T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

The Flight 2000 Dips menu has the TOTAN banner on it.

The count of "1-2-3-4-5 prepare ignition" continues the entire time the coin door in open if you press the enter button.

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Table is stretched vertically a bit in portrait view on my Galaxy S4, but still playable for testing. Thanks Ryan.

Ah, good, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. The table looked flattened to me, kinda pancaked down a bit towards the floor.

And not a showstopper, but the TPA credits haven't been updated. They only show KS backers from STTNG and TZ, none from T2.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The cannon target shot for multiball and jackpot is tricky with the back box zoom. You need to be able to see the playfield stand up target lights, and the DMD animation gives you no clues.

I've also found the Fire button temperamental during multiball play. It usually doesn't work properly for me. The cannon auto fires the ball out.

It would be great to get a similar camera shot for the T2 cannon like you get on ST:TNG for each phaser cannon.

Button position: 40%

Touch scheme A

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The cannon target shot for multiball and jackpot is tricky with the back box zoom. You need to be able to see the playfield stand up target lights, and the DMD animation gives you no clues.

It would be great to get a similar camera shot for the T2 cannon like you get on ST:TNG for each phaser cannon.
That would be difficult, as for the Super Jackpot you must make the cannon shot with the other balls still in play, so you would still want to see the rest of the playfield.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That would be difficult, as for the Super Jackpot you must make the cannon shot with the other balls still in play, so you would still want to see the rest of the playfield.

That being said, I still got 80 M, so not a bad game.

N

netizen

I've also found the Fire button temperamental during multiball play. It usually doesn't work properly for me. The cannon auto fires the ball out.

The event camera zooms in on the Backglass HUD it doesn't zoom in on the cannon.
The DMD and cannon timing is out of sync
As Jared mentioned the "trigger" button doesn't always recognize touches.
Perhaps we should all state the percentage we have it set to, the touch zone we are using and whether or not the touchzone is visible for these sorts of bugs.
I have the trigger at 30%, i'm using touch zone F and have touchzones visible

Additionally:
The tournament starts on 03/01/2013 and ends 08/12/2013

Hmmm, Minor problem. The "Trigger" button is not independent of the touch zone it is in. If it is on the R Flipper zone, touching it counts as a R Flip and a trigger pull. If it is on a R Nudge zone, touching it is a R Nudge and a trigger pull. This will account for the trigger being intermittent during the cannon, and is most noticeable during the video mode where every trigger pull moves the cross-hair to the right or during launch when pulling the trigger causes the table the nudge; depending on the setup ofc.

Disregard my brain storming about trigger position and touchzone scheme etc

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I played a T2 extensively last week.

For me, the flippers feel like they have too much reach toward the center and the ball should bounce more toward the center when catching it from one of the orbits. The flippers are a little on the strong side compared to the real table. These issues are true for pretty much all TPA tables.

I, too would like to have a camera angle that places you behind the cannon to launch multiball rather than the backglass and DMD camera.

The table looks excellent. Can't wait to see it on the PC.

Last edited:
N

netizen

is the "auto-fire ball rescue" insert super blurry during game play for anyone else? portrait, view 3, Nexus 10

When i check it out in table explore it's totally clear.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Downloaded 48mb - table is bundled with apk file again.

All tables start & play with no new table downloads being req.

No noticeable new features.

Table exploration issue fixed on all pro tables from previous apk.

View & camera issues fixed on flight2000.

T2 camera is a work in progress hopefully, as angle is wrong and stretched in y axis on both my droids.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
Getting 30,000 points rewards a Replay but no extra ball is rewarded like the instructions state.
DMD isn't placed correctly on backglass.

Edit: I don't believe the metal/plastic with the ship is placed properly. Not only is the post not placed in the circle of the green part of the table artwork, there is also quite a gap between the metal/plastic and the targets that doesn't look to be present in the pictures of the real table online.

Right ramp decal should start at the metal plate at the base of the ramp. Also, the plastic of the ramp is currently slightly going over that metal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
is the "auto-fire ball rescue" insert super blurry during game play for anyone else? portrait, view 3, Nexus 10
When i check it out in table explore it's totally clear.

No - insert is legible on all views, SGS4.
ryzu8a8y.jpg

Maybe try - re-download of apk and reinstall, or delete T2 table file and reload.

Confirmed - trigger button zone not independent of area its over.
I've moved it above the nudge zone until fixed.

Had 2 TPA app lockup incidents while exiting T2 table. Had to close app and clear memory to get app running again.
I was moving between running apps prior to both crashes though.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Not sure how useful I'm going to be as I'm stuck in free play until the 15th or until they give us our KS options.

I suppose my only request would be that since you've made the touch zones for the flippers much narrower, and since we don't have upward shake nudge, would it be possible to put in a touch zone between the flippers for upward nudge that's available when shake nudging is available?

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Galaxy S4 running Android version 4.2.2. T2 Beta was installed over public release 1.16.0. Device was rebooted after install.

Terminator 2 : Judgment Day

• [A] The red eyes on the skull do not light up.
• [A] The slingshot animations are missing.
• [A] The lights on the three pop bumpers should turn off when video mode is activated and turn back on when video mode ends.
• [A] The chrome railing on the right side of the habit trail, left side of the left outlane and along the back wall of the outer loop lack chrome texture and look too white.
• [G] The left outlane kickback is a bit too weak. It should send the ball through the right outer loop into the three roll-overs at the top of the playfield...frequency 90%.
Pressing the launch button also activates the nudge zone beneath it...frequency 100%.
The launch button does not always register when pressed...frequency 25%.
The aspect ratio of all the cameras in portrait view are stretched vertically and the table views are a bit too far away from the screen.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Tuning wise - it feels like there is too much repeat bounce on the flipper rubber, or not enough mass to the ball.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
When selecting the table from the menu, you normally get a table themed callout, like "The Theatre Awaits", "The Storm is coming", "Return to battle, Soldier".

For T2, you get a lame beep and then a few seconds of silence. Surely there's a better callout from T2 that could have been used here.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I can see the back wall/floor through a gap between the metal side rails and the inner cabinet walls. It's present on both the upper left and upper right sides.

Playing on an Asus TF300T on landscape with the default camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts