Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

invitro

May 4, 2012
Swords of Fury, Banzai Run, Fathom, Xenon, Paragon..

I don't think I've ever seen a Swords of Fury, and I haven't thought about it much. So I just checked it out on ipdb and it is beautiful, looks really interesting, and I want it.

image-1.jpg

It seems more complex than other tables of that era? A little? And I love Doug Watson art. I wonder if the sounds are any good... Williams late-80s machines seemed to usually have really great sound.

I already wanted your other four suggestions. So I'm on board with all five... show me where to sign!

P.S. I would add Flash and Pharoah to my personal 1979-1989 unlicensed list.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I played it briefly at Pinfest back in May. Not really enough to get a good feel for it, but it's certainly intriguing. The whole fantasy adventurer theme also plays into my interests - it's so very clearly their answer to Gauntlet!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I played it briefly at Pinfest back in May. Not really enough to get a good feel for it, but it's certainly intriguing. The whole fantasy adventurer theme also plays into my interests - it's so very clearly their answer to Gauntlet!

I played it there as well. Plenty of fun shots. I didn't really know the rules either. But I did learn that I would like to play it more.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Never played SOF, but it looks amazing. Check out this clip of the table. Todd plays all the music themes. Pretty epic. Hopefully Swords finds its way into TPA this season.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I don't think I've ever seen a Swords of Fury, and I haven't thought about it much. So I just checked it out on ipdb and it is beautiful, looks really interesting, and I want it.

image-1.jpg

It seems more complex than other tables of that era? A little? And I love Doug Watson art. I wonder if the sounds are any good... Williams late-80s machines seemed to usually have really great sound.

I already wanted your other four suggestions. So I'm on board with all five... show me where to sign!

For some reason, it instantly brings back memories of Golden Axe.

I really hope we see this one next season, along with Xenon and F-14 Tomcat.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
For some reason, it instantly brings back memories of Golden Axe.

I get the feeling that was deliberate. Golden Axe, Gauntlet, Rygar... there were a bunch of fantasy-themed video games in the arcades back in the mid-80s. What better way to get the kids putting their quarter into a pinball machine than make a pinball version of their favorite video game!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I get the feeling that was deliberate. Golden Axe, Gauntlet, Rygar... there were a bunch of fantasy-themed video games in the arcades back in the mid-80s. What better way to get the kids putting their quarter into a pinball machine than make a pinball version of their favorite video game!

I STILL play Golden Axe II. lol

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
btw back on topic.

If you can make a trapped ball settle down fast enough (with nudging assistance like I do on dracula) you can totally destroy POTO. I expect to roll the table if I can get the ball to settle down fast enough after a ramp shot to still make the million shot without it timing out.

I was able to do this on one real life table that had abnormally high angled flippers. there was JUST enough time to do it.

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Meh, I don't really care for this table. I mean, I know it's the first Data East table in the collection - and I have a soft spot for Data East - but there isn't much to do here besides shooting the targets for lit rewards, shooting the organ to begin a multiball and earn the Jackpot, and looping the ramp to score 1 Million Francs. I would've preferred one of their DMDs like Tales from the Crypt or Rocky & Bullwinkle to begin the season.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Meh, I don't really care for this table. I mean, I know it's the first Data East table in the collection - and I have a soft spot for Data East - but there isn't much to do here besides shooting the targets for lit rewards, shooting the organ to begin a multiball and earn the Jackpot, and looping the ramp to score 1 Million Francs. I would've preferred one of their DMDs like Tales from the Crypt or Rocky & Bullwinkle to begin the season.

You just described plenty to do! lol

As for the DMDs, I think we have about 40 currently available. lol

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

image-1.jpg

It does look pretty awesome! Lots to do.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

image-1.jpg

I think I recall playing it way back when. It's one of those tables that seem to focus on one aspect of the table rule set and that's that. A vid [video=vimeo;33229671]http://vimeo.com/33229671[/video]shows how basic the game is. Just go for MB and have at it. It looks nice but there isn't much else on the table that stands out.

I'm hoping Season 4 will go well. Even though Adams Family will certainly be one of the highlights, I think it's an ok table much the same as Twilight Zone but that's personal opinion. There are still plenty of great tables to be in this season.

I hope these get in
F-14 tomcat
The Shadow
Fathom
High Speed 2
Jack*Bot (Why not finish the series)
Earthshaker

Those are to name a few. I'm sure there's more great tables but these I'm looking forward to the most if they will ever be made.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Like Checkpoint, Phantom of the Opera is a one shot game. (the ramp)

that said the multiball more fun, though it won't score as well as unlimited millions. DE always has made good multiball rules even back then.

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014

That sounds like a lot, lol. That's what most pinball tables have you do. You just wanted a different table. Rocky and Bullwinkle? Lame. I'm happy with the decision. Phantom has a great theme, great looking table, awesome sounds, etc. Great job TPA!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
That sounds like a lot, lol. That's what most pinball tables have you do. You just wanted a different table. Rocky and Bullwinkle? Lame. I'm happy with the decision. Phantom has a great theme, great looking table, awesome sounds, etc. Great job TPA!

Pretty much what I said. lol

I'd certainly rather have POTO over "The Party Zone", which I'm highly sure we'll see this season.

Ugh.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts