Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Yes unless he was IP banned. Which is unlikely, unless Pinball Arcade Fans is super duper strict, or unless the guy did something really really bad (which wasn't the case), he probably isn't ip banned.

It's kind of a taboo thing to talk about, but yeah he could if he wanted. And I hope he does, I liked him he even apologized to me in PM , and I wasnt' even pissed off at what he said. He's a good dude.

I guess since we don't know what was said we should just leave it alone.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I guess since we don't know what was said we should just leave it alone.

Yeah. I agree. It's not our business. I was involved a little with one of the scuffles, but he was banned for something else that I had nothing to do with.

Anyways, moving on;

This looks great man. Really really solid looking table. And we are well overdue for a modern Stern.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, no more talk of the banned guy. He was banned for valid reasons, so let's move on. If he returns, he'll probably do the same stuff and be banned again. Back on topic.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah, no more talk of the banned guy. He was banned for valid reasons, so let's move on. If he returns, he'll probably do the same stuff and be banned again. Back on topic.

Many learn from their mistakes ! Have faith in people :) Moooooooo-ving on, as Bally/Williams would say as they love cows.

More Sharkey's Video:

With so many great pool themed tables, it would be such a shame to get Cue Ball Wizard. I guess we shall see. Any guesses/ideas when the screen shots will emerge? Is today a possibility?

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Stuart told me maybe this weekend but no promises possibly a beta Monday but you know how unexpected things come up.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Stuart told me maybe this weekend but no promises possibly a beta Monday but you know how unexpected things come up.

Right on.

Wow. The art package of Eight Ball Deluxe is just breathtaking. Just have a look for yourselves guys: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=762&picno=3154

Now look how awful Cue Ball Wizard's art looks by comparison: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=610&picno=584

Skarkey's Shootout isn't quite as classy as Eight Ball Deluxe, but it get's the job done. Plus of course, how can you go wrong with Janette Lee on the Backglass: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4492&picno=18806

Better look at Sharkey's Shootout backglass:

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok Mark, we get it. You dislike Premier tables, but please stop posting about it every other post. This is not the kind of negativity we want our members/visitors reading about every time they visit our forums.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I have actually seen Sharkey's Shootout at two bowling alleys, but never have actually got a chance to play them. Other games that I didn't play were Austin Powers, Revenge From Mars, Dracula, South Park, Road Show (broken), Freddy, and a few others that I probably can't name right now. I haven't seen them ever since I was like 4 or 5. For Freddy, it was too scary for my age a few years later, even when I could see the game without the need of a chair.

And man, did I miss out.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ok Mark, we get it. You dislike Premier tables, but please stop posting about it every other post. This is not the kind of negativity we want our members/visitors reading about every time they visit our forums.

As much as I like to jump all over Mr. Wyda sometimes, I have to agree with him.
I love Gottlieb/Premier tables for their quirkiness, but CBW really is the weakest pool themed table barring very few. While it has some neat ideas, it really isn't executed that well and there is basically no center as it's all plugged up (one small loop) with toys (the cue is kinda cool though).

I had sharkey's shootout at my bowling alley when i was a kid and it was one of the pins that took my money a lot when i would predominantly ignore pins for the nearest Mortal Kombat. It was fun and would be a worthy addition, but Eight Ball Deluxe is an unmatched classic. A perfect example of beauty in simplicity. Honestly, this game in my opinion beats high speed out for having a narrative: Sink all your balls, shoot the eight and then go for your deluxe. Not much of one, but still, it's there, and it's grand. It's actually astounding what they did with not much more than 4 shots essentially.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
As much as I like to jump all over Mr. Wyda sometimes, I have to agree with him.
I love Gottlieb/Premier tables for their quirkiness, but CBW really is the weakest pool themed table barring very few. While it has some neat ideas, it really isn't executed that well and there is basically no center as it's all plugged up (one small loop) with toys (the cue is kinda cool though).

I had sharkey's shootout at my bowling alley when i was a kid and it was one of the pins that took my money a lot when i would predominantly ignore pins for the nearest Mortal Kombat. It was fun and would be a worthy addition, but Eight Ball Deluxe is an unmatched classic. A perfect example of beauty in simplicity. Honestly, this game in my opinion beats high speed out for having a narrative: Sink all your balls, shoot the eight and then go for your deluxe. Not much of one, but still, it's there, and it's grand. It's actually astounding what they did with not much more than 4 shots essentially.

While we don't mind our forum members voicing their opinions (that's what this forum is here for) , we would prefer not to hear about it 20+ times from the same member.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
guys, sometimes when i'm reading your posts about "weak" tables i just wonder: are you really like pinball? - personally for me it could be not bad at all to get two packs of double EM in a row.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
guys, sometimes when i'm reading your posts about "weak" tables i just wonder: are you really like pinball? - personally for me it could be not bad at all to get two packs of double EM in a row.

I'm nothing like pinball.

Only two balls, no flipper (i have arms instead) and decidedly human.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

I would love two good EMs over what we've been getting, sure .

I guess I'm a little like pinball. I do have legs and a playfield if you wanna call it that.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'd actually like to see CBW since the Microsoft version has been pretty dated. It would be a surprise to see Sharkey's instead.

OR: Maybe they'll pair Sharkey's with EBD as an upcoming table pack. It'd be something like "The EBD Pack" LOL

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Wildly unlikely, but imagine if it was Breakshot, and Farsight used that as an intro to Capcom, and that BBB would be part of pack #21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts