T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok, just confirmed that the unresponsive flipper bug only happens when Ball Control is enabled. The flippers work fine on all modes during regular play.

Ryan, can you please add in the chrome trigger button for T2 that Stuart added to the iOS version.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
just updated the APK with the latest one. Skull looks much better. My views are all messed up though - starting the game the table is zoomed in so much I can't see the plunger!?

I know it's authentic, but I hate the font used on the table, still not easy to read.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
just updated the APK with the latest one. Skull looks much better. My views are all messed up though - starting the game the table is zoomed in so much I can't see the plunger!?

You're not supposed to be able to see the plunger anymore. The plunger cameras were reset to give you the best possible view of the yellow skillshot arrows.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
You're not supposed to be able to see the plunger anymore. The plunger cameras were reset to give you the best possible view of the yellow skillshot arrows.

ah - thanks PW (I really need to read the rule set for this table ASAP!)

event camera is a nice touch, finding myself tilting my head to get a better angle just like in RT :)

only other observation is that colour scheme looks to have been tweaked? very slightly washed out compared to before?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
btw: the working cannon has doubled my enjoyment of this game. Was V frustrating before this update.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Seems like the sound is out of sync with the display. This is evident when you see the shoot again animation of the t2000 getting his head blown in half and in the database selection and the opening of the game when the metal plates hit that say T2. Getting much higher scores now and plays better. I also hit the ball through the skull and it came out behind. A lot less SDTM from not making the left ramp.

Sound issues are known issues, and relate to the sound server Farsight uses across all platforms (maybe not the PC - I'm not sure). This issue affects all tables, and is a point of minor frustration for me every time I play tables.

Most prominent on T2 is the skillshot "blip, blip, blip" sequence being exactly one blip behind when you launch the ball. Once you hear it, you can't unhear it.

Unless my timing is off, it seems that the ROM and mechanical sound effects audio sync is about 800ms to 1sec off in T2. I say this because AFAICT on the first ball, the light sequence changes almost every second.

@Ryan Routon, can you get us some info about improvements to the Sound Server? Bobby did say he would dedicate some cycles to it in the last podcast, but I've not seen any gazetted improvements since that time?

Even if the update is "we tried but we can get it any better than it is" would be better than not knowing.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Had the ball through skull to left loop happen a couple times.
Had a very weak shot to the skull barely make it, but it did and got locked but the game didn't know, but after i nudge a couple of times it finally noticed.
The worst bug for me is the canon won't fire for super jackpot! I mean the trigger doesn't react. Finally it fires by itself.
I also had a game where i was trying to lock a ball for super jackpot attemt but shot the escape route and set of the multiball award. I locked a ball in skull and super jackpot attemt was started. Couldn't fire canon of course. But is multiball supposed to be able to activate
during super jackpot attemt? Never found myself in that sotuation on real table.
Somethings up with the canon camera sometimes, it zoomed in but changed it's mind and went back when I was attempting super jackpot (didn't fire). Then it didn't zoom in next multiball attemt. Then it did next time.

Ball isn't rejected in skull anymore, thats nice. I preferred the ball going between flipper and post on return of weak shots up left ramp, as the nudge saving was fun and it's too easy now, but I guess now is betterif you look at it in a bigger picture.
The stretched out bottom part is gone, looks awesome now! But still very low res details.

Oh and just a question about flippers. Are they not dropping just a little bit too fast? A loop pass, like demonstrated in the pinball 101 preview (1.25) is virtually impossible with them dropping so fast. No matter how fast I try to tap the screen I can't get the flipper to go up before it reaches it's bottom position. On a real pinball and even on ps3 this is no problem.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Ok another bug. Had a multiball and two balls locked, not sure where, maybe they both went the same place, then I drain the third ball and the lock counter keeps ticking like I still have a ball in play, so I call attendent and ball reseting timer starts counting down. So while I'm playing with a ball which by now has been ejected from lock, the found ball is automatically plunged and the camera view getd stuck in plunge view for the remaining time.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm not that good at this table...still haven't hit a top score yet.

Regarding play, shots around the right loop don't just end up in the left saucer each time...usually bounce off the rubber between the saucer and the left loop, but there seems to be a nice balance between shot regularity and the ball doing other things.

I've had one good hard shot to the saucer go through the wall and around the left loop instead. (This happens sometimes in black hole as well but only seems to be when the ball is locked in BH).

Colours do seem a bit tamed down, though i wonder if a lot of the "blurriness" was caused by the colours being oversaturated, possibly in post processing.

Chrome looks nice on the skull and the plane thing (yeah i realize how hardcore i just came off there).

Flippers are still bouncy as hell, but live-catch type things seem to be easier now.

Love the plunge angles and the ability to short aim the cannon shots now.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
It's possible for a lock to time out and a slow ball to get stuck behind the drop target when it pops up. pretty rare though..

i think any game with any analog plunger that gives the ball multiple possible paths should have a standard plunger cam. one that doesn't need it is theater of magic. while most people will always do a full plunge on dr. dude, the option to make a ball trickle down the orbit is there.

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
It's possible for a lock to time out and a slow ball to get stuck behind the drop target when it pops up. pretty rare though..

In TPA or the real world? Because I've had that happen once in the real world on T2 (and several times on Attack from Mars).

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
Hi, first thanks for the new build.
On my 8 inch screen tab the camera is now zoomed in even more than before. Camera 1 is the only playable option, though the skull is 95% hidden by the DMD.
Camera 2 and 3 the bottom of the rested flippers are off the bottom of the screen, camera 4 is zoomed in to much on the flippers.(need to try this camera again after work).
Sorry this is a quick reply after a few minutes try before going to work, not had chance to try it fully or try other tables.
By the way this was in portrait view.

Update. Tried T2 in Landscape view and all four camera views are working. So doesn't seem like any one else reporting the zoomed in camera on portrait view, might be specific to my tablet though all other tables work fine.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
When a ball is kicked out of the left lock the ball jerks forward instead of coming out smoothly. I compared other tables where the holes are visible such as Space Shuttle, Pin*Bot and, Scared Stiff and all of them kick the ball out smoothly.
Also, when the cannon is loaded, the ball jerks into place when the cannon starts moving. (Edit: More often than not it jerks to the left, visually going through the metal wall of the cannon. It sometimes locks to the center of the cannon as well, but not as often.)
All these things are merely cosmetic and don't effect gameplay, but it would be nice if the transitions were less noticeable.

I too noticed that when the event camera is ON that when going for the Super Jackpot it still zooms into the cannon when the other balls are still in play.
One solution could be for it to already be programmed so that camera doesn't trigger when going for the super jackpot, but then again some players might not care if they lose their other balls when going for the Super Jackpot, and would rather have that camera view? One solution could be to added another UI button that can trigger the event camera on and off for T2, but that would probably be messy...
Can the event camera be enabled depending on how many balls are in play? Zoom with one ball, stay unzoomed with 2 or 3? (Rhetorical questions. Not seeking answers, just thinking "out loud".)

When going for the Super Jackpot, it still isn't possible to shoot the cannon when a ball is trapped in a flipper. I do hope that a solution is being worked on.

On a positive note, I echo most everyone else about the newly muted colors, remodeled skull, retextured skull and ship, and the new camera angles. I'm very pleased with those improvements. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

russh1

Sep 1, 2012
Onscreen button on champion pub seems to be broke on the latest beta(posted on 20th). which you press for smart punch or to choose a card in poker. Its working on star trek, t2.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
When going for the super jackpot on t2 if your cradling with the left flipper the launch Canon button is non responsive.

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
Same thing goes for the right flipper.

And for what it's worth, the problem with hard shots going through the skull and out the left loop seems to be worse in this latest release. It's been happening to me regardless of whether I'm in a single or multi ball scenario and has denied me several Super Jackpot opportunities.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Same thing goes for the right flipper.

And for what it's worth, the problem with hard shots going through the skull and out the left loop seems to be worse in this latest release. It's been happening to me regardless of whether I'm in a single or multi ball scenario and has denied me several Super Jackpot opportunities.

For shots to the skull I'm getting something a little different. I'm not getting bricked shots anymore but occasionally with a hard shot to the skull the ball flys through the back and down to the right loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts