Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
one thing which realy could boost TPA sales is increase of it's poor quality level.

Is it really that bad? I do notice enough differences with real tables, but for a computer game I'm pretty pleased with the way the games work....
Probably a lot of people that play TPA never even played the real pins and don't know there are some things wrong or not working correctly?
I mostly use it for fun (when I'm not around a real pin) or for building up game knowledge of pins I don't have around somewhere to play....
Scores on TPA don't really interest me at all, as they are absurdly high compared to real pins, also if you buy a slow tablet you can get much higher scores very easily, and there is a lot of difference in consoles also probably, just the fact that you can use a controller for example.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
CC13, oops I just realised that when you said it, I kinda thought Bone Busters was a late 80's but wasn't sure about Light's Camera Action until I looked it up on the ipdb. Sorry but if it's 1989, let's just say for this time their close enough to the 90's. Next time I will do my Homework before I post anything Pinball related. Either way those are my favorite Gotlieb games and I played all of them in real life, and Visual Pinball also.

tizzomr

Feb 10, 2013
I'm going with Tales From The Crypt and Victory. These would make the most sense IMHO. They'd make me happy too :).

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
the way people diss packs with early tables in them makes me want to strap them to a chair and play harley davidson for two days straight

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
the way people diss packs with early tables in them makes me want to strap them to a chair and play harley davidson for two days straight

I wouldn't mind that.

Seriously never understood all that hate that table gets. It's not very complicated, but it at least has nice shots.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I wouldn't mind that.

Seriously never understood all that hate that table gets. It's not very complicated, but it at least has nice shots.

No kidding.

I'd rather be strapped to a chair, forced to play Harley Davidson until the end of time, rather than spend a single day playing garbage like "Gorgar" or "Centaur". (Or just about any SS table)

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
One man's garbage is another man's gold.

And sometimes if you keep playing with a turd long enough, you´ll discover a little gold nugget inside!

That happen with Flight 2000 tonight. I decided to finally check out what that ridiculous mess is all about, and man, I didn´t expect to have such a great time. It took me a million tries to even start multiball, but boy, what a rush. Slingshot and spinner galore!

I wouldn't mind that.

Me neither. It´s dumb, easy and mindless fun. I love the sound effects on that one. And the biker theme is actually executed pretty well. It´s cheesy, and quite a lot, but I enjoy it for what it is.

In general I don´t need every single table in TPA to be an endlessly complex DMD masterpiece. Sometimes early SS or EM tables can be simple, yet challenging fun. On many modern tables like, say, Monster Bash, I sometimes get a bit discouraged by all the STUFF I can (and haveto, for a high score) do.

Nothing like a little Big Shot drop target practice or some ridiculously fast Firepower sessions to sharpen my skills! If TPA didn´t have such a broad range of pinball styles in it, I honestly doubt I´d be playing it that much.

On many tables I just keep playing for a couple of coins, see if I can beat whatever crappy score I set previously, but rarely really focus on a single table for more than a few days at a time.

Last edited:

Arjan

Feb 23, 2013
Personally, I think "Theatre of Magic" is the best table in the world. :)

mmm, maybe not the best but surely one of them and definitely the most beautiful pin!
Here's mine:
004.JPG

Last edited:

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
After I've gotten used to playing IRL TOM, I can't play the TPA version at all. Everything feels so wrong about it, and 70% of the time, I have no control of where the ball is going. On the positive side, it's less easy to just repeat shots to the center ramp over and over.

It's a fun table, but far from the top, IMO.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
No kidding.

I'd rather be strapped to a chair, forced to play Harley Davidson until the end of time, rather than spend a single day playing garbage like "Gorgar" or "Centaur". (Or just about any SS table)
wo wo wo you hurt Gorgar and no class human !!!!! Centaur is the best table on TPA right now your "garbage" is my treasure.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
mmm, maybe not the best but surely one of them and definitely the most beautiful pin!
Here's mine:
004.JPG

I had no idea the inside walls of the machine also had art on them. Makes it look even more bombastic than it already does. I hope they fix this someday (it's missing in the iOS version at least).

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
You like to shoot at magic trunks, dont you. :D

Looking at the leaderboards there more people playing BS and Centaur then HD, DD or FH.

Sweet.

Now look at where TOM ranks compared to where the tables you listed rank.

Case closed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts