Table pack #38 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
The bodies flying around to seem to be a bit similar to the once on the Xenon back glass. How many tables are left in Season 4?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Spirit. It's covered with silhouetted people. It could be the mystery Gottlieb.

That would be awesome!

The last paragraph of the clue talking about flying, doing perilous stunts and dropping bombs makes me think of F-14 Tomcat.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So I would guess the remaining list would be:

38 - Spirit
39 - Some DMD table (High Speed 2)
40 - Xenon

Except #38 is definitely Xenon, because I don't see how the hint could be anything else with all those "eX" references in the text.

#38 Xenon
#39 Mystery Gottlieb [DMD] [R911?] (get over to the Table Pack #39 thread!)
#40 HS2

Then we kick off S5 with R&T.

Except... well BSD came out of nowhere to finish off S3, so who knows what might be lurking in the wings?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Except #38 is definitely Xenon, because I don't see how the hint could be anything else with all those "eX" references in the text.

#38 Xenon
#40 HS2

Except... well BSD came out of nowhere to finish off S3, so who knows what might be lurking in the wings?

There was an interview with Bobby King from around the time Dracula came out where he confirmed that The Last Action Hero would come out during Season 5. He could have been joking, but he sounded kind of sincere to me. I think this will be the first table of Season 5.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Didn't this 4th season start with a Data East table too? Maybe a new trend if LAH opens season 5?

invitro

May 4, 2012
There was an interview with Bobby King from around the time Dracula came out where he confirmed that The Last Action Hero would come out during Season 5. He could have been joking, but he sounded kind of sincere to me. I think this will be the first table of Season 5.

LAH apparently has Columbia to get the license from. Is there any evidence that Farsight has a license from Columbia? And there are a LOT of real people on the backglass to get a license from, too, I count eight besides Arnold S.

(Edit: I think I recently read somewhere that Arnold was considered particularly easy to deal with for licenses, and accepted a pinball machine as payment. I think it was from an interview with Gary Stern on pinside?)

image-9.jpg

LAH is not an awful table for a Data East, and I played it a ton when it happened to be the closest machine to my grad school building. But if Farsight uses another big license, there are so many, dozens, maybe even a hundred, better tables to choose from.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong on license info.)

Edit: I'll correct myself, Columbia is a division of Sony Pictures, oops. So this could be part of the Sony license deal, except that I understand that the deal was for two tables, and those tables are BSD and SST... can anyone confirm or deny this?

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

#38 Xenon
#40 HS2

Waiting in the shadows.....

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
An exact number was never given for how many licenses were included in that purchasing block. The general assumption was it was for 4; BSD, SST, Ghostbusters, and one more. Again, that was an assumption.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Good gawd that is one fugly backglass. I remember doing collages in grade school. Looked just like this!

invitro

May 4, 2012
An exact number was never given for how many licenses were included in that purchasing block. The general assumption was it was for 4; BSD, SST, Ghostbusters, and one more. Again, that was an assumption.
Thanks for the info! Any chance PotO was the fourth?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the info! Any chance PotO was the fourth?

POTO is not a license. It is quite clearly stated in the game literature that it is "based on the 19xx novel", which is out of copyright, and thus requires no licenses. The artwork is all original for the game; the model for Christine is the artist's daughter.

In other words there's zero connection between POTO and any other IPs based on the novel that were around at the time, in particular the musical.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013

#38 Xenon
#40 HS2

I was on the Xenon boat as well, but the more I look at Spirit I think is it. The flying people look very similar to Spirit. It also has a star field on the play field with (Star Chamber). Now, I think maybe the EX's are just a head fake from FS knowing that we already know Xenon is coming at some point. It could then also be the "mystery" Gottlieb. But maybe am reading in way to much....:D

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I was on the Xenon boat as well, but the more I look at Spirit I think is it. The flying people look very similar to Spirit. It also has a star field on the play field with (Star Chamber). Now, I think maybe the EX's are just a head fake from FS knowing that we already know Xenon is coming at some point. It could then also be the "mystery" Gottlieb. But maybe am reading in way to much....:D

Oh I know I'm reading into it way too much. I think we're onto something here though.

BTW, credit should go to Tales from the Crypt!! for this. He mentioned it in another thread and it just sort of clicked for me. I had brought up Spirit a while back, but really kind of forgot about it.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You're all wrong, you know. Clearly this is hinting at the Pinball Circus. For starters, the pic is of trapeze artists. Considering the multi level nature of PC, it's a long drop for both ball and trapezist. But then look at the text...

"direct your attention to an extreme example of extraordinary excitement."

This was not only an 'extreme example' of where pinball could go, there'd be 'extraordinary excitement' were it to come to TPA. It goes on...

"In an exlusive engagement" (only 2 exist, 1 in Las Vegeas) "ex members of the famous flying extroverts" (a fitting description of Python if ever there were) "expertly perform extremely perilous stunts while carrying explosives" (meaning this table could have been a bomb, which is why they didn't go into actual production)

Sheesh. Open your eyes, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts