Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
EBD and El Dorado are very similar (drop targets and more than 2 flippers) which speaks against this couple. Both are from the same era.

There was never any hint at CBW, though. CBW was #3 in the poll and has a DMD.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I think that news update of TPA hitting Steam is all we will be getting this week. :\
this has been the big thing. i expect an announcement on the next release in the next week which will be CBW and eldorado and probably champion pub for table of month. They also got a patch out overnight for the last build so thats out of the way.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Come on Farsight, just confirm Cue Ball Wizard and El Dorado already...

El Dorado is definite. That clue can be nothing else. But the pool themed table can be Eight Ball Deluxe, Cue Ball Wizard, or even Sharkey's Shootout if they want to bring up the number of Stern pins. I'm sure they will tell us this coming week.

night

May 18, 2012
From a commercial point of view; I kind of wonder if this upcoming table pack will bring in the sales for FarSight.. A pool theme and a 1975 table..

deimos256

Jun 4, 2013
From a commercial point of view; I kind of wonder if this upcoming table pack will bring in the sales for FarSight.. A pool theme and a 1975 table..

Is El Dorado going to be the 1975 EM, or city of gold, which is quite different? They are both Gottlieb.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Is El Dorado going to be the 1975 EM, or city of gold, which is quite different? They are both Gottlieb.

Probably El Dorado: City of Gold, since the table has been released by Farsight previously in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection.

N

netizen

All the focus on CW and EBD has forgotten the more modern EBD clone from Stern that placed in the polls as well .... and has a bit of a hustling theme to it

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
All the focus on CW and EBD has forgotten the more modern EBD clone from Stern that placed in the polls as well .... and has a bit of a hustling theme to it

Now this would be a welcome surprise!

Both GAF and Wikipedia believe it's going to be 8-Ball Deluxe. Now of course that doesn't really mean anything, but it's interesting since the consensus here is that it's Cue Ball Wizard. I think it would be cool if we were all wrong, and it's something like this.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Hopefully, we'll see the two tables today.

Wait- if Mechanix is banned, how is he going to give us all five dollars if it's Cue Ball Wizard?

You've got that backwards. He was going to do that (even if jokingly) if it WASN'T CBW. He was the biggest advocate of CBW and was the one who brought it up in the first place.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
EBD and El Dorado need to be confirmed already! Bobby dropped the EBD confirmation on the Allgames.com podcast months ago.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
You've got that backwards. He was going to do that (even if jokingly) if it WASN'T CBW. He was the biggest advocate of CBW and was the one who brought it up in the first place.

Well then the guy is borderline genius if it turns out to be Cue Ball Wizard. Hopefully he comes back with a different name and is cool next time, cause we need more people like that on this forum.

Anyways. My guess is CBW. If it's not CBW, then it's Sharkey's Shootout. Which would be awesome, IMO, the game looks great. I'd be shocked if it's EBD, shocked in a good way :).

So right now it's a 65% chance it's going to be awesome (Sharkey's or EBD) and 35% chance it's going to suck (CBW). We'll know any day now when the screen shots come. Regardless this is the first time in a long time that the reveal has been exciting!

As classic as EBD is, releasing it with an EM is not wise. We've had early 80's two packs before, but never EM + early SS. And Farsight knows that DMD games sell. That's why IMO it's more likely we'll see CBW or Sharkeys.

I'm happy no matter what. If it's EBD I will do cartwheels. If it's Sharkey's I will do less intensive jumping jacks. If it's CBW I will go into convulsions repeating to myself over and over "it's ok, it's ok, it's ok that's the last premier ever it's ok it's ok it's ok".

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well then the guy is borderline genius if it turns out to be Cue Ball Wizard. Hopefully he comes back with a different name and is cool next time, cause we need more people like that on this forum.

He actually claimed "a little bird" told him it was CBW. Not sure who would've told him though.

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013

I had thought of this as a possibility also since it is a DMD game, but would require extra licensing since the game uses the likeness of professional pool player "The Black Widow" Jeanette Lee.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Hey Mark is it possible to just change your name and come back? I hate for any bodies opinion to be left out it just makes things more interesting and gives another point of view that might not have been thought of.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't think it would be a difficult or expensive license to get. Certainly not a kickstarter type price. Plus Jeanette Lee is worth it. ;)

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Hey Mark is it possible to just change your name and come back? I hate for any bodies opinion to be left out it just makes things more interesting and gives another point of view that might not have been thought of.

Yes unless he was IP banned. Which is unlikely, unless Pinball Arcade Fans is super duper strict, or unless the guy did something really really bad (which wasn't the case), he probably isn't ip banned.

It's kind of a taboo thing to talk about, but yeah he could if he wanted. And I hope he does, I liked him he even apologized to me in PM , and I wasnt' even pissed off at what he said. He's a good dude.

He actually claimed "a little bird" told him it was CBW. Not sure who would've told him though.

Well. A friend of a friend of a friend. It happens.

Well, genius or insider, whichever is the case, I hope he returns.

I don't think it would be a difficult or expensive license to get. Certainly not a kickstarter type price. Plus Jeanette Lee is worth it. ;)

Oh, wow. Jeanette Lee is amazing! Yep right there on the backglass. So does she do speech for the game as well? I'm now 10X more stoked to get this machine.

So many good pool themed tables. EBD, Sharkey's Shootout,Breakshot, Big Shot, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts