Well, I couldn't play in potrait mode with my rez but I am looking forward playing some modern games as well as eighties stuff in TPA.

Xbox got a 4.5 out of 5 review. Funny, thought Xbox was pretty close to PC with Dx and all... Anywho, here is the review for the X-box that would make you think the PC version should really be even better, why it is not is kinda of a mystery http://wwg.com/2016/12/13/stern-pinball-arcade-xbox-one-review-worth-flipping-out-over/

The did talk about a new physics update for the SPA and I am hoping that ballspinn is in the works. Had a friend over at X-mas and the first thing he noticed was that there where no ballspinn in TPA - so it does show.

Wish they will do LoTR for SPA soon.

And fix everthing else too...

Last edited:

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
This is for me the lowest point FS has gone so far... I'm for sure not buying anything in SPA until a lot of thing are fixed!
But I still have some hope and are looking forward to play LoTR --IF-- it's released and looks/plays well...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
On a similar note wasn't the cab support promised for TPA by Farsight for so many years abandoned due to licencing issues with Stern? If so why can't cab support be supported in TPA and not in this disastrous Stern version (at least for non-Stern tables).

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
On a similar note wasn't the cab support promised for TPA by Farsight for so many years abandoned due to licencing issues with Stern? If so why can't cab support be supported in TPA and not in this disastrous Stern version (at least for non-Stern tables).

And there is the reason for a separate Stern App. TPA (through this Arcooda cabinet) now has limited official cab support, albeit in a specific package. And guess what, TPA won't be getting any more DE/Sega/Stern tables in it, and definitely not any modern Sterns. No, those now go into the new shiny Stern Pinball Arcade that has zero cabinet support because (see below) Ole Man Stern doesn't want to lose any physical sales.

Zappa

Nov 15, 2013
I signed in with my TPA password so I could look at the other machines. I found that with all of them, I was unable to get the plunger to work well, it barely put the ball up, and on one table, it was impossible to even get the ball up to the playfield.

The hits keep coming....oh, and random crashes to desktop as well.

Thanks Farsight! You have shown that you have absolutely no quality control.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I haven't been following TPA for a long time and didn't hear about this Arcooda cab, so will search around a bit. It starts making sense now though. I still think that any serious pinball sim should support cabs just like driving Sims support multi-screens and steering wheels (mostly used in cabs). Thanks goodness we have VP.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
VP just released a new version of their all in one installer. It's never been easier to get VP up and running. Community is super welcoming to and supportive of new members. Totally free, and proud of it!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.