Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Personally I think the giant cue ball in the middle of the table might be an interesting toy, ao I'm excited to find out how it plays.

I have the advantage of not having played any of the tables in TPA prior to them released, so I take a fresh look at them without any prior knowledge.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I only played this version previously, and to be honest, it doesn't seem too exciting.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
then it looks like i was right when said what FS is going through Gottlieb's top 10 list from top to the bottom =D

I don't know if they'll go "From top to bottom", but we'll def. see 1 or 2 more. I'd like to think they'll have the Williams issue worked out by then.

I'd be thrilled if we got "Rescue 9-11" instead of "Street Fighter". I haven't played that table in forever!

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Street Fighter II may need a kickstarter due to the big licence (admittedly no actor's likenesses but still a very popular franchise), and/or Capcom will need to be confident in putting it's name to a video game it didn't make. Not that Capcom's brand recognition is particularly good these days. It also falls into the problem of "Zen already did a SF table" that we have with SW, though as it was one table it might not be a huge issue.

Long story short, there's probably a lot more effort to get SFII than most other tables.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Capcom seems pretty liberal with their licenses. They even turned a popular fangame into an official Capcom release (Mega Man vs. Street Fighter), and Street Fighter II HD Remix was entirely a fan project, too.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Capcom seems pretty liberal with their licenses. They even turned a popular fangame into an official Capcom release (Mega Man vs. Street Fighter), and Street Fighter II HD Remix was entirely a fan project, too.

Also, bear in mind that if SFII was likely to need a Kickstarter, it would have ended up in the Premium Licensed poll during the Top Ten Table Polls, rather than the Gottlieb/Premier poll (both Freddy & Stargate were in the Premium Licensed poll, with neither one making the top 10, to my chagrin).

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
I guess that leaves out EBD as a possibility.

With that said, I believe that Table Pack 20 is going to feature the following:

Featured Table: Cue Ball Wizard
Supporting Table: El Dorado: City of Gold
Table of the Month: The Champion Pub

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Just because Farsight needed to renegotiate with Williams doesn't mean that EBD is ruled out of Table Pack #20, they were commenting about the recent flurry of Gottlieb tables. For all we know they might have already scored another 20 table deal with Williams/Bally and the two Gottlieb packs were a stopgap in between.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Just because Farsight needed to renegotiate with Williams doesn't mean that EBD is ruled out of Table Pack #20, they were commenting about the recent flurry of Gottlieb tables. For all we know they might have already scored another 20 table deal with Williams/Bally and the two Gottlieb packs were a stopgap in between.

There's nothing wrong with holding out for hope! lol

(Though I hope you're wrong!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts