Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
DAMN! So POTO looks like the logical choice then who would have thought a Data East table finally in TPA. I would be cautious though guys n gals or though the table art on DA tables looks appealing they are in a similar league (or though better) to Gottieb tables in the rule sets........ie not very deep and can become boring quickly

That said, Data East's Batman is one of my guilty pleasures and would love to see that in TPA but I know that will never happen

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I'm just waiting to read the discussion if POTO is the next table. Y'all complained about Gottlieb tables so much, cant wait to hear the griping when Data East stinkers like this start being released.
I partially agree with this. But as with Premier, Data East had a few good ones. And POTO is on of them. Add to that Tommy, Batman, TFTC, LW3 and GnR. And few others decent ones. But yes, Williams/Bally games from the 90's are much better. DE, than SEGA and from 2000 onwards Stern never had what Bally (well, Midway) and Williams had.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
DAMN! So POTO looks like the logical choice then who would have thought a Data East table finally in TPA. I would be cautious though guys n gals or though the table art on DA tables looks appealing they are in a similar league (or though better) to Gottieb tables in the rule sets........ie not very deep and can become boring quickly

That said, Data East's Batman is one of my guilty pleasures and would love to see that in TPA but I know that will never happen

POTO is not a bad choice. I have nowhere near the experience with it as Rollergames (my arcade got both pinballs at the same time, liked RG more). But that said, it will be great to see something from Data East on TPA-plus DE had a kickin' sound system too.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I partially agree with this. But as with Premier, Data East had a few good ones. And POTO is on of them. Add to that Tommy, Batman, TFTC, LW3 and GnR. And few others decent ones. But yes, Williams/Bally games from the 90's are much better. DE, than SEGA and from 2000 onwards Stern never had what Bally (well, Midway) and Williams had.

Sadly, I think only Slash would be cool with GNR in TPA. Even then......

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
"Swords of Fury" doesn't even make any sense! Hahaha. Who has even requested that?

3 people?

It's POTO, enjoy it. :)

BSD and POTO is easily the best Halloween pack yet.
Thank you, Farsight!!!!

A fair amount more than three people have requested Swords of Fury,and it would be a good table to add to TPA someday. Also,for me personally - the Elvira tables in Season one is still the best Halloween pack. I've never seen a POTO table in person,much less played one - so I'd like to know peoples opinions - positive & negative - as to why the pin is good or bad.

Having said that though...I'm glad that it's not Bone Busters! Seriously - POTO makes sense,for all the right reasons, to be the next TPA table. That's my final guess based on the clue. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

By far the best thing (again for me personally) to be mentioned in the newsletter was the info about The Addams Family.

Specifically - the other tables that Pat Lawlor & Larry Demar have worked on together. Two of which are favorites for many,and are already in TPA - Funhouse & Twilight Zone.

The last table mentioned???

Banzai Run!

My hope for my all time favorite pinball table making it into TPA just went up by a few notches. At least it is on FS's minds
:)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
A fair amount more than three people have requested Swords of Fury,and it would be a good table to add to TPA someday. Also,for me personally - the Elvira tables in Season one is still the best Halloween pack.

I totally agree.

N

netizen

Come to think about it
Just go away.

Ahh, how cute.

I agree that DE/Sega had good games, but POTO isn't one of them.
Compared to games of it's time it is exceptionally shallow, it's nothing more than 1 ramp, 3 pops, and a toy that is all barely held together, if at all, by a theme/license that doesn't even mesh with the layout.

Hell with the layout of POTO it could easily be another Evel Kinevel. The L Ramp would be a school bus, the R "Ramp"/Lock would be a bail of hay, the magic mirror would be a dr and tune up, and Bob's your Uncle. It's Evel Kinevel: The Stunt Riders!! The challenge would be to get all three riders over the school bus as one stunt.

Holy ****! That actually sounds like a better game now than POTO.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I played POTO many times back when it first came out and remember really liking it.

I'm excited for this one!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I keep holding out hope for the original "Batman" table, but I highly doubt we'll ever see it.

As for "Swords of Fury", I guess I haven't seen as many requests on here as people claim, but I wouldn't mind it. It looks pretty decent. My point was that it made no sense regarding being included into TPA. It may get requested, but as much as POTO?!? Hardly.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Swords of Fury has actually had a fair amount of talk. But most of the discussion was during season one. Hasn't been as much buzz about it more recently.

As for Phantom. The art and sound package seem top notch. So I'm sure I'll enjoy it even if the rules are a bit on the shallow side. Class of 1812 is a bit shallow and I enjoy playing that fairly often. Plus I think dipping a toe in the Data East end of the pool is a good thing. Means other DE titles are possible (eg Rocky & Bullwinkle).

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Plus I think dipping a toe in the Data East end of the pool is a good thing. Means other DE titles are possible (eg Rocky & Bullwinkle).

The hurdle with Data East has always been the huge percentage of licensed tables. Luckily, the Sony deal would give them some additional DMDs to explore. Last Action Hero, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Starship Troopers for instance.

Unfortunately this deal wouldn't include the most known and requested Data East tables (from my viewpoint: Jurassic Park, Tommy, and Tales From the Crypt).

The oddity with Phantom of the Opera is that it's not DMD Data East, it's the generation before that. I only remember one machine from that era (Robocop) and... sorry, I wasn't really impressed by it. I don't see a lot of clamoring for Secret Service or Time Machine or things like that, so in some ways, it would kind of be strange to do a one off emulation.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
The hurdle with Data East has always been the huge percentage of licensed tables. Luckily, the Sony deal would give them some additional DMDs to explore. Last Action Hero, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Starship Troopers for instance.

Unfortunately this deal wouldn't include the most known and requested Data East tables (from my viewpoint: Jurassic Park, Tommy, and Tales From the Crypt).

The oddity with Phantom of the Opera is that it's not DMD Data East, it's the generation before that. I only remember one machine from that era (Robocop) and... sorry, I wasn't really impressed by it. I don't see a lot of clamoring for Secret Service or Time Machine or things like that, so in some ways, it would kind of be strange to do a one off emulation.

I would LOVE "Last Action Hero". I use to play that one a lot. I'm not sure it's feasible, though, seeing that we'd have to pay Arnie all over again.

I think "Robocop" would be fun, just for the license, but the table is sub par, at best.

I think "Starship Troopers" is a good bet. It's not that big of a license, so I couldn't imagine it being very pricey.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just want Jurassic Park. If I ever win the lottery, I'll happily fork over whatever it takes to the Crichton estate, Spielberg, et al. Until then I can dream like the rest of us. (But man, I want to spit on Nedry.)

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
If it is POTO which would be the first Data East table and also Halloween table, I think most of us would prefer TFTC. Then the next question is whether Friday (Gottlieb) would be preferred over POTO. I think the choice of POTO was made because of two reasons. 1) License was easier/less expensive then Friday or TFTC 2) Friday/TFTC is better suited for After Dark

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
If it is POTO which would be the first Data East table and also Halloween table, I think most of us would prefer TFTC. Then the next question is whether Friday (Gottlieb) would be preferred over POTO. I think the choice of POTO was made because of two reasons. 1) License was easier/less expensive then Friday or TFTC 2) Friday/TFTC is better suited for After Dark

I'm not sure what "Friday" is, but if you meant "FREDDY", than I'm guessing that would be just a taaaaaaaaad bit pricier, and might even require a KS.

As for TFTC, of course it's the most wanted Halloween table, but they've already said that it would, without a doubt, be a PAD table. There's no getting around that, due to all the gore in the DMD, as well as some on the table art.

Members online

Members online