Table pack 33 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I was majorly pleased with POTO....much better than "Fish Tales" in my opinion.

I'm trying to reserve judgement for TPZ. It's not really my thing, but I'll give it a chance. I have the same amount of (non)interest in "Earthshaker", "The Getaway: High Speed II", and "Starship Troopers", but at least they will please quite a few people. The same goes for TAF. It looks ok, but again, I'm not a big fan of Lawlor tables. I helped fund it, and again, I'll reserve judgement.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more newer stuff, like more newer Stern tables and Sega tables. Meh.

Dokken - there is a "getaway" table two minutes from my house. I have to say......it blows the getaway out of the water and is quite fun. I almost always agree w you but what's up? Why don't you like it?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Just take solace in knowing that Farsight has done nearly all of his tables....they're almost out of them. (Thankfully)

Besides, this was a highly requested table, so at least a huge majority are happy. Me? I'll get more excited over a much, MUCH better table, like "F-14 Tomcat". :cool:

As someone who has owned real Earthshaker and F-14 machines, I really don't see how F-14 is "much, MUCH better".

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
As someone who has owned real Earthshaker and F-14 machines, I really don't see how F-14 is "much, MUCH better".

I love both tables. But to me F14 is a far superior pinball experience with its sounds and light show. Standing in front of that machine while playing it is unlike any other pinball experience, to me at least. Not sure if that can be translated into TPA though... :confused:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Lawlor is my favorite designer. I lament that monopoly won't come out and I was not aware rct also fell under ea now. Csi is not terribly good but safe cracker, banzai run and family guy are quite unique experiences and I hope for all three. Family guy and safe cracker are especially fun. Shrek is the same as family guy but the theme is awful. Red and ted is also awesome. I could dig nascar as well but who knows about the licensing.

F14 is great for the sounds and lights but I don't love the gameplay. Steve Ritchie is hit or miss for me but I would absolutely love to see spider-man, AC/dc and Elvis more than almost any other table you could name, including some of lawlors remaining tables.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Dokken - there is a "getaway" table two minutes from my house. I have to say......it blows the getaway out of the water and is quite fun. I almost always agree w you but what's up? Why don't you like it?

I'm just not a fan of the High Speed tables, I think they're highly overrated. I think it all boils down to having the in person experience vs playing it on TPA.

Nor do I.

I love both tables. But to me F14 is a far superior pinball experience with its sounds and light show. Standing in front of that machine while playing it is unlike any other pinball experience, to me at least. Not sure if that can be translated into TPA though... :confused:

Bingo. You beat me to it.

Plus, "Whirlwind" is a pretty close copy anyway. It's like asking me why I wouldn't be excited for "Jack*Bot" when we already have two other close copies. lol That's another one I have zero interest in, but again, it's all about highly requested and highly popular. If it makes the masses happy, I'm happy. It beats getting tables like "El Dorado" or LCA, tables that nearly nobody wanted.

I think "F-14 Tomcat" would translate fantastically into TPA.

Steve Ritchie is hit or miss for me

...and that's exactly how I feel about Lawlor. I honestly don't find most of his tables fun at all. I'm just not a fan of how he overcrowds most his tables.

I thought it was Atari that owns the RCT franchise, not EA.

This is correct, but the last I knew, the RCT franchise was up for sale, while EA does indeed own the rights to "Monopoly".

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Dr Dokken. I must correct myself in an earlier post. I was preoccupied and said getaway blows getaway out of the water. I was speaking of Getaway blowing it's predecessor High Speed out of the water. Also you have some valid points but in this case we have to agree to disagree. Mmmmmkay?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Dr Dokken. I must correct myself in an earlier post. I was preoccupied and said getaway blows getaway out of the water. I was speaking of Getaway blowing it's predecessor High Speed out of the water. Also you have some valid points but in this case we have to agree to disagree. Mmmmmkay?

Yes, I figured that's what you meant.

TheLohoped

Nov 6, 2013
Are you sure that Electronic Arts' license to produce videogame adaptations of Hasbro's board game automatically blocks the possibility of Monopoly pinball table in TPA?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Dokken isn't making it up. That came straight from Farsight. I think they said it carried over to any digital game including TPA. So sadly, no Monopoly.

sedated

Oct 26, 2014
Pat Lawlor tables always felt bloated and over designed to me. Everything plus the kitchen sink on the playfield and too many gimmicks. Like heavy chinese food, good for 20 minutes and then you're just really sick and want something lighter. Earthshaker is probably the closest one that even feels like pinball to me. Probably buy that one, but no interest in the rest.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
The following voices are heard during the game (M = male, F = female):

M "It's sunny drive time!" Starting a game
M "They've locked on with all the hits." Completing the building
M "EARTHSHAKER!!!" Locking a ball for Multiball
M "Take a scenic fault drive today." Starting Multiball
M "Check out the fault today." Enabling the fault for Jackpot
M "Head for the shelter!" During timer for Aftershock
F "Ooh, give me shelter!" During timer for Aftershock
F "Ooh, *****in'!" Receiving/starting an extra ball (word starting with a B)
F "Ooh, million!" Million shot enabled
F "M-M-M-Million!" Million shot awarded
F "Ooh, Jackpot!" Jackpot enabled
F "J-J-J-Jackpot!" Jackpot awarded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts