Super Jets, what am I doing wrong?

arcaner

Sep 2, 2012
For a standard goal this feels like a real pain in the... neck. Same level of difficulty as Harem Multi-ball from TOTAN. I had gotten my score up to 12b and was attacking Mars but still was 20+ hits away from getting the achievement.

Tips? Tricks? Tactics?

Lamentations?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've hit 16.5 B and still was 20+ short as well. I find it very tough too. The bumpers aren't very active.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I get it during multiballs. Unfortunately, if you get it during Total Annihilation, the "final score" screen pops up. Big bug. Although I've found that if you hit the Start button quickly, you get to continue the game. Of course, having to have to do that interrupts my groove.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I finally just got it. I kept throwing it up there until it starts just looping around (after 3 captures). Then I just kept starting multiballs. During multiball I just kept going for bumper shots. I eventually got it. It wasn't a great scoring game as I totally ignored the ship, but it did tick off that dreaded super jet goal.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
During mulitball and Total Annihilation, if the ball saver is on, I let them drain so they get shot up to the bumpers. That's how I got it.

pin pin

Jun 5, 2012
My best advice is to shoot for the orbits during Total Annihilation. Although the point of getting super jets is that you need it to Rule The Universe, and in the hunt for the other objectives I've always managed to get the super jets incidentally along the way, so I don't believe you have to focus on them that much.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
During mulitball and Total Annihilation, if the ball saver is on, I let them drain so they get shot up to the bumpers. That's how I got it.

This. The pops are unusually inactive on TPA's AFM. I find it easier to get Super Jets on a real one than in TPA. Compare that to the pops on CFTBL where your base jackpot skyrockets in no time.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I think this is a bug. My local AFM, as well as the PAPA videos show substantially more active bumpers.
There act more like Data East bumpers, which are not only inactive, but often don't register direct hits! I'm thinking that either FS screwed up royally, or their AFM had weak bumpers.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Was able to do it in 9b game, where I had a bunch of multiballs and two extra balls. Still took me until near the end of my last ball to do it. The ball kicked out when I had two hits left and I almost threw my Nexus against the wall. Luckily my next shot from the left flipper was perfect.

ostrich2

Feb 26, 2013
I've found with both super jets and 5 way combo I rarely if ever end up going for these explicitly (as part of advancing towards normal RTU - I forget what the goal is) - they tend to get picked up along the way somewhere during the multiball modes especially. The only time I've been really thinking about SJ in particular is in trying to work on getting the video mode goal, since you need to SJ to be awarded video mode. Even then though you end up almost just having to play normally anyway since once you fill up the captures/atomics the ball just goes right around the orbits. I have found if you do nudge sideways back and forth a bit when the ball is in the bumpers that can help a bit in getting a few more bounces off the bumpers, but it doesn't make a major difference.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I got word from Bobby that he's going to boost up the jets in the next update (for AFM and FP as well).

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I'm excited they are tweaking this. Strange that the pops on AFM are so dead, whereas on other games they are unrealistically active. I would imagine its a hard balance to find, glad they are working towards that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.