Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I remember seeing POTO many times, looking at the backglass and saying, "That's not the mask from the musical" and moving on to play something else. Am I a putz or what? Don't answer that.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
If it is POTO which would be the first Data East table and also Halloween table, I think most of us would prefer TFTC. Then the next question is whether Friday (Gottlieb) would be preferred over POTO. I think the choice of POTO was made because of two reasons. 1) License was easier/less expensive then Friday or TFTC 2) Friday/TFTC is better suited for After Dark

POTO was based on the book, which is in the public domain. All likenesses and music I believe are from Data East employees, from what I gather. If so, no license is required.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Yes, FREDDY :eek:. Its been a long week and I was thinking Friday the 13th which is still wrong.. :p

I'm not sure what "Friday" is, but if you meant "FREDDY", than I'm guessing that would be just a taaaaaaaaad bit pricier, and might even require a KS.

As for TFTC, of course it's the most wanted Halloween table, but they've already said that it would, without a doubt, be a PAD table. There's no getting around that, due to all the gore in the DMD, as well as some on the table art.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
This makes sense, thanks..

As it stands it seems POTO is the best choice for an Halloween theme tables since TAF won't be out till 2015. Anyone have any other suggestions? I heard Bone Busters mentioned a bit but it seems folks would prefer POTO over it. Im neutral between those two, but i do like the fact we're getting a Data East table which means Sega is a possibility too.

POTO was based on the book, which is in the public domain. All likenesses and music I believe are from Data East employees, from what I gather. If so, no license is required.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
As it stands it seems POTO is the best choice for an Halloween theme tables since TAF won't be out till 2015. Anyone have any other suggestions? I heard Bone Busters mentioned a bit but it seems folks would prefer POTO over it. Im neutral between those two, but i do like the fact we're getting a Data East table which means Sega is a possibility too.

Kinda have the best of the best horror themed pins right now. The only popular ones after POTO would be Frankenstein, Freddy, Tales from the Crypt and I guess Bonebusters.

But if their first original table does turn out to be Ghostbusters that would make a nice October table. Plus there's the new Walking Dead table coming out from Stern next month - So Season 5 with a lot of luck.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Kinda have the best of the best horror themed pins right now. The only popular ones after POTO would be Frankenstein, Freddy, Tales from the Crypt and I guess Bonebusters.

Yeah, they're kind of running out on the pure horror pins period. You have to search the Internet to kind of find the rest of the names: tables like Stern's "Dracula", Bally's "Vampire", Gottlieb's "Spirit" and "Devil's Dare", and some other obscurities like Unidesto's "Mephisto" and Alvin G's "Mystery Castle". Some of these might be interesting to see, but these are not exactly highly requested pins.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yeah, they're kind of running out on the pure horror pins period. You have to search the Internet to kind of find the rest of the names: tables like Stern's "Dracula", Bally's "Vampire", Gottlieb's "Spirit" and "Devil's Dare", and some other obscurities like Unidesto's "Mephisto" and Alvin G's "Mystery Castle". Some of these might be interesting to see, but these are not exactly highly requested pins.

Close, but not yet.

We still have "Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", & "Bone Busters, Inc.". There's also "Tales From The Crypt", but that depends on if and when Farsight actually does PAD.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hey, if they run out, it's a good thing. That means they did them all. Well, all they can legally do that is. Just like they'll eventually run out of '80s and '90s machines to recreate. Again, a good thing.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
thanks for the feedback.. If they starting with POTO which is Data East, seems MS Frankenstein from Sega is a possibility for next year..

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
We still have "Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", & "Bone Busters, Inc.". There's also "Tales From The Crypt", but that depends on if and when Farsight actually does PAD.

Yeah, Crawley posted those. I think Mary Shelley's is likely to make it, and Freddy if they can pull off the license. Tales if PAD happens. I dunno about Bone Busters. But realistically the four Crawley posted are the four that's realistically left.

The rest I just posted for completion. Some would perhaps be interesting (Alvin G's "Mystery Castle"), some a well-maybe-we'll-see (the two early 80s Gottliebs have good reviews, but Haunted House produced in the same year is average to me) and some look downright awful (the art for the Bally Vampire EM is one of the ugliest backglasses I've seen).

No one's really requested any of them. Alvin G's the only newer one. So practically, I think we're down to our last three or four horror pins, the ones Crawley listed.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
135825.jpg

We're BEYOND uglyness in here.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I remember seeing POTO many times, looking at the backglass and saying, "That's not the mask from the musical" and moving on to play something else. Am I a putz or what? Don't answer that.

ProTip: Victor Hugo's novel "Les Miserables" has very little singing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.