Stern's next game...Wrestlemania

open6l

Aug 5, 2013
LE version will have a small LCD display over the mini ring on the playfield.

Edit: as already mentioned a few posts above... Doh :)

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Speaking of jersey jack, anyone know what they're doing next? (Might be a dumb question but oh well)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Speaking of jersey jack, anyone know what they're doing next? (Might be a dumb question but oh well)

Jersey Jack is launching Hobbit in a few months. Jack's probably happy that Wrestlemania is his "current" competition.

If the rumors are true and Steve Ritchie's Game of Thrones is the fall game, then Jack NEEDS to get Hobbit out....ASAP!

Third game from JJ is Pat Lawlor's original theme game. Rumors are it's a disaster theme like Earthshaker and Whirlwind. Remember...just rumors.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Jersey Jack is launching Hobbit in a few months. Jack's probably happy that Wrestlemania is his "current" competition.

If the rumors are true and Steve Ritchie's Game of Thrones is the fall game, then Jack NEEDS to get Hobbit out....ASAP!

Third game from JJ is Pat Lawlor's original theme game. Rumors are it's a disaster theme like Earthshaker and Whirlwind. Remember...just rumors.
Maybe it's the one he was supposed to do for Pro Pinball before the SOBs decided to take the kickstarter movie, make like the Iraqi army, and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game of Thrones is an awesome license, but the series hasn't finished yet. There won't be much of a Wizard Mode. TWD hasn't ended either, but it's prepared to run indefinitely (the showrunners said the graphic novels on which the series is based have enough material to make it a 12-plus season run right now, and those are still ongoing) rather than work towards some ultimate climax. GOT is about reaching a climax.
One table I'd like to see - they did CSI, now how about NCIS!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Maybe it's the one he was supposed to do for Pro Pinball before the SOBs decided to take the kickstarter movie, make like the Iraqi army, and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game of Thrones is an awesome license, but the series hasn't finished yet. There won't be much of a Wizard Mode. TWD hasn't ended either, but it's prepared to run indefinitely (the showrunners said the graphic novels on which the series is based have enough material to make it a 12-plus season run right now, and those are still ongoing) rather than work towards some ultimate climax. GOT is about reaching a climax.
One table I'd like to see - they did CSI, now how about NCIS!

The books aren't even finished, right? If they waited for then to make a pin, they'd have a long wait!

That said, pins based on incomplete series really bug me. PotC, Iron Man, Star Trek... it just takes a few years for these games to automatically outdate themselves. Base it on a single movie or wait for the series to complete, or at least to have enough content to make it obvious the series is unfinished. Props to JJ for waiting until The Hobbit was complete before releasing the pin.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The books aren't even finished, right? If they waited for then to make a pin, they'd have a long wait!

That said, pins based on incomplete series really bug me. PotC, Iron Man, Star Trek... it just takes a few years for these games to automatically outdate themselves. Base it on a single movie or wait for the series to complete, or at least to have enough content to make it obvious the series is unfinished. Props to JJ for waiting until The Hobbit was complete before releasing the pin.

Same. I would never have any interest in the Game of Thrones pin (if that's what it is) for exactly that reason. I'm not going to spend several thousand on something that will always be incomplete.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Supposedly Martin has already told the HBO writers how the story ends. If the show travels beyond the books, how f'd up will that be. But, money talks.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The new system is called SPIKE, which basically contains only one board within the backbox.

15.jpg
Not exactly "one board".

One main CPU board, many distributed microprocessor boards connected with either CAN or RJ-425 (speculation between the two standards at time of writing).

http://jaredmorgs.github.io/Stern-SPIKE/ for a blog summary of the 7 page PinSide thread (it was 7 pages when I started reading it.)

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I haven't watched this in years, but whatever happened to the Undertaker? He's nowhere to be seen in this table.
Did he completely disappear from existence after he lost in Wrestlemania?

BTW, I'd totally buy a Game of Thrones table. Since they've already done one an HBO series like The Sopranos, it could be pretty likely to happen.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I haven't watched this in years, but whatever happened to the Undertaker? He's nowhere to be seen in this table.
Did he completely disappear from existence after he lost in Wrestlemania?

He's definitely there on the backbox of the Legends edition, and on the playfield. TBH the Legends edition is bang in the middle of the era when I was watching WWE (though, Hulk... doesn't belong so much with The Rock/Steve Austin/etc), much more up my street than the modern crowd.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Man, the Legends edition looks awesome. I remember playing the Data East version years ago, it was pretty cool.

Though honestly, I'd rather have a wrestling ring with regular flippers and drop targets than those bouncy flipper-things.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
More rumors of GOT and a new Star Wars (maybe) here
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/pinball-s-glorious-revival-ces-2015/2300-6422988/

I think it is great that Stern introduces a new system that is cheaper to build, but why does the nib price still continue to go up? Some of the new features are improvements like the new flipper system etc. but most of it is just to save money for Stern.

This is main reason why I think that Heighway has a chance in the market if they make some good games. The nib price will be much lower than Stern with the replaceable playfields. You can essentially buy 2 games for the price of one Stern machine.

I believe that Stern would (especially now with more kids on the block) sell a lot more pinball machines and also make more money if the price was set 1000$ cheaper. I do not blame the small companies (not even JJP) for their high prices. Stern is a big machinery and they can sell (if they want to) pins a lot cheaper than other small companies and still make a profit, I would imagine.

It is a small step from being the saviors of pinball to becoming the destroyers of it.

Maybe it is worse here in Norway since the Kroner has been taking a downfall lately but a nib Stern premium is almost 1500$ more expensive than a years ago here now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts