Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Hmm, I wonder if ROM patching is easy to do at Farsight, because it that's the case then we could very well see Stern's Star Trek as a surprise premium table. The only problem is that the ROM isn't fully finished, which would be a huge disadvantage if Farsight have to rely on having a finished ROM before scripting it... but if not then it could very easily be done for Table Pack 20.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Hmm, I wonder if ROM patching is easy to do at Farsight, because it that's the case then we could very well see Stern's Star Trek as a surprise premium table. The only problem is that the ROM isn't fully finished, which would be a huge disadvantage if Farsight have to rely on having a finished ROM before scripting it... but if not then it could very easily be done for Table Pack 20.

I would be very disappointed if that was their choice from the Premium selection. :-(

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Lettuce, you also forgot Fire!, that's a good game. It is about the great fire in Chicago, where apparently a cow kicked over a lantern in it's barn. It is also the Machine that started all those Cow jokes that are in Pinball Machines, one more thing when you put in the credits and push the start button a cow moo's at the beginning if anybody's ever noticed.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Once the last re-release gets out there, I'm gonna get very excited.

Assuming Victory is the re-release in table pack 19 that leaves us:

Ace High
El Dorado City Of Gold
Strikes n' Spares
Jive Time
Sorcerer

So April 2014 for completely new packs then! Unless they decide not to re-do all of them which I think I heard/read here somewhere...

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Wasn't sorcerer also off the list according to FS? Leaves us with 2 more remakes.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Assuming Victory is the re-release in table pack 19 that leaves us:

Ace High
El Dorado City Of Gold
Strikes n' Spares
Jive Time
Sorcerer

So April 2014 for completely new packs then! Unless they decide not to re-do all of them which I think I heard/read here somewhere...

You missed Play-Boy from the Gottlieb Collection. As for Jive Time, they said on several occasions on their Facebook page that, "it doesn't look good for Jive Time." They have never said anything about Play-Boy. They actually confirmed Strikes and Spares a while back, but there was such a an outrage by the fans that they may have reconsidered. Still, they haven't made an official statement since the initial Facebook one (about Strikes and Spares.)

Personally, I would like to see all of these because I am OCD. Especially Jive Time. I actually like that one a lot.

Edit: and, oh yeah. Sorcerer. They said at one point that they MIGHT not do that one because their contract with Williams only allowed so many tables. Since they are going to go on a few more years than initially announced, they are going to have to renegotiate their deal with Williams, so this should no longer be an issue. So, yes, I think we'll see it.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
FT, RS, and HS2 all seem like viable options for the "A" title of the pack. Sorcerer would be nice, as would EBD.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
we just got HH for Halloween i doubt we will get another halloween table this year inless your thinking next year. the next pack was class of 1812 and i forgot the other table anyhow.

Pack #19 (probably) has Victory paired with Class Of 1812, I agree. Haunted House and Class Of 1812 in successive packs is plenty for Halloween. I doubt we'll see any more horror-themed stuff this year. I'm still guessing we'll see High Speed with Fish Tales, though one of those might be replaced with Eight Ball Deluxe or Sorcerer.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Seeing as the rest of the re-released tables are a tad lack luster (apart from maybe Sorcerer), im guessing the new table to the following 5 packs will be more modern big hitters, than what we have seen in the last few table packs.

What tables (other than the re-released tables) have been hinted at:

The Getaway
Fish Tales
Rollercoaster Tyccon

but what else??

Just being curious, where did they hint at this? I missed that.

That troll looks incredibly dumb on the table and from what I can tell he´s kinda annoying as well, but I love these weird, loud Stern-era Lawlor tables. And rollercoasters are a great theme for a pinball!

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I think we can expect to see the Dracula tables and the other horror tables coming out for future Halloween table packs. Don't count on seeing them anytime soon is my bet. There are only so many horror or scary themed tables. TPA will need to stretch them out for the future Halloween packs.

karl

May 10, 2012
Just being curious, where did they hint at this? I missed that.

That troll looks incredibly dumb on the table and from what I can tell he´s kinda annoying as well, but I love these weird, loud Stern-era Lawlor tables. And rollercoasters are a great theme for a pinball!

I believe Lettuce knows something we mortals do not ;) There have been nothing to indicate either Getaway or Fish tales soon. (in fact Bobby have said more than once that he would like to do High speed before The Getaway). Fish Tales is only on so many peoples mind because it is on top of many wish lists of the unlicensed tables left (most of us think it will come soon, but no word from FS on the subject that I can recall)

Roller coaster Tycoon is one of the few Stern tables that does not carry any heavy license and Gerry Stern said something like: "RCT has had a big jump in popularity after FS did a recreation of it, no sorry wait, it was Ripley".

So, all that happened was an Old man that got two titles mixed up and we assume it is coming soon (Btw: that interview was more than a year ago :) )

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Bobby did mention Getaway in one of the interviews. He said he'd like to find a way to make you move your hand when you need to shift. So they have at least considered it. But it is not confirmed as far as I know.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Bobby did mention Getaway in one of the interviews. He said he'd like to find a way to make you move your hand when you need to shift. So they have at least considered it. But it is not confirmed as far as a know.

On mobile, I'd imagine it would just be the same as the trigger and magnasave buttons.

On consoles, the only way to do it would be the right stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts