Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
And there was me immediately thinking "Big Guns"

Either way, I'm happy with what we're getting, and VERY happy at the recent surge of Gottlieb tables. Just a few months ago I'd have been happy with just Haunted House and that'd have been it for SS Gotlieb, but Tee'd Off, Class of 18?? and Victory have really impressed me.

I totally agree Rudy. I have always been a big supporter and fan of Williams and Bally, but l have to say I am just loving all these great Gottlieb tables. There was a serious unbalancing going on with how few Gottlieb tables we had to play in TPA. These new tables have balanced everything out. Now it's Stern that has some catching up to do.

I am thrilled with every single table TPA has given us.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So it's going to be either EBD or Cue Ball Wizard (Man, I miss playing that game...would LOVE to play that game again. Microsoft's version is HARD with failed shots to the ramp.)

That's true Cue Ball Wizard is a possibility. I beleive it came third on the Gottlieb/Premier poll. Just below Haunted House and Class of 1812. Maybe they plan to simply do the top ten Gottlieb tables in order.

But seriously, I still think it is Eight Ball Deluxe.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Fishing pole case also looks like that. Fish Tales?
b0sy.jpg

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
"Cue Ball Wizard" > "Eight Ball Deluxe" any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

It's not even close.

Oh well, if getting "Eight Ball Deluxe" means that Sotie will stop ranting and raving about it, I'm all for it! ;-). (I kid, I kid!)

This would appear to be a pack that I have zero interest in. I'm just glad these two tables will be out of the way, so we can move on to better tables like "Fish Tales"!

Last edited:

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
So its going to be Eldorado with a Billiards theme table. Nice, but I much rather have EBD and I feel this might be Cue Ball Wizard with the streak of Gottelibs coming in.

Have to ask, what does Hustle mean in billiards?

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
I'm not sure why it would be EBD considering all the Gottlieb tables recently. It would be a bizarre snub if the other table in #20 is also a Gottlieb one. CBW seems to make the most sense here.

I certainly hope it's CBW, it's actually tops on my wishlist with 1812 and T2 right behind. I have the music and voices tattooed on my brain from these three at my college bar. It would be sweet to have the ones I remember most in there.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
So its going to be Eldorado with a Billiards theme table. Nice, but I much rather have EBD and I feel this might be Cue Ball Wizard with the streak of Gottelibs coming in.

Pretending to be really terrible for a few games and then suddenly start getting "lucky" and winning.

See "The Hustler" and "The Color of Money" for details.

Last edited:

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I'm not sure why it would be EBD considering all the Gottlieb tables recently. It would be a bizarre snub if the other table in #20 is also a Gottlieb one. CBW seems to make the most sense here.

I certainly hope it's CBW, it's actually tops on my wishlist with 1812 and T2 right behind. I have the music and voices tattooed on my brain from these three at my college bar. It would be sweet to have the ones I remember most in there.

I agree.

I usually play CBW at a local arcade, it's a blast to play! It's also the best pool themed table in my opinion.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Indeed! Not to mention, CBW is a DMD table. According to Farsight, the table packs that contain a DMD table sell better than those that don't.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

You haven't seen "the color of money"? Imagine you are in an arcade and see some kid playing pinball (pool) really poorly. He keeps feeding the machine money and not only can't he hit any target, he doesn't seem to have any strategic sense, not even aware of where to score points or what shots to avoid. He asks if you want to play a game. You go easy on him but still win but he thinks he was close. He offers you to play a game with a couple of bucks as a wager to make it interesting. You win again. He's getting frustrated and raises the stakes, but your on top of your game and you win again. He makes an offer for a game over a ridiculously high amount if money, and as you see how the stress has made him loose his mind and his judgement, along with how well you have been playing, it's just an offer you can't refuse. A chance like this doesn't come along too often. Amazingly he actually wins! The ball just bounces the luckiest one in a million shots, he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing but the ball bounces incredibly and he wins! You get a chance to double or nothing, and this luck is impossible to reproduce so you almost insist on a rematch yourself. But he manages to win again! Even luckier, and by a measly point! Unbelievable! Your don't have any money left, but you must win it back, so as you know you are better and you know you will win next game, you put your car down as a bet, you know you will win! As you sit on the bus home, you feel like it was the unluckiest day of your life. But you were hustled. He knew what he was doing all along.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Indeed! Not to mention, CBW is a DMD table. According to Farsight, the table packs that contain a DMD table sell better than those that don't.

I'm really torn on this hint. The recent string of Gottliebs, and as you say it's a DMD, makes me think that it is indeed Cue Ball Wizard. I wonder if the Gottlieb license is expiring or something and Farsight is just getting the Gottliebs they want to do out of the way?

The thing is though. Bobby confirmed that 8-Ball Deluxe is coming. He said its the next classic Bally straight out, 100% confirmed. I'm happy either way.

What's kinda funny is that CBW and EBD have like, nearly identical backglasses! Kinda crazy really. Though I prefer Ballys backglass I love thier artists from that era.

As far as sales. Cue Ball will sell cause it's DMD. Eight Ball will sell cause there's a rabid fan base for the table.

Man this one could go either way. But regardless of the outcome, we win! Great pack next month for sure.

2n2

Apr 15, 2012
I'm really torn on this hint. The recent string of Gottliebs, and as you say it's a DMD, makes me think that it is indeed Cue Ball Wizard. I wonder if the Gottlieb license is expiring or something and Farsight is just getting the Gottliebs they want to do out of the way?

The thing is though. Bobby confirmed that 8-Ball Deluxe is coming. He said its the next classic Bally straight out, 100% confirmed. I'm happy either way.

Aw dang. Wasn't aware of that. That does make either scenario believable then. Hopefully we'll get whatever it isn't at some point.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The cue ball in CBW is a cute gimmick but it ends up as something that blocks all the shots I want to make. Frustrating! :p EBD on the other hand is classic shapshooting gameplay that never gets old to me--really hope this is EBD!

N

netizen

I didn't even notice the cue case at first and was thinking some thing like Jungle Lord, or Stern's Big Game for some reason :/

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
So disappointed yet again. I personally don't want any more Gottlieb tables. The old ones are so slow and the newer ones just hand you multiball and extra balls way too easy. Season 2 is awful compared to season 1, with white water, cactus canyon, whirlwind, champion pub and t2 being the only awesome games. The others are fun, don't get me wrong, they just don't hold my attention for very long at all.
If farsight what to make more money out of season 2 they should be making fish tales, junk yard, roller coaster tycoon, monopoly, roadshow, indi500, judge dread, getaway etc or starting an Addams family kick starter. Just my two cents.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
And my initial thought was Congo because of the palm trees

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts