Table of the Week Club...week 1 : GENIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So it's not possible to stack EB's in 3 ball mode? I did stack a couple at one point on that 5 ball run, so I wonder if I did actually score higher by playing 5 ball.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
So it's not possible to stack EB's in 3 ball mode? I did stack a couple at one point on that 5 ball run, so I wonder if I did actually score higher by playing 5 ball.

I don't think you can stack them in either mode, when I had multiple eb targets lit and hit one, the other lit ones turned off. I suppose if the ball was in play long enough you could relight the target. But ebs behave strangely on this table anyhow (at least PS4) Last game I played got 4 ebs, the first three actually rolled back the ball I was on and rewarded the extra ball after drain. So 7 ebs in effect. The day before that I had back to back games where eb didn't work at all. Had no clue this table was so buggy before this week.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I started slowly this week but then had a nice run going where I was finishing around the 1 million mark on a fairly consistent basis, but it appears the outlanes have woken up, particularly the right side, which wasn't even a worry for the first few days. Now, it has an event horizon that reaches several ball lengths up and to the left, consuming the ball without mercy.

I haven't broken 500,000 in the past few attempts and I'm feeling a bit worn down. 1.2 was my best effort this week, I think. It's fun sort of being stuck with a table for a spell. Normally I'd play two, maybe three bad Genie games and then not try for months. It has been nice to focus even tho it hasn't done me any good.

Genie is a bit like math homework was for me; I practice, have a small breakthrough and then I think '"I've got it! " but when test time comes around It doesn't appear anything has stuck.

Ready for the next table, whatever it may be.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think you can stack them in either mode, when I had multiple eb targets lit and hit one, the other lit ones turned off. I suppose if the ball was in play long enough you could relight the target. But ebs behave strangely on this table anyhow (at least PS4) Last game I played got 4 ebs, the first three actually rolled back the ball I was on and rewarded the extra ball after drain. So 7 ebs in effect. The day before that I had back to back games where eb didn't work at all. Had no clue this table was so buggy before this week.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen on my first ball where it actually rolled the ball back to 0 because I had 2 EB's on that first ball by relighting targets, so in a sense I guess they did stack.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
7H9TceN.jpg

Fungi has been dethroned!

I did that with 5 ball mode, but I now see the folly of my ways. My last 2 balls were over very quickly so I would've scored significantly higher in 3 ball mode, which I actually thought I was playing, but it resets every time you start the game up. :/
Not on my iPad. That's weird.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
I'm gonna try 3 ball too. I'm not holding out too much hope, but we'll see.

Anyone else anxious to see what table my randomizer picks for next week? I'll have it listed late Saturday night my time (Pacific Standard) in a new thread. That is when this one will be closed, too. So get your last games in!

Yay, new table..if it's a good one you should consider making it the "table of the next eight days" and announce new tables on Sunday night..I think the online weekly leader board resets late Sunday (probably midnight) then we can more easily see how the table of the week is coming along for everyone. I'd suggest starting this week but maybe Sunday is bad for you and people have probably had more than enough Genie

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Can we have an extra day since most of us on iOS wasted so much time dealing with issues after the new update? :)

RushDude2112

Jan 5, 2015
As of right now I still have the 3m and 3 eb goals left with a high score of 850k. compared to a week ago when this game of the week was pick, I rarely if at all played this table, now I cant stop playing it. I am going to like this table of the week thread. Maybe the next game of the week we could get Starship Troopers :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yay, new table..if it's a good one you should consider making it the "table of the next eight days" and announce new tables on Sunday night..I think the online weekly leader board resets late Sunday (probably midnight) then we can more easily see how the table of the week is coming along for everyone. I'd suggest starting this week but maybe Sunday is bad for you and people have probably had more than enough Genie

I like people to have 1 day of the weekend to play the table. They can get their play in on Sunday, be busy all week, and play again Saturday. Just makes more sense to me. Also, I'm not tying this in to the vagaries of when FarSight updates. I may be in the same time zone as them, but the rest of the world isn't!

Can we have an extra day since most of us on iOS wasted so much time dealing with issues after the new update? :)

You can have all the extra days you need...the rest of us will be moving on to the next table! Remember folks, this isn't the tournament. Think of it as practice, or an excuse to knock off wizard goals that you'd otherwise shrug at.

I'll have a post about the monthly tournament that kicks off on Saturday, Feb 28th (northern hemisphere) soon. And like I said, new table will be announced at around 9pm Pacific Standard. If only I had a big spinning wheel or something I could live stream, make it an event! Get one of those lotto machines that kicks out ping pong balls. Hmmm, I smell kickstarter!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Maybe the next game of the week we could get Starship Troopers :D

I'm gonna say this just to get it out of the way...

Table of the Week will never be a just released table. New tables have no need for excitement to be drummed up about them. On top of that, I want people who aren't buying season pass, or those playing consoles to have a chance to be included as well. Cool?

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
I like people to have 1 day of the weekend to play the table. They can get their play in on Sunday, be busy all week, and play again Saturday. Just makes more sense to me. Also, I'm not tying this in to the vagaries of when FarSight updates. I may be in the same time zone as them, but the rest of the world isn't!

I understand, but to plead my case..if it was announced Sunday night people could dabble all week and learn tips then have all weekend to master it. The fact that it would be in sync (not the boy band) with FarSight's weekly leaderboard is just the cherry on top. I will shut my trap now p.s. lets have a poll!

Edit:eek:ops I fail at quoting

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'd be really happy if it's another season 1 table since that's all I own on PC thus far (Waiting on DX11).

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Damn I'm disappointed :(
Sure, I lack precision but whenever I get a good start I just don't seem to nudge it right and the rest of the balls are down the drain quicker than I can say.... something... something.
About 3ball. Isn't it just that you build bonus quicker (and some extra points), but the big one is getting 5x 29000 and get that in the bonus hole and start building again (the 5x is saved). I get fairly quick up to 29000 even in 5ball games but then I just drain.

Anywho. Even before this being table of the week I did play it quite often in my pinball spree. Only got the game a month.
What I mean to say is that I see allot of people rating this poorly, but I think it is a great table even if I can't seem to score.

Better work on my precision :/

And about table selection: I don't really mind what table comes up. If I don't got it I guess I'll just have to buy a season pass for that table.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
that genie's a bee***!! ;) i've not gotten very far with it, though i love those old tables. i guess my central park/big shot ranks are pretty low too... still fun; you never know when you might re-discover a table you never knew you were good at! (or -finally- good enough -for!- ;0)

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
About 3ball. Isn't it just that you build bonus quicker (and some extra points), but the big one is getting 5x 29000 and get that in the bonus hole and start building again (the 5x is saved). I get fairly quick up to 29000 even in 5ball games but then I just drain.

I suppose it depends on the targets you typically hit and how long you can make each ball last when it comes to 3-ball vs 5-ball settings.

3-ball is 60% of the 5-ball game, yet the scoring for the top red and white targets is twice as much (10K vs 5K), each unlit A-B-C-D rollover is 4 times as much (2000 vs 500), the bonus collect kickout hole is doubled (10K vs 5K), and the top bumpers and rollover buttons are 10X more (2K vs 200).

Even if you collect the bonus many times in a single game, the shots that are necessary to increase the bonus that enable the kickout hole to be lit would generate a much higher score in 3-ball, unless all you hit are lit A-B-C-D and the lower drop targets.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
I prefer 5 ball over 3, but hey I just had to say that for one more chance to say start the table of the week late Sunday night, we are fans of TPA so why shouldn't the table of the week be in tune with the TPA high scores of the week..and a little flattery, table of the week was a mind bogglingly cool idea but if it was concurrent to the high scores of the week it would simply be over the top..also a chance for us to connect TPA fans with their TPA user ID's..a lot of us have the same..like I am nat-1969 on PS4..I was like #24 for the week on Genie :)

Edit I paused an epic Black Hole game for this comment

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Resurrected from week 1, Genie! The last thread I will ask SYT to open for the May tournament, some hate this table, too me its pure pinball fun. Not an easy game and if you hate the sounds just play some of your favorite music.

As said on Gorgar totw thread, Hot Wheels and Shoothing the Rapids from Zaccaria released the same year as Genie. Fans of Genie will most likely have some fun on Pinball Champ, Farfalla and the many other machines with and upper playfield, all play somewhat similar to the mini playfield in the upper left of the playfield. Who will win the Zac on PC code!?

I perfer 3 ball I feel I end up with more points that way. I have had success nudging to the left just as the ball lands on the rubber under that left pop bumper, if it seems to be headed for the outlane. Earning extra ball is not a sure fire thing for me on this one ever.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's always annoyed my on how the ball flow is on this table, have to work more with the art of the nudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.