Request Stop selling two tables at the same time please

Patrick

May 21, 2012
First I want to say that I appreciate the farsight work.

But I really don't like the old tables released with modern ones. Before it was possible to choose but now I must buy two tables at 4.49€ to play only one. The older is usually uninteresting (for me).
I don't want especially to launch a debate that will have no end but I prefer observing a fact : at this time I have not bought the last pack, even if the cue ball is nice. Eldorado is so boring that I refuse to buy it.

One solution exists : selling tables one by one, as before.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
You can just tell yourself you're buying Cue Ball Wizard for that price, and El Dorado just happens to come with it, free. Then simply ignore El Dorado and never play it if that's what you want.

night

May 18, 2012
First I want to say that I appreciate the farsight work.

But I really don't like the old tables released with modern ones. Before it was possible to choose but now I must buy two tables at 4.49€ to play only one. The older is usually uninteresting (for me).
I don't want especially to launch a debate that will have no end but I prefer observing a fact : at this time I have not bought the last pack, even if the cue ball is nice. Eldorado is so boring that I refuse to buy it.

One solution exists : selling tables one by one, as before.

+1

I agree with Patrick and the excuse that you get 1 boring table for free for €4,49 is b*llsh*t. There are table packs I refuse to buy because I won't pay for a lousy table I don't want. If FarSight would have kept it's old policy of buying individual tables I would have bought more tables than I have now. If they are afraid that less popular tables won't sell as good then don't release them or make 'm cheaper, like they did in the past.
I would pay twice for a good table with good graphics.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I see the sales argument on both sides. True, you do have people that only buy packs that they like both tables. Maybe they would become open to buying older packs if a single table pack was priced equivalent?
On the other hand, you have lots of people that would NEVER buy tables like Centaur, Gorgar, even more recent tables simply because they have no DMD. This is a shame because Centaur is one of the highest regarded tables in the collection by a large crowd but I have heard many people state that if it wasn't packaged with Pin*bot, they would not have even tried the game.
I like having two games a month. Hope it stays that way. I even miss a second new experience when the premium tables have come out in the past.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
+1

I agree with Patrick and the excuse that you get 1 boring table for free for €4,49 is b*llsh*t.
I would pay twice for a good table with good graphics.

huh? didn't you contradict yourself there? if you would pay twice for a "good table" then paying € 4,49 for that good table (and getting the "bad table" with it) is worth it, in your opinion, no?

Patrick

May 21, 2012
I see the sales argument on both sides. True, you do have people that only buy packs that they like both tables. Maybe they would become open to buying older packs if a single table pack was priced equivalent?
On the other hand, you have lots of people that would NEVER buy tables like Centaur, Gorgar, even more recent tables simply because they have no DMD. This is a shame because Centaur is one of the highest regarded tables in the collection by a large crowd but I have heard many people state that if it wasn't packaged with Pin*bot, they would not have even tried the game.
I like having two games a month. Hope it stays that way. I even miss a second new experience when the premium tables have come out in the past.
You forget that each table can be tested. If the guy falls in love with centaur, then he can buy it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd bet this was strictly a business decision. And if revenue went up by forcing customers to buy either both or none, then it is here to stay. If this change was costing them sales it would have switched back pretty quickly. I assume it is here to stay.

Still better than having to buy a disc with a dozen pins on it, without a chance to demo them. (Ah the crappy old days)
I guess we got a little spoiled being given the option at the beginning. I think the console folks always had to buy both.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
huh? didn't you contradict yourself there? if you would pay twice for a "good table" then paying € 4,49 for that good table (and getting the "bad table" with it) is worth it, in your opinion, no?

Indeed a contradiction. It is that I don't like a policy in where you are forced to buy something you don't want. I highly prefer to buy tables separately.
Or perhaps even make your own packs.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think the console folks always had to buy both.
We did.

Also, it probably was done to reduce the complexity of the purchasing code. Take Medieval Madness for instance. If it were still available individually, you could buy it by itself, its Pro version by itself, buy it as part of Table Pack #1, buy the Pro version as part of TP1 Pro, buy it as part of Season Pack 1, buy the Pro version as part of SP1 Pro. Not to mention it has to know to keep your MM Pro table if you bought it by itself or as part of TP1 Pro and then subsequently buy the regular SP1. If the table is not available individually, 3 of the above 8 possible scenarios can be eliminated.

Multiply that by 40 tables and 8 platforms, and you can see they would have had a real mess on their hands.

Patrick

May 21, 2012
I don't think so. I don't see why it could be so difficult to give various offers to the customers. Splitting the tables in 2 can't be so difficult for poeple who create nice pinballs on 8 platforms, precisely. It is nothing compared to programming such 3d models.
If it is a business decision, it has now to be balanced with poeple who don't buy tables when they are released, like me and other poeple.
At this time it is 4.49€ lost for farsight and I am not alone. So, let's them decide...

N

netizen

You skint bastards. As Sean has rightly pointed put and as many people have complained about on Steam, there are too many DLC options, and it's too confusing with the number of options that lead to the same product, and now y'all want to add even more complexity and overlap to this issue; are ye all daft FFS?!

Big ****ing deal if you don't want to play the B side game, don't. This isn't a new model for monetization, nor is it extremely unfair to you at the cost, or for the amount of content. If you like pinball this is a a great chance to add to a collection, and if you're just a very selective player than you have the opportunity to expand your horizons with new things you may not have played. Stop spitting the dummy out of the pram, it's only pinball.

night

May 18, 2012
The big deal is we skint bastards don't wanna pay for a B-side if we don't like it. That's why I never go for a McDonalds happy meal, I don't like their burgers. At least good ol' Ronald McDonald's gives me more than 1 choice and I never heard of a daft customer complain about MC-Donalds having too many options. FFS.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i just wonder how some of you guys can play fighting or mmorpg games - because they have so many characters that usual player barely play 2-3 of 40+ of them..and they pay full price for full game in other words for every one of this characters.. oh..i must to make a polls on KOF, MK, Injustice and SF4 forums to protect rights of consumers to buy only that they want!!
i'm trying to guess - what will you do when FS will launch tournament and some of it's tables will be ones you had not bought.

night

May 18, 2012
[Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.]

I support FarSight more by buying individual tables then just don't buy some table packs at all because they contain tables I love to burn.
That's just a comment, I don't care if they want it to do their way, that is their good right but then I'll buy what I like and leave what I want to leave. And that is loosing money, I don't think I am the only one.

Last edited by a moderator:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Even as it is Sony won't display all of the DLC available for TPA on the title screen under additional content. If there were 30% more SKUs it would be even harder to find what you want. The other stores aren't any better.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Let's keep it civil, people...there's been too much drama already in the past week, and I'm not in the mood to deal with more. Keep your posts confined to the arguments, and not the personalities behind them.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
btw on topic's name - look at the TPA site in tables section - your wish will come true, so nothing to complain about

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I'll buy what I like and leave what I want to leave. And that is loosing money, I don't think I am the only one.

so, if some people did not buy a ford focus because they dont like it (for some reasons) - is it loss of money for ford as long as other people still buying it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts