Table of the Week Club...week 1 : GENIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Now it's me that's ready to throw my iPad through the window!!!! Arrrrgggghhh. Maybe I should try it on ps4? I feel like I'm cheating though on that bc it's much easier

Cheating? How? For myself I'm merely trying to get all the wizard goals for all my tables since I transferred over from PS3 to PC. Except I just looked and saw I hadn't completed a single wizard on the PS3 version of Genie (nor do I think I'll try). There are no winners or losers or cheaters here. It's merely an excuse to talk about and play one particular table each week with a bunch of other people!

When it comes time for the tourney...I'm looking into ways we'll do it, despite what platform it's being played on.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Cheating? How? For myself I'm merely trying to get all the wizard goals for all my tables since I transferred over from PS3 to PC. Except I just looked and saw I hadn't completed a single wizard on the PS3 version of Genie (nor do I think I'll try). There are no winners or losers or cheaters here. It's merely an excuse to talk about and play one particular table each week with a bunch of other people!

When it comes time for the tourney...I'm looking into ways we'll do it, despite what platform it's being played on.

I know it's not but....also, I haven't played my ps4 much but am I correct that their are no goals set up on that system? Also, I just recently realized that the table of the month has the pro mode enabled. Even though I own every table and have been buying the pro mode since the middle of season three and catching up on older tables their are still some I don't have. Can't remember what the next table if the month is. Can you help a brother out? Thanks

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know it's not but....also, I haven't played my ps4 much but am I correct that their are no goals set up on that system? Also, I just recently realized that the table of the month has the pro mode enabled. Even though I own every table and have been buying the pro mode since the middle of season three and catching up on older tables their are still some I don't have. Can't remember what the next table if the month is. Can you help a brother out? Thanks

Don't own a PS4, so no idea about goals. And I have no more of an idea of what the table of the month will be as anyone else around here. Just a moderator and podcast host, not a FS employee.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
SYT, I for one agree with your original idea for the tourney. 2 tries and that's it. The problem is making sure people don't lie. Not that I thin the PA fans are going to lie lol. Not everyone knows how to post pics, but I've been thinking about how it might be more legit. Take a pic of your score after every ball. It's just an idea. Still doesn't solve the problem of 'it could've been the millionth attempt. But for me, there's no point in lying. Especially when there's nothing to really gain. Even in the regular tourneys, you get to see your name up with the rest of them. Just throwing out another idea here... Before you submit your score, you have to post with 'checking in'. Just to make sure it's not an old score. But that still doesn't work because how do we know what time they started? Maybe take a pic of the clock. I'll stop. Lol. Guess we'll just have to rely on honesty :/

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Don't own a PS4, so no idea about goals. And I have no more of an idea of what the table of the month will be as anyone else around here. Just a moderator and podcast host, not a FS employee.

Wasn't it announced along with the newsletter for starship troopers? I just thought you might remember. I think I have it saved. Will edit this post if I can find it.

Edit:junkyard seems to be next.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
SYT, I for one agree with your original idea for the tourney. 2 tries and that's it. The problem is making sure people don't lie. Not that I thin the PA fans are going to lie lol. Not everyone knows how to post pics, but I've been thinking about how it might be more legit. Take a pic of your score after every ball. It's just an idea. Still doesn't solve the problem of 'it could've been the millionth attempt. But for me, there's no point in lying. Especially when there's nothing to really gain. Even in the regular tourneys, you get to see your name up with the rest of them. Just throwing out another idea here... Before you submit your score, you have to post with 'checking in'. Just to make sure it's not an old score. But that still doesn't work because how do we know what time they started? Maybe take a pic of the clock. I'll stop. Lol. Guess we'll just have to rely on honesty :/

I think pretty much everyone on here has integrity, certainly those of is that have been doing table 1. I doubt very highly so,done is going to cheat. What's the point anyway? You're only fooling yourself!! Not you but a perspective cheater. :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

One more little thing and I'll be done. Just wanted to say that after hearing about your randomizer to figure out what the next table of the week will be, I went ahead and got myself an app for that. Yes, there is an app for that, haha. Took a little bit of time to enter in the tables. But it wasn't so bad. Used the randomizer inbetween playing genie. It's something that I feel everyone should have (that plays TPA so much that it's hard to decide what table to play next). Got C1812, and was brought back to when it came out. Actually had a lot of fun. And after playing it, I feel it should be on the real tourney. Easily spam the left ramp, or just go for the drop targets on the left or right side. Kinda hoping it comes up in your next randomized table of the week.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i cannot even begin to put in words how much i suck @ genie lol...can't break a million points...dumb question...was this on the gottlieb collection for gamecube? i seem to remember playing it before...d.m.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I think pretty much everyone on here has integrity, certainly those of is that have been doing table 1. I doubt very highly so,done is going to cheat. What's the point anyway? You're only fooling yourself!! Not you but a perspective cheater. :)
I agree. But wouldn't it be nice to find a way to get it to be more like a real tourney? I'm not saying FS implement this 'table of the week' tourney into the game. (Even though that would be awesome) Hell, they've got enough on their hands. But there's just gotta be something we can do to make it better. Uploading vids to YouTube is far too much to ask of people, but there's gotta be something right??

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I agree. But wouldn't it be nice to find a way to get it to be more like a real tourney? I'm not saying FS implement this 'table of the week' tourney into the game. (Even though that would be awesome) Hell, they've got enough on their hands. But there's just gotta be something we can do to make it better. Uploading vids to YouTube is far too much to ask of people, but there's gotta be something right??
most of the guys on this thread are computer whiz' (myself not included) so if theirs a way they will figure it out!! ;). I agree. Their probably is a way. So far I must say I'm impressed with what our boy has accomplished in only a few days.
I imagine it will only get bigger/better as time goes on!!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
773k on my tablet. I think Genie plays differently than on my PC. The physics feel different. Shooting the top row of drops from a trap on the bottom right flipper often sees the ball do a clean bank around the corner and screaming back between the top flippers. Even more so when the two leftmost targets are down and the ball is bouncing off rubber.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
i play 'flow'. Yeah, Vikingeric's advice is as sound as a pound, but how boring is that? 'Trapping is the only way to do it' is just a myth. Actually it depends on the person

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
i play 'flow'. Yeah, Vikingeric's advice is as sound as a pound, but how boring is that? 'Trapping is the only way to do it' is just a myth. Actually it depends on the person

You'd hate watching me play Monster Bash...I play it completely boring with next to no flow. Genie I'm doing a fair amount of flow from the right flipper. The left is all catch and shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts