Table Pack 20 Announced! Cue Ball Wizard™ and El Dorado City of Gold™

Status
Not open for further replies.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Terrible and really disappointing.

CBW is a garbage table. Really really bad and horribly unbalanced. Can't wait for next season because this one ended in a hard splat.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Still no Eight Ball Deluxe?

(He says to all of the people who failed to vote for it, because it was a sure thing.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Cue Ball Wizard is a really fun pinball machine. Can hardly wait to play the virtual version!

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I wonder if the price is the same, cause come on.... Last few packs i dont feel it anymore.

We need a new candle with brandnew light. Bring in some modern sterns!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I am not a fan either of Cue Ball Wizard. I played it IRL right after it came out. It is my least favorite pool themed pinball machine. I always thought that the real cue ball in the pinball machine was a hokey toy.

I still look forward to playing it in TPA. There are other machines that I didn't like IRL that I found fun playing in TPA, Black Hole comes to mind.

Retron

Oct 31, 2013
Two more Gottlieb tables. What's more to say?
"You sure need that ramp shot!"

I've fond memories of playing Cue Ball Wizard around 15 years ago as part of the Microsoft Pinball Arcade (which had a table from each decade from the 40s to the 90s - Cue Ball Wizard was the 90s table).

Here's what state-of-the-art looked like in pinball emulation terms in 1998. I can't wait to see what it looks like in TPA!

mtnfxh.jpg

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
you miserable lot, i'm sure these will be fun, and easily worth the £3 or so they will cost, ie less than the price of a pint of beer, and you can play them forever after paying just once. reading those facebook comments was just depressing, i don't understand why people can be so negative if they truly love pinball - maybe that's it, maybe they're just not pinball people, but gamers who stumbled on this app, and expect every game to be a 90s DMD classic.

i prefer the DMD games too, but for the price, these are fantastic. assuming you don't live near PAPA or similar HQ, where else are you gonna go play a Cue Ball Wizard or an El Dorado, in 2013? i look forward to these, i'll buy them on day 1, and even if they turn out to be less fun than some other titles, they're still pinball.

also, if they only released titles from the top 100, their sales would just peter out after a couple of years, and i'd like to think they'll still be churning out games 5-10 years from now.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I am not a fan either of Cue Ball Wizard. I played it IRL right after it came out. It is my least favorite pool themed pinball machine. I always thought that the real cue ball in the pinball machine was a hokey toy.

according to IPD the cue ball was an operator option. I imagine all operators included the option ?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I'm fine with those tables, and anyway, It's the only way I could play them now... pinball machines are really rare to see nowadays...
and If I happen to don't like them, that's ok, there's already a lot of tables I like ^^

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
you miserable lot, i'm sure these will be fun, and easily worth the £3 or so they will cost, ie less than the price of a pint of beer, and you can play them forever after paying just once. reading those facebook comments was just depressing, i don't understand why people can be so negative if they truly love pinball - maybe that's it, maybe they're just not pinball people, but gamers who stumbled on this app, and expect every game to be a 90s DMD classic.

i prefer the DMD games too, but for the price, these are fantastic. assuming you don't live near PAPA or similar HQ, where else are you gonna go play a Cue Ball Wizard or an El Dorado, in 2013? i look forward to these, i'll buy them on day 1, and even if they turn out to be less fun than some other titles, they're still pinball.

also, if they only released titles from the top 100, their sales would just peter out after a couple of years, and i'd like to think they'll still be churning out games 5-10 years from now.

I don't care if they're DMD or not. CBW is a bad table.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
well on ipdb it got an average 7.43 out of 10, from 57 ratings (all time no 169), and it sold over 5000 units: it was relatively popular, and relatively successful. you may not like it, but you can hardly blame Farsight for that.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=610

Exactly. Those who are dogging on it must not have been around the pinball scene when it first came out, because I remember seeing it in an arcade back then and people were playing it like crazy.

Last edited:

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Exactly. Those who are dogging on it must not have been around the pinball scene when it first came out, because I remember seeing it in an arcade back then and people were playing it like crazy.

Really because I remember in the arcade when no one was touching it and people were playing Williams tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online