Request Swords of Fury

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This is actually a table that I haven't played in real life, but looking at images and videos I am very intrigued, and would definitely buy a digital version (or a physical version for that matter - they tend not to be too pricy). Do I have a right to request it, having not played it? Haha.

It's not a very well-known Williams, as far as I know, but the playfield layout looks very unique. And I love the Golden Axe-esque theme, which I don't think we have on TPA (medievil, yes, but not the fantasy medievil with warriors, goblins etc.) It's not in the top 10 requested Williams machines (I think it was about 13), but did get 28%, so hopefully may turn up eventually, if not soon.

Has anyone here played one, and am I right to be interested in it?

karl

May 10, 2012
In your boat on this topic. Very curios about this one. Looks like a real cool cat and I have heard great things but never tried it myself

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It'll certainly be an unique table in the collection. No bumpers, for a start. So no-one can complain about weak bumpers - are you listening, FS? It's win win! :p

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Only one response in a day... Well, if Farsight see this we probably won't get it! Oh well!

karl

May 10, 2012
It has been talked about a few times before and it got a respectable position in the williams poll done a short while ago. I am sure it is on the Farsight radar.

Do not be discouraged by the lack of responses :)

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
we'll dont get HUNDREDS of very good tables - it's sad truth because you can try to calculate how much time it will take to make even 60 tables (top 10 from each poll) if time to make each table is near 6 months (this was said by FS in interview and btw Zen said what FX's tables take same time to make).
even if we'll count as each year we'll get 20 tables (2 per month with 1 "emty" month delay because of XMas vocations and 2 monthes only one 1 "premium" table) then it still be something like 3 years to make them.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
we'll dont get HUNDREDS of very good tables - it's sad truth because you can try to calculate how much time it will take to make even 60 tables (top 10 from each poll) if time to make each table is near 6 months (this was said by FS in interview and btw Zen said what FX's tables take same time to make).
even if we'll count as each year we'll get 20 tables (2 per month with 1 "emty" month delay because of XMas vocations and 2 monthes only one 1 "premium" table) then it still be something like 3 years to make them.

We already have 35 tables, so it will probably only take to the end of next year to reach 60.

*edit*: Ah, I see what you mean. The 60 from the polls. Well, we can rule out a lot of them due to licensing costs.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
*cough* forum search *cough* ;P

Very true. There is actually a lot of love for SoF thrown around in various threads.
The link Bonzo posted is the best thread about it. JoshuaK loves that pin and gives his thoughts on it over there. Made me search SoF out to play. I finally did find one and it does play great. Would be very cool to see it here someday.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I actually did search the forum, but I didn't see anything in the first page of results with it in the title. Apologies if I overlooked that one.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
It's time. Make it happen Farsight! :)

swords_of_fury.jpg

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Given this was #13 in the most requested Williams tables two years ago, and we've had probably a dozen or so Williams since then, surely it must be at least on the radar now!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Given this was #13 in the most requested Williams tables two years ago, and we've had probably a dozen or so Williams since then, surely it must be at least on the radar now!

It's also done fairly well in a poll I put up before the season started. I think people would be pretty happy with this table, me included.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah not sure where the popularity of this one went. Used to see a lot of requests for it then dried up.

This is one of the tables I didn't like at first but the more chances I had to play it in the wild the more I was liking it. So do hope this one makes it at some point.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

Yeah, I can't believe that with F-14, all of the too ten from that Williams poll will be in TPA. It seemed like that would never happen.

Personally, I would choose Big Guns and Swords of Fury over F-14, but they are all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts