T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

No - insert is legible on all views, SGS4.
Maybe try - re-download of apk and reinstall, or delete T2 table file and reload.

This raises a new set of questions. No T2 on manage tables list, and No Terminator REZ file in the Android/data/com.farsight.Androidpinball.javaProject location either.

Has the REZ file location been changed for this table? or is it a temp location for the beta? Could a rooted user check in the data/data location?

Anyway here's what the Nexus 10 is looking like. A full size screen cap is too big to embed.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Has the REZ file location been changed for this table? or is it a temp location for the beta? Could a rooted user check in the data/data

This beta apk = 48.72mb
Normal recent apk files have been between 25-28mb

Also no T2 table file @...
/MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

So it is embedded in the beta apk

congojoea

Aug 3, 2013
I'm still waiting for the beta test, has it been released yet? Far as I know I added the test flight to my iPhone and emailed farsight from what the email stated.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm still waiting for the beta test, has it been released yet? Far as I know I added the test flight to my iPhone and emailed farsight from what the email stated.
This is just the Android public beta, released a bit earlier than usual since the Android developer is going on vacation. If you are on the closed iOS beta test, you will receive an e-mail from FarSight with a link to the iOS build when it is ready.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Here is how i'd handle this table.

Have an OPTIONAL "gun camera view" mode. Force you to hit a button to engage it (to simulate you running to the side of the table) You can press it ANY TIME the ball is in the cannon. once pressed this camera mode stays engaged and the flippers STAY DISABLED until you press the button again to run back)

This way you CAN do a cam view on the super jackpot shot.. but you will lose all trapped balls when you do so.

however, the truth is this gun cam view is never needed to make the super jackpot. I can make it 100% of the time on any properly working t2 machine. wait until the cannon starts moving up, and press the trigger the instant the second from bottom light lights up. WORKS EVERY TIME. I played one t2 where the cannon moved double speed. it STILL WORKED.

The cannon will always line up with the moving light on the trip up at the second from bottom position. If this does not happen on your table, it's wrong. :) I've played at least 10 working t2 machines, and this trick worked on all of them.

Yeah, i'm a bit of a pinball fanatic, and i think I could help ya out if i was given the chance.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
The event camera zooms in on the Backglass HUD it doesn't zoom in on the cannon.
The DMD and cannon timing is out of sync
As Jared mentioned the "trigger" button doesn't always recognize touches.
Perhaps we should all state the percentage we have it set to, the touch zone we are using and whether or not the touchzone is visible for these sorts of bugs.
I have the trigger at 30%, i'm using touch zone F and have touchzones visible

Additionally:
The tournament starts on 03/01/2013 and ends 08/12/2013

Hmmm, Minor problem. The "Trigger" button is not independent of the touch zone it is in. If it is on the R Flipper zone, touching it counts as a R Flip and a trigger pull. If it is on a R Nudge zone, touching it is a R Nudge and a trigger pull. This will account for the trigger being intermittent during the cannon, and is most noticeable during the video mode where every trigger pull moves the cross-hair to the right or during launch when pulling the trigger causes the table the nudge; depending on the setup ofc.

Disregard my brain storming about trigger position and touchzone scheme etc

The event camera on mobile devices still needs to be set.
Looks like he didn't add T2 conditions into his controller code.

When selecting the table from the menu, you normally get a table themed callout, like "The Theatre Awaits", "The Storm is coming", "Return to battle, Soldier".

For T2, you get a lame beep and then a few seconds of silence. Surely there's a better callout from T2 that could have been used here.
Whoops, need to hook those sounds up. :)

Last edited:

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
Turning off the event camera will prevent the camera from zooming in on the DMD when the ball is in the cannon, however the camera will remain in the zoomed out table view rather than behind the cannon like in the star trek table. This makes aiming very difficult. Other than that and the stretched artwork, I think it came out great.

This is on my new nexus 7 tablet.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Forgive me for intruding, but on iOS with Event Camera off, there is no view change when a STTNG cannon is loaded, and that (IMO) is as it should be.

Stargazer

Jul 13, 2013
Something needs to be done to the blurry insert graphics. Even the "you will be back again" insert is hardly readable on my Nexus 7. Also the insert lightning doesnt contrast very well to the bright playfield.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
"You'llbe back" looks more as an egg like a circle. In mode 1 is more or less ok, but 2, 3 and 4: eastern :)

One time seen: Multiball reached. the view goes to startramp(on the right side) the ball kicks in automatically, but the view is still there; till only 1 ball is in game...

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 4

N

netizen

Forgive me for intruding, but on iOS with Event Camera off, there is no view change when a STTNG cannon is loaded, and that (IMO) is as it should be.

that's how it works on Android too.
What is being requested is for the event camera on T2 to function like the one in STTNG. As it is event cam ON merely zooms in on the Back Glass DMD.

But the discussion is whether or not it is even worth it, as during mutiball with the jackpot shot, it is possible to get the cannon active and still have a ball in play. One locked, one in the cannon, and one in play; provided all three were still going.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
right. the super jackpot shot, which every good player can make in standard view. :) I already said how to do it.

as I said, I believe it should only gun-cam zoom manually for t2. i think this makes the most sense, and is most true to the real table.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Amazing, i feel more useless than ever, it's the first time in god knows how long i've experience a score limit. :(

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
right. the super jackpot shot, which every good player can make in standard view. :) I already said how to do it.

as I said, I believe it should only gun-cam zoom manually for t2. i think this makes the most sense, and is most true to the real table.
What you said doesn't appear to be right, watch this video of PAPA @6:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EerNS50LHvE&t=388

Or here, it looks like he pulls the trigger just as the light is about to go out on the second from bottom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EerNS50LHvE&t=785

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
impressive for an early beta. Great fun to play. My comments.

- last few tables the text has been really easy to read. T2 has gone backwards in this regard - I can hardly read anything.
- ball seems to magnify when going below flippers
- some tuning needed as some dodgy orbit style flicks - reminds me of AFM of old. Ball feels too bouncy.
- dropship looks OK polygon count wise but needs a texture applying to it.
- the trigger button is too high up the screen, when your going for the super jackpot, you have to take fingers off the flippers to get to trigger. Very hard when other balls in play. I'd rather have the UP nudge working as the trigger in this case (easier to get to).
- For operating the cannon, I'd like it to be the same as in STTNG. I never play with camera follow. Seems too easy to hit the target at the moment - that is when the trigger detects the input :)
- this table would look awesome with a night time lighting mode :) AKA papa video.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
doh! just realised what the EVENT CAMERA option does! ignore my comment above.

same goes for trigger position - just found the option for that!

I've heard it said before, but this table really is pinball dreams NIGHTMARE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts