Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm 100% confident that it's not a big deal. They've had to do this before, after they used up all their licenses in PHOF.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Nothing keeps WMS from raising their prices though, when they see the success FS are having with TPA.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Well, someone could ask the directly on FB what the status is on it. I don't have a FB account, and I'm not going to make one just for one question, but I know there are plenty of people here who are also on FB.

But, like I said, I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
No, they can only reproduce a certain number of WMS games at a time before they need to renew the license. That's why we've only seen Gottlieb/Premier games for the past few packs.
Ahhh okay.

I'm not too bummed about Gottlieb/Premier titles. I'd like to start seeing some of the cornier/left-field ones like Hollywood Heat and Genesis though. Heck, Genesis was one of the qualifying finals tables of PAPA this year! Also, TX-Sector has to be considered purely based off the Classic Game Room review.

Nate Shivers on Coast 2 Coast gave Lights... Camera... Action! a pretty big rap as well, so that's another Gottlieb/Premier table I'd like to see.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Steam is saying you can purchase this now as part of the second season pack. So is CBW and Eldorado out on PC? Is there a new update out.
Perhaps it's for Beta testers only? It 2 weeks early for release as the last Friday of each month is generally the date new packs are available.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Steam is saying you can purchase this now as part of the second season pack. So is CBW and Eldorado out on PC? Is there a new update out.

The season 2 pack description was probably written without thinking about the timing of the announcement / table reveal. It's not in the PC version yet...

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Perhaps it's for Beta testers only? It 2 weeks early for release as the last Friday of each month is generally the date new packs are available.

This month the tablepack could come out a week earlier because Thanksgiving is the last weekend here in the states.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well now I can admit to one of the two tables I played up at FarSight this last time being Cue Ball Wizard. I pulled into the parking lot and it was being delivered, right then. Gotta say, not knowing what to be aiming at and just wacking the ball around, I played for a good long while. Rather than finish the game, we just turned it off so we could get on with what we were there for.

While I have no love of Gottlieb, I do agree that variety is nice. A few months from now, you probably won't even remember that you had this many Gottliebs in a row, just that you have a ton of tables to play. And sure enough, though not often, I do find myself playing these tables now and then, just because.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Well now I can admit to one of the two tables I played up at FarSight this last time being Cue Ball Wizard. I pulled into the parking lot and it was being delivered, right then. Gotta say, not knowing what to be aiming at and just wacking the ball around, I played for a good long while. Rather than finish the game, we just turned it off so we could get on with what we were there for.

While I have no love of Gottlieb, I do agree that variety is nice. A few months from now, you probably won't even remember that you had this many Gottliebs in a row, just that you have a ton of tables to play. And sure enough, though not often, I do find myself playing these tables now and then, just because.

Trap, Any word on how the Williams negotiations are going?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No, I don't know anything about the negotiations. I do know it's not that they are at risk of losing the Williams / Bally license to anybody else. FarSight picked from a list pretty much every table that you'd be interested in, and they and only they can do those tables. From that list, they were being selective about which tables to do initially. I know they were saving a spot for TAF just in case, but obviously nothing came of that and they used up the spot. As to what they are negotiating, your guess is as good as mine, I'm not in on the loop of that. It's nothing for us to worry about though, they'll work it out, and I guarantee you'll see W & B tables once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.