Not open for further replies.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Woohooooo!! Just won the video mode with cows:

EvlkmpZl.jpg

And here's the reward:

UxDeeFH.jpg

So I can confirm it's possible to get this wizard goal in cow mode.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
So it's not just me. Huh. That's pretty unforgivable on a shot like that. I understand on extreme angle shots, but not one like that. Especially since the near exact same shot can be made in MM.
no, it's not just you. Hitting that right ramp is like 1 out of 30 tries. I gave up on that one long time ago.
I did mange to RTU and after some time I did raised my 20B score to 40B but that's about it. I'm not coming back to AFM so often although it was on top of my list at the begining. Now I find it as highly overrated table wich is also riuned by that stupid right ramp.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Somebody said that you can only do video mode once per game, which makes sense..I don't recall ever seeing it twice in a game
I've gotten Video Mode twice several times, it seems like the other was after Rule the Universe
If I wasn't also going for 1 Billion, I would probably just restart the game after Video Mode

What really sucks about Video Mode for me, is I'm playing on a 27" iMac, and the DMD is really really small (same on all the DMD games as well)
There are a few things in the game that just doesn't scale to the resolution on the mac version, DMD is one.
I assume it's stuck on 1 dot = 1 pixel
Meanwhile, the alphanumeric display is huge.
I hope they get the DMD a "better size" eventually

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I've seen video mode more than twice, but strobe MB just once per game. Never got an extra ball directly from Stroke of Luck, nor normal MB later in the game. I didn't know there was a relationship between video mode being selected after Super Jets.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Am I the only one who thinks that right ramp isn't that bad? It's only from a capture on the left flipper that it is really hard. My favorite playing style on AFM is flow and that combines nicely with shooting rolling balls from the left flipper. Locks and left ramps return balls on a good speed to the left flipper and when you complete the left orbit, those shots can be returned to the left flipper with a dead bounce from the right, and instead of cradling the ball, try to shoot it in one motion onto the right ramp. A lot of balls that go toward the tip of the right flipper can be backhanded up the right ramp also, just try to hit those early. Stray balls that drop toward the tip of the left flipper can also be onetimed up the right ramp, and this sometimes is also true for missed shots to the right ramp. Anyway, I had my fair share of right ramp troubles but with a week of AFM under the belt, it's not that of a problem anymore.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I just hit all 4 martians in one stroke during a Martian Attack. I didn't even think that was possible. It was so cool.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Super wizard goal - all 4 Martians in one stroke. On the flip side of that, on big shot I had something similar happen. Like a post pass, but it went from left flipper to bottom left sling to bottom right sling to right flipper to drain. It was a circle of death, and as fast as lightning

Last edited:

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I've came so close to getting 4 martians several times....
There's an adrenalin spike just as it's about to hit the 4th.
The three others happens so fast, but as it approaches the 4th, it shifts into slow motion just as it.... nope *sigh!* so close too :(

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ever take out 4 targets with one hit in Big Shot? Makes a satisfying sound.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
I've gotten Video Mode twice several times, it seems like the other was after Rule the Universe
If I wasn't also going for 1 Billion, I would probably just restart the game after Video Mode

What really sucks about Video Mode for me, is I'm playing on a 27" iMac, and the DMD is really really small (same on all the DMD games as well)
There are a few things in the game that just doesn't scale to the resolution on the mac version, DMD is one.
I assume it's stuck on 1 dot = 1 pixel
Meanwhile, the alphanumeric display is huge.
I hope they get the DMD a "better size" eventually

Hmm two video modes something to look forward to failing twice. I guess I'm curious..the martian bomb on the video mode, do you have to have a martian bomb in store or do you get a freebie each video mode. If you get a freebie that could explain why I've never completed video mode, I never tried to nuke the space ships unless I knew I had a martian bomb..

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hmm two video modes something to look forward to failing twice. I guess I'm curious..the martian bomb on the video mode, do you have to have a martian bomb in store or do you get a freebie each video mode. If you get a freebie that could explain why I've never completed video mode, I never tried to nuke the space ships unless I knew I had a martian bomb..

I think you get a freebie evertime. Just as you can't use more than one in one video mode session, even if you got more.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The way things are going for me, I'm not sure having an extra bomb would help me defeat vid mode! Best I've done is 40 saucers.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The video mode bomb has nothing to do with the Martian bombs. You get one use per video mode, always. It destroys the mother ship/cow too if you can save it long enough.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I've played a lot of AFM, the real table I mean. Great game for sure! On TPA I got the wizard goals cleared and 60-65B something as my score to beat. Got to aim for 1k HOF points then, about 100B probably. I've had a couple of whiskeys so maybe not tonight :)

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Shot ~90B. Looks like 120B or so is needed for 1k HOF. Hopefully tomorrow!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Two cow videos in a row, more failed attempts. Meanwhile I scored my second 1 billion bonus without really trying. Go figure.

Probably because of the speed of the table and having 4 ball multiball, I've had a large number of balls go magically through a flipper. You know the deal, you have one on the flipper already, you flip just as another ball is about to make contact with the first ball, and one goes right through. I thought this had been fixed game wide, but apparently it's still a thing. I tend to laugh though, as every time it happens I picture a magician with those metal hoops, making them magically interlock.

Looking forward to drawing a new table tonight, as I'm done being obsessed with beating the vid mode.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Close the thread all you want Trap. The video mode will still be there... taunting you... forever...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Close the thread all you want Trap. The video mode will still be there... taunting you... forever...

I'm gonna wind up with a list of tables I need just one last wizard goal for. So far Genie and AFM are on it. Wonder what that will look like when we've gone through every table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.