Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Here's a question about season 4-how many "big plans for season 3" will be carried over into season 4?

Some topics include-Xbox 360/Xbox One releases. (and none of this pre-development to pre-submission to pre-certification nonsense) This is especially important for those who still play TPA on consoles since M$ holds all of the cards on DLC releases.
-DX11/Cabinet Support for PC
-New GUI

Just a few I can think of.

I don't know about any plans.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Well, I never expected it soon anyway, seeing that it's a licensed table AND it's by Data East.

I'm still shooting for POTO. It's a cheap, UNLICENSED Data East and would be perfect for Halloween. Oh yeah, and I'm totally not buying this "Don't bet on it" comment from the Twitch boys. They said the same about "High Speed" shortly before it was released. lol You gotta learn how to decipher some of the stuff they say and how they say it.

I'm guessing if for some reason we don't get POTO, it's either "Bone Busters, Inc" or a totally random, non Halloween table. It's too early to do TAF, and "Freddy" would require a possible KS, which obviously isn't gonna happen with TAF coming soon. I'd say "Frankenstein", but I don't think they're able to do Sega tables, are they?

While POTO isn't in the same OMG league as TAF - it would be a MUCH better choice to start off Season 4,than say Bone Busters. POTO seems to be a fun table from what videos I've watched - and more importantly,it's a Data East table,which many people have wanted in TPA since the beginning.

My reasoning isn't from being a TPA hardcore fan. I'm trying to think about it from a casual/impulse buyers perspective. With the switch over to one table a month,you need to make sure that most of the tables coming out are either popular,requested - or just plain fun to play. You aren't going to get away with two to three months of filler/mediocrity. Look at Season 3 - you have a majorly good season there,especially if BSD is #30. (Which I'm pretty sure it is) Out of those ten tables - you have at most two filler tables. (Mine are LCA & BK2K) I

f the business goal of TPA is to get more players/buyers to purchase TPA tables - then you need to start & finish strong. S3 did just that. People were complaining about the switch to one table,but Fish Tales killed that pretty quickly. And while I still think that BSD should have started S4,you can't deny that its a great way to end S3. POTO would be a good way to start off S4.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I say KSer week of Sept. 8th and TAF released in October.

I also see no reason to make Data East pins in Season 4. I see that being a Season 5 or After Dark thing if After Dark is ever produced.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Keep dreaming

T2 was funded 7/21/13 and table was released 8/23/13. Its not impossible to think game is funded week of October 8th and is released Friday October 31st. It will put a wrench in their current release cycle but i think its possible.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I said it in another forum but in response to a question asked on Facebook, farsight confirmed no taf before halloween

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
T2 was funded 7/21/13 and table was released 8/23/13. Its not impossible to think game is funded week of October 8th and is released Friday October 31st. It will put a wrench in their current release cycle but i think its possible.

T2 was started and funded quickly because of a narrow window of opportunity to get the license and release the game, and for no other reason besides that. I think Farsight has even mentioned this tidbit quite a few times, AS WELL as going on the record and saying that TAF will NOT be released before Halloween.

I'm not sure how much more clearer people have to be on these issues?

I said it in another forum but in response to a question asked on Facebook, farsight confirmed no taf before halloween

It's pointless bro, some people just don't listen. lol

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Tales from the Crypt is an Awesome table, I was playing it on Future Pinball last night. I hadn't played that game in a long Time, last time I did it was 10 years ago in a Bowling alley. I would really love to see Tales and Jurassic Park from Data East someday on The Pinball Arcade, Dokken, if you love the Comic books, Movies, or the HBO TV series, you will go GaGa over this game. It's just fun for the Crypt keeper talking throughout the game, like "Let's go Chopping", or my favorite quote "Here Today, Leftovers Tommorrow" very fun game and of course it's my opinion.
-----------
Definitely remember the HBO series -:cool:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Ok, let's keep this one going.

My original prediction was "Bone Busters, Inc." or "Phantom of the Opera", but I'm gonna stick with "Phantom of the Opera". We're long overdue for a Data East table, and what better, non expensive choice to go with than this one.

I'm all in. :cool:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
well its not BSD lol

Shhhhhh, don't tell NightWing! ;) :p

Like I said, I'm stickin with POTO. I can't imagine how awesome this would do, sales wise, esp after everyone empties their pockets for BSD. If one thing is certainly true, it's that Americans love Halloween. I'm gonna say that Farsight will enjoy very nice September/October sales.

Now, if they opt for "Bone Busters, Inc.".... :(

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
i hope we see more stern tables in season 4
Still hoping for TSPP in 2015

I don't think we'll see any, to be honest. I think they're gonna aim at finally finishing up all these highly popular and requested sequels and trilogy tables, esp since most of them are unlicensed. (Which would also continue with the Season 3 theme of highly popular, but unlicensed tables)

Personally, I'd love to get fun, simple tables like "F-14 Tomcat" and "Xenon", but I'm pretty sure that's just a pipedream.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts