Table Pack #21 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Secret deals to make JJP's Wizard of Oz and play it on multiple devices simultaneously; conspiracies to make sweeping changes to table pack formats, pricing, and longevity of The Pinball Arcade itself based on guesses of FarSight's financial and resource forecasts; meta-crypto-typological analysis on a made-up font on a made-up movie poster to find not one but multiple spurious hidden clues; wild speculation on closed-door negotiation between FarSight and Williams, an erstwhile fetish with Gottlieb tables, and their effect on the probability of this or that favored conjecture for Season 3; inside-baseball references to long and storied rants involving mediocre Italian chain restaurants, and tables based on buxom country music stars and motorcycle daredevils. Let no one state that the members of this forum don't have deep, intelligent, and wild imaginations. This is truly great stuff. Glad I joined this forum. I'm positive that any members of FarSight sifting through this must be greatly amused.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
so no modern tables only because here are such incompatible devices as mobiles?
so it will be definetly WoO and Godzilla - this is why FS took close relations with Sony, tornado on picture from and the word "tale" - point to the tale about emerald city. and may be Godzilla is exclusive for PS4 - it is a reason why here only one table slot on site

Sony Pictures isn't the same thing as SCE.

Sony is a big company. They cover all forms of entertainment, not just games. Half of the Rock Band music library wouldn't be on 360 if Sony Music songs were exclusive to PS3.

I know you're just kidding around, but Sony owned licenses wouldn't be exclusive to PS consoles.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Secret deals to make JJP's Wizard of Oz and play it on multiple devices simultaneously; conspiracies to make sweeping changes to table pack formats, pricing, and longevity of The Pinball Arcade itself based on guesses of FarSight's financial and resource forecasts; meta-crypto-typological analysis on a made-up font on a made-up movie poster to find not one but multiple spurious hidden clues; wild speculation on closed-door negotiation between FarSight and Williams, an erstwhile fetish with Gottlieb tables, and their effect on the probability of this or that favored conjecture for Season 3; inside-baseball references to long and storied rants involving mediocre Italian chain restaurants, and tables based on buxom country music stars and motorcycle daredevils. Let no one state that the members of this forum don't have deep, intelligent, and wild imaginations. This is truly great stuff. Glad I joined this forum. I'm positive that any members of FarSight sifting through this must be greatly amused.

What else do we have to talk about? Honestly if we didn't go off on so many weird tangents, conspiracy theories, etc, it would be several people stating one table and other people responding with another which either becomes boring and dies or becomes a flame war. This keeps it interesting as much as it is wild.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
so we're all agreed? it's definitely Apollo 13 because of the maths and because of the script and the alien font on Orion, tied with XFiles because..... well .... because XFiles is she ****test game ever made, so it needs to be tied in with something

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
I'm fairly sure it's Fish Tales, and the reason it's on its own is because it's coming with the new emulated versions of Gorgar, Black Knight, firepower, Black Hole etc, or at least some of them.
That would make a lot of sense as farsight indicated these emulations were coming soon, and also slipped a fish tales maybe on Facebook a month ago.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm fairly sure it's Fish Tales, and the reason it's on its own is because it's coming with the new emulated versions of Gorgar, Black Knight, firepower, Black Hole etc, or at least some of them.
That would make a lot of sense as farsight indicated these emulations were coming soon, and also slipped a fish tales maybe on Facebook a month ago.

And this as well? Sweet...

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
What else do we have to talk about? Honestly if we didn't go off on so many weird tangents, conspiracy theories, etc, it would be several people stating one table and other people responding with another which either becomes boring and dies or becomes a flame war. This keeps it interesting as much as it is wild.

Indeed! My post was not a complaint. :)

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I'm calling it: Daytona USA

Sure, it's a driving game instead of a pinball game, but it's totally what that poster indicated. Clearly 'The Pinball Arcade' is being made 'The Arcade' instead. I look forward to their detailed simulation of air hockey and Stacker.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm calling it: Daytona USA

Sure, it's a driving game instead of a pinball game, but it's totally what that poster indicated. Clearly 'The Pinball Arcade' is being made 'The Arcade' instead. I look forward to their detailed simulation of air hockey and Stacker.

Uh...no. Last attempt at either item didn't go over so well, at least not on the 360. Maybe FarSight has their first original table planned-if that's the case, they should have put people jumping in the picture as well.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Uh...no. Last attempt at either item didn't go over so well, at least not on the 360.

If you're referring to Game Party, I played the third one on Wii out of curiosity, and it was bad too. Thinking about it, that one didn't even have air hockey for some reason, even though the previous ones did.

I will admit this, the only good thing about that game was unlocking the Sektor costume and pairing it up with a sombrero and the dumbest grin ever on my character's face.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
LCA is fairly well regarded in the pinball collector community. At least compared to other Gottliebs of its time. It's the first system 3, has a pretty low production run at just over 1,700 units and ruleset is somewhat deep (once again, compared to other Gottliebs). Rob Craig from the Silverball Podcast used to rave and rave about it on his show. The theme of LCA is about making a movie which fits the movie poster hint pretty well. Now, the "from the makers of" stuff doesn't fit because LCA is a Norris design. If it is LCA, it will be interesting to see how FarSight handles the colored spotlights that were mounted on top and flashed at certain times. They really added to the experience.

LCA is my favourite Gottlieb.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well, assuming that the licensing and software emulation weren't an issue for the ps4, they could stream the video feed to a psvita and use the vita as the controller.

I do understand that console exclusives are simply not going to happen anytime soon if ever, I just don't know what a tornado and sharks movie poster could refer to other than twister and fish tales.

Fish Tales. Yep.

How about Sharky's Shootout?

Remember kids: "Don't poke it. Stroooke it".

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me that much if they are going to single-table packs now that they're done (maybe?) with reproducing the old Hall of Fame tables. Maybe releasing a single-table pack bi-weekly--or even just one a month, to give themselves more time. Some people seem to be assuming that a non-kickstarted single-table pack would cost as much as a double-table pack, which isn't necessarily the case. On the other hand, maybe Fish Tales or whatever this is *did* cost them some extra dough to do for whatever reason--not enough to need a Kickstarter, but enough that they need it to cost more than average table. Or maybe they just wanted to drop a hint for only one table (or maybe a really really hard hint for the other table) of a two-table pack. But I suppose they'll let us know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts