Table of the Week Club...week 1 : GENIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
That's probably the table that got me into NOT trapping lol. Don't get me wrong, I'll still catch the ball. But if it takes more than 1 second for it to come to a rest, forget that. I disagree with the 'post pass' technique on Genie because you could just as easily shoot it into the spinner from the left flip. And anything that's too far right from the left flip will come zooming STDM, and that's why I said, nudge to the left instead of flipping. While I'm playing 'flow' on Genie, I'm keeping certain things in mind. First of all, from the left flip to yellow target #1 almost always needs a nudge to the left. If you all would just aim for target #3 or 4 with the left flip, there'd be so much less of a possibility of a drain. I can't think of a single reason to trap with Genie. Just know what shots are risky, and have your thumb ready. I also disagree about ignoring the bonus multiplier. Yeah, go for the extra ball with all of your power. But when the opportunity presents its self, increase that bonus x. Only if you know you can make it though. Using the lower right flip, you can get ANY of those drop targets. And no, you don't have to trap. Here's another thing, I'm guessing a lot of you guys get drains from shooting the bank of drop targets when only 1 is still up. It's worth AIMING for the unlit remaining drop target, just so that your flailing will be safer.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Almost all hits to the bank of 4 yellow drop targets (when they are already down) = death!!!. We were talking about priorities earlier. Well, when there's only 1 drop target left, get it (whether it's lit or not). This way you won't drain as much from hitting the bank with no targets on it. Does that make sense? Obviously, make sure it's a safe shot to get that last target. ...and then once they are all back up, then you can go for the upper play field to light the extra ball. How many times have you drained just from hitting that bank with the drop targets down? It makes it 2x as dangerous when 3 out of the 4 are down. So just carefully aim for that last one

EC Rider

Jan 20, 2015
Hey all !! I think this is a great idea.I have been lurking for a while now and i come here often for tips and strategies. I have all goals except the 3 Mil...Arghhh
some day i will clear that goal.MAYBE? lol Top score was 1,953,910 But i just beat it this morning barely, 1,964,580 didnt even change my position on the leaderboard. Have fun

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Oh no! Did I.. did I just drop Jeff down a notch!
GenieHS_zps3d3f3912.png

Uh oh, Looks like I'm going to have to start playing TPA again just because of this. :)

It's seriously been about a year since I've played Genie. Time to dust it off!

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Uh oh, Looks like I'm going to have to start playing TPA again just because of this. :)

It's seriously been about a year since I've played Genie. Time to dust it off!

Yep, I had given up the chase until SYT started this. You can blame this rukkus on him.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Great idea shutyertrap, I'll have to get on later to see where I'm at with my score.
Do believe I have 2 or 3 more goals to get before I have all the wizard goals.

imho the only table I may pass on is CBW, I prefer EDCOG over that.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Time for the low score on the first ball challenge!

So, because I was so frustrated trying to get a decent score I was going to suggest a little competition within a competition: the lowest score on one ball. Figured I would be in the running (cause I usually suck at Genie).

Started a game as an effort to post a pic of my low score in order to see if anyone could retaliate with a lower score.

Well, the ball hit too many targets, and I knew it was time to restart for another low score attempt... But once getting into the upper left playfield, I was able to knock down quite a few drop targets and decided to keep playing.

Ill be damned if I didn't end up playing my best game ever... 1,165,150 (beating my REAL old 800k score).

Got a EB on ball one. Noticed the HUD had a dot/period instead of a number to indicate which ball was up/in progress. Stayed the same for two balls (glitch? Don't Recall earning more than one EB during the first ball, but it was a pleasant surprise). So, by the time the HUD indicated ball 2 was next in line, my score was close to a million! Hot damn! Still not even close to some of the other high scores I've seen, but a milestone in my career.

Time to get back to shooting for a low score.

[/B]

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Plunge the ball guarantees 5K for one of the A/B/C/D rollovers. You also get a guaranteed 1K bonus from that rollover. Best bet for the ball to disappear STDM from the plunge is to get it to go over the "D" rollover, the ball will often trickle down the side, miss everything, then zoom STDM or at least hit a flipper.

So I think that 6K is the absolute minimum on any given ball.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Time for the low score on the first ball challenge!

So, because I was so frustrated trying to get a decent score I was going to suggest a little competition within a competition: the lowest score on one ball. Figured I would be in the running (cause I usually suck at Genie).

Started a game as an effort to post a pic of my low score in order to see if anyone could retaliate with a lower score.

Well, the ball hit too many targets, and I knew it was time to restart for another low score attempt... But once getting into the upper left playfield, I was able to knock down quite a few drop targets and decided to keep playing.

Ill be damned if I didn't end up playing my best game ever... 1,165,150 (beating my REAL old 800k score).

Got a EB on ball one. Noticed the HUD had a dot/period instead of a number to indicate which ball was up/in progress. Stayed the same for two balls (glitch? Don't Recall earning more than one EB during the first ball, but it was a pleasant surprise). So, by the time the HUD indicated ball 2 was next in line, my score was close to a million! Hot damn! Still not even close to some of the other high scores I've seen, but a milestone in my career.

Time to get back to shooting for a low score.

[/B]

OK I was going to quote myself from yesterday discussing how EBs are messed up but I just had a similar experience to you and definitely the most bizarre game I've ever had on TPA. So on ball one I got an EB and like you said the ball number disappeared..it didn't show a ball, I think that is just part of the paint job that looks like a pinball. So when "ball 2" started there was still no number. When "ball 3" started the number reappeared and said "Ball 1", so in effect I got a free extra ball. During the next few balls I got 2 more EB's. Both times it rolled back the number of the ball I was playing by one AND rewarded an extra ball upon drain. So at this point I have gotten three extra balls and technically awarded six. On ball 5 I got the EB through special (red targets) and it behaved normally.

So box score from this game 1,440,840 (personal best) 4 awarded extra balls, 7 actual extra balls received, 12 total balls played. The tragic irony in all this is that it still didn't award me the 3 EB wizard goal lol

EDIT: I stand corrected ..I just checked and my 3 EB goal has been ticked off. Yay! I guess I've been too used to getting screwed out of wizard goals for no good reason. I do swear I did not see the completion message..oh well I deserved it getting 7 extra balls

Last edited:

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Got the 6k after a handful of attempts. I suppose I'll go back to trying to do well.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Done for now, just getting annoyed. After about an hour or so I manage to get 2 extra balls and that's it.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Finally I have the 3 Extra Balls Goal, which leaves me with "only" the 3 Million Goal. I'm trying this with the 3 balls instead of 5 balls games. But I'm not really good on this table. My best score is 921k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts