Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Here are the Top 40 tables that have not been released (by Pack 19):

6 The Addams Family (WMS 1992)
9 Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (WMS 1993)
17 The Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern 2003)
20 Judge Dredd (WMS 1993)
23 Fish Tales (WMS 1992)
24 The Getaway: High Speed II (WMS 1992)
26 Red & Ted's Road Show (WMS 1994)
27 Revenge From Mars (WMS 1999)
28 Bram Stoker's Dracula (WMS 1992)
29 Shadow (WMS 1994)
31 Diner (Williams 1990)
34 Indianapolis 500 (WMS 1995)
38 Cyclone (Williams 1988)
39 High Speed (Williams 1986)

That's 18, so there are plenty left. I believe the unlicensed ones as Fish Tales, High Speed 2, Road Show, Revenge From Mars, Diner, Cyclone, and High Speed. Of those, I most, by far, want to see Road Show.

Take off LOTR Limited, because it's basically the same game. I don't see Spider-Man, Jurrasic Park or LOTR happening because of the monstrous licenses. That leaves 14.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I can't in my heart of hearts fathom why on earth Farsight is putting out Cue Ball Wizard, another ho-hum, unrequested Premier that sold maybe 3k instead of 8-Ball Deluxe, which is a highly requested classic that has sold I'm excess of 17,000 units and is one of the most requested tables.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I can't in my heart of hearts fathom why on earth Farsight is putting out Cue Ball Wizard, another ho-hum, unrequested Premier that sold maybe 3k instead of 8-Ball Deluxe, which is a highly requested classic that has sold I'm excess of 17,000 units and is one of the most requested tables.

If this is true, +1. CBW is a boat anchor.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013

I've been requesting it since they released "Big Shot".

It's a great table, one that I play every time I go to the local arcade. I look at the EBD table and think "Zzzzzzzzzzzz". Again, I've never played it, and really don't care which table we get, but it came in at #3 for a reason.

2n2

Apr 15, 2012

It sounds like it's a lock at some point. Perhaps it's being held for a while to balance things out in season 3. CBW was a very close #3 on the poll, and working on Gottlieb tables in batches might be easier.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
RFM can be possible, with the right resources needed. It would have to be a console/PC exclusive, though.

Why? What's so difficult about emulating a 14 year old computer program that was probably already aged when it was released. The system that controls Pinball 2000 is about as simple as a powerpoint presentation, I doubt it would be any harder than a WPC game. FS said they don't want to do Pinball 2000 just yet though.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I've been requesting it since they released "Big Shot".

It's a great table, one that I play every time I go to the local arcade. I look at the EBD table and think "Zzzzzzzzzzzz". Again, I've never played it, and really don't care which table we get, but it came in at #3 for a reason.
the answer is right in your post. Because CBW is available to you right now in your local arcade you will be fund of it as you will tie it in to the real world experience. For me it was EBD that actually brought pinball to me and got me into pinball. It was EBD i started dropping serious coin into however unlike CBW which you can go play in your local arcade EBD vanished from the area along with arcades years ago in my area. I wish there was a local arcade i could go drop coin into EBD i would. As far as CBW i looked at it in the pinball database it looks like a nice table however i never had RL exposure.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Why? What's so difficult about emulating a 14 year old computer program that was probably already aged when it was released. The system that controls Pinball 2000 is about as simple as a powerpoint presentation, I doubt it would be any harder than a WPC game. FS said they don't want to do Pinball 2000 just yet though.

Probably because it would require having to emulate a new system just for two infrequently requested games--actually just for one game really since getting a license out of Disney for Star Wars is pretty unlikely; and because emulating the 2K screen would take more CPU which would be iffy on some mobiles, which is by far TPA's biggest market.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

We don't know that they are, remember this is still speculation.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
the answer is right in your post. Because CBW is available to you right now in your local arcade you will be fund of it as you will tie it in to the real world experience. For me it was EBD that actually brought pinball to me and got me into pinball. It was EBD i started dropping serious coin into however unlike CBW which you can go play in your local arcade EBD vanished from the area along with arcades years ago in my area. I wish there was a local arcade i could go drop coin into EBD i would. As far as CBW i looked at it in the pinball database it looks like a nice table however i never had RL exposure.

If it makes you feel any better, the place with CBW is the ONLY place in my area that even has a pinball machine. Beyond that, there really isn't any place in my area that have arcades anymore.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
That's 18, so there are plenty left. I believe the unlicensed ones as Fish Tales, High Speed 2, Road Show, Revenge From Mars, Diner, Cyclone, and High Speed. Of those, I most, by far, want to see Road Show.

And they've said Bram Stoker probably wouldn't need Kickstarting.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
And this is why we don't get nearly as many of the great pre-DMD tables as we should.

Again, I'm happy with whatever. I rarely base an opinion on table art, ESP if I've never played the table, but all EBD looks like to me is slightly upgraded "Big Shot".

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Que?

Pinball Pool is the upgraded Big Shot

LOL!

That's hilarious, I've never seen that table before. Now THAT'S an updated version!

Oh well, I still think CBW is a better choice. It's not like we won't see another pool themed table in the future anyway. (EBD). Just look at all the horror themed and space themed tables, they're endless!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Wow, Mechanix, how did you get so many dalmations? (Get it? 101 posts?)

Yo dawg, so I heard you like pool... so in Cue Ball Wizard, we put a pool ball IN YO pool ball... so you can shoot the side pocket while you shoot the side pocket. :)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Again, I'm happy with whatever. I rarely base an opinion on table art, ESP if I've never played the table, but all EBD looks like to me is slightly upgraded "Big Shot".

Really the only similarity is a side bank of drop targets, but BS has two, and they're much further up the table, and you don't shoot them with a side flipper--and in that regard EBD has much more in common with the plethora of other tables with a single side bank of drop targets. BS and EBD play very, very differently. If you're curious, there's an excellent version of EBD in Visual Pinball that is well worth checking out if you have a PC that can run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts