Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
wo wo wo you hurt Gorgar and no class human !!!!! Centaur is the best table on TPA right now your "garbage" is my treasure.

"Best" table on TPA arcade right now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big dogs over at Farsight just recently said that T2 was one of the best tables ever created. I don't think I've heard them mention "Centaur" at all, not to mention official ranking and sales disagree with you.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
mmm, maybe not the best but surely one of them and definitely the most beautiful pin!
Here's mine:
004.JPG

Yup, just a gorgeous table. You are a lucky duck, my friend!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Enough with the "my favorite is better than your favorite" stuff, guys. 'Tis simply a matter of personal taste, which is obviously subjective.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I was thinking the same thing, Jeff. It's like some people around here can't just enjoy a table for its own merits without bringing down other tables.

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
I had no idea the inside walls of the machine also had art on them. Makes it look even more bombastic than it already does. I hope they fix this someday (it's missing in the iOS version at least).

They are not original, but they look like they always should have been there! At least to me...

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
"Best" table on TPA arcade right now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big dogs over at Farsight just recently said that T2 was one of the best tables ever created. I don't think I've heard them mention "Centaur" at all, not to mention official ranking and sales disagree with you.
your answer is correct however when pinball came into my life there was no such thing as T2 . you found tables like centaur .EBD , Gorgar, HH and early SS tables of that era. It is those tables i will always like the most . The DMD era came later in my life. There are also folks that like the EM tables but they were a bit before my time to appreciate them.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
On the other hand, T2 is an awful table simply because everything you can do on the table is pretty much pointless compared to the super jackpot which is based on the cannon. The table itself plays so great, much better than Centaur (and this has nothing to do with the DMD era, it's just pure Ritchie), but the ruleset and score dissonance pretty much ruins it.

Ok, so the table can be a lot of fun to play, but as soon as you put emphasis on the score, all the fun is sucked out of it. I'd never include it in a tournament.

All of this is justmy opinion, of course.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I was thinking the same thing, Jeff. It's like some people around here can't just enjoy a table for its own merits without bringing down other tables.

I think the same thing every time I see countless posts about how "terrible" Dr. Dude and Harley Davidson are.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
These types of comments don't really serve anything besides instigating.
I'm not instigating anything. On the contrary I'm defending the majority of users, pointing out that most of the people here are mature enough to not bash the tables that they dislike (well except from HD I guess, but that's a general consensus).
Considering you're the one who used up four lines in all caps to directly laugh at someone else's opinion, I think it's too late for you to accuse others of instigating conflict ;)

Anyway, I'm not here to fight you, and my comment wasn't meant as an insult to you, so peace out. :)

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I'm defending the majority of users, pointing out that most of the people here are mature enough to not bash the tables that they dislike (well except from HD I guess, but that's a general consensus).

That makes zero sense!!! lol.

It's cool though, I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was just enjoying a good debate.

Last edited:

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
HD is my wife's favorite table, followed closely by Scared Stiff

...I wish I could say I shared her opinion ;)
To each their own..
I'm already real curious how season 3's going to pan out!
My guess is you can read the future on the now-closed table polls.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
HD is my wife's favorite table, followed closely by Scared Stiff

...I wish I could say I shared her opinion ;)
To each their own..
I'm already real curious how season 3's going to pan out!
My guess is you can read the future on the now-closed table polls.

My wife's favorite is "Whirlwind". She hates "Funhouse" the most (Tied with "Gorgar") which is probably my 3rd most disliked table on TPA. It's just an annoying table, and I still don't really understand the rule set completely. Listening to that creepy doll dude just kills any desire I have for trying to learn it.

As for next season, I'd be thrilled the entire year if we got "Bram Stoker's Dracula". The rest is just a bonus.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
What was this thread about again :confused:

Now let's talk about what tables all our neighbors does not like. wink, wink. Sorry I could not help myself, It's all good, carry on ;)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
My wife's favorite is "Whirlwind". She hates "Funhouse" the most (Tied with "Gorgar") which is probably my 3rd most disliked table on TPA. It's just an annoying table, and I still don't really understand the rule set completely. Listening to that creepy doll dude just kills any desire I have for trying to learn it.

As for next season, I'd be thrilled the entire year if we got "Bram Stoker's Dracula". The rest is just a bonus.

As a Lawlor fan, this is my exact taste as well - love Whirlwind, hate Funhouse. Well, that is mostly because of the themes. I love water-themed tables (Wild Water is my personal "Whirldwind sequel" in terms of theme) and can´t stand repetetive "wacky" music or clowns.

What was this thread about again :confused:

Now let's talk about what tables all our neighbors does not like. wink, wink. Sorry I could not help myself, It's all good, carry on ;)

Yeah, it´s mostly in good fun I assume ;)

Last edited:

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Wild Water is my personal "Whirldwind sequel" in terms of theme

I assume you mean "White Water"?

If so, I actually don't really like it that much. I mean, it's ok, but I just don't dig the table setup. (and while having a fast pinball fly all over hell definitely fits the theme of the table, it's just really not that much fun to me.)

I wanna try out this "Earthshaker" everyone keeps talking about!

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
As a Lawlor fan, this is my exact taste as well - love Whirlwind, hate Funhouse. Well, that is mostly because of the themes. I love water-themed tables (Wild Water is my personal "Whirldwind sequel" in terms of theme) and can´t stand repetetive "wacky" music or clowns.

Here's the funny part, because, for me, when I had first tried out Whirlwind, on the Williams PHOF collection, I didn't enjoy it much, but shortly after I gave it more of a chance, and it's ended up becoming one of my favorite tables. Layout's nice, has some nice challenge, it's got some cool elements to it, and the audiovisual part is great too (love the music). FunHouse, though... I still like it, but not as much.

I assume you mean "White Water"?

If so, I actually don't really like it that much. I mean, it's ok, but I just don't dig the table setup. (and while having a fast pinball fly all over hell definitely fits the theme of the table, it's just really not that much fun to me.)

Like I had said on another thread, I'm not that big on White Water either. It has grown on me since then, sure, but I'm still not as huge on it as everyone else is. And again, I dig Nordman's other tables on TPA, even Dr. Dude!

...I've also recently realized that the Pinball Illusions/True Pinball table Xtreme Sports seems to share a similar layout to White Water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts