Request Suggestion: Something like *this* for table selection screens?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I was having a look at the TPA website just now, and whilst the first thing that hits me is the overall layout (and why we haven't seen a similar presentation format applied to the interface itself) I was kind of wowed by this:
tpa2oxjcoa.gif

Is there a reason we don't have that as our table select screen? Perhaps this is what we'll see for v2.0?

What does everyone else think? On the assumption that it will be as quick to scroll and select through as the current version, of course :)

IMO, it's the best sort of interface that could be implemented. Whilst it's not as cool (and slow and clunky) as the original Williams PHoF and it's virtual arcade, it would be a lot prettier than what we have now and obviously more modern with no "stuck in the 90's" Geocities-esque feel ;)

(And to be honest, I'm a little bit jealous of the web page for having such a swish gallery of machines while we're stuck with backbox art!)

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I agree, they should improve, not just the pinball selection, but the whole interface... it looks too amateur...

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
A scrolling menu is not the best thing, due to the high number of tables.

Tiles (like in Zen), sorted by manufacturer then year of release, would be good. And with the machine fully displayed on the right (as in the previous UI, before the crappy 90's web-style).

Whatever, FS stated to work on it... eight months ago. Maybe the new UI will be implemented with the start of the 3rd season.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, even if they were sorted into some sort of category, scrolling might work for a small number (like maybe a favourites list or something?)... I was just thinking that with that on the main page, all the effort to render those tables in a mini Flash window thing couldn't have solely been just for the website.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Speaking of interface improvements, I wonder if they'll ever consider supporting Hyperpin with the upcoming cabinet mode. Be a nice way to help legitimize Pincabs without compromising on the quality.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Tiles don't work for me. Give me a scrolling list. It can be pretty, functional or (imagine) both. If it's for a computer then let me use the keyboard to navigate. Hint: My keyboard has arrow keys.

A fave list and a random button are both plusses. Let me sort the way I want to sort, and you're really onto something. Hint: Something with spreadsheet functionality doesn't have to look like a spreadsheet.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Tiles don't work for me. Give me a scrolling list. It can be pretty, functional or (imagine) both. If it's for a computer then let me use the keyboard to navigate. Hint: My keyboard has arrow keys.

A fave list and a random button are both plusses. Let me sort the way I want to sort, and you're really onto something. Hint: Something with spreadsheet functionality doesn't have to look like a spreadsheet.

the problem is when many people launch TPA (on PC) they get gamepad in hands - so may be better to have some seasons and favourites tabs in your tables section

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
the problem is when many people launch TPA (on PC) they get gamepad in hands - so may be better to have some seasons and favourites tabs in your tables section

I hear you, but anything that works for arrow keys on a PC also works for the D-pad on a gamepad/controller. Personally, I sometimes use a keyboard and sometimes use a controller. My dream TPA gives options for different interfaces.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
There is a UI refresh in the works. Ryan said that he was tasked with doing a bit on it in the thread about Android controller support.

ETA: when it's ready...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts