Table pack #40 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
That's a lot of Lawlor in one season, I really can't complain. No Gottlieb his time either, Thank God!

Honestly, the only Gottlieb I ever wanna see in this game is Super Mario Bros. And that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
No hint was given unfortunately...

News on updates to other tables regarding new flipper physics was asked about in android Roadshow Beta, and they said they don't have any specific info on dates, but that they're working on it. They've also said that it actually is quite a lot of work so we probably will have to have some patience about this.
However, and I hope I'm not saying too much here, they did say that they've finished the new flipper physics update on Big Shot, so we'll hopefully see an updated version of that table soon. We've yet to see if they're going to update tables as they finish them or in batches or however they plan on implementing it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I'm beginning to think that Stargate, Freddy, and Rescue 911 are the only Gottliebs FarSight will even consider from this point on.

There were (and still are) lots of great ones to choose from, unfortunately, FarSight angered many TPA fans by choosing LCA as their most recent Gottlieb. That, and the fact that all of those Gottliebs that closed season 2, with the exception of CBW and a much-improved from PHoF version of Tee'd Off!, probably did few favors to TPA fans.

I don't have any problem with LCA. It's not a bad game at all.

Do I wish they chose Cactus Jack's instead? Sure, but I like LCA just fine.

BPzeBanshee

Aug 5, 2014
Doesn't Space Shuttle have "gates" in a few forms on the machine? If so I'm switching my guess to Stargate, Safe Cracker is likely but what are the chances of them doing two DMDs in a row.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The only reason i think it could be getaway is the screen that shows bob's rentals also has the word getaway. :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I like to stir up the pot, just for kicks, but at this point it's almost definitely safecracker. Just kicking myself for not playing it at the latest pinball event I went to. The room was crowded and I needed a beer. As far as gottlebs that'll never happen, Spirit is on of them. But it was one of my favorites that I played there

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Well Safe Cracker has Bob and rentals right on the back box so I don't really see the room for debate here. My question though is are they going to put the machine in "timed mode" or "ball mode". By default Safe Cracker was shipped in timed mode. Timed mode is just what it sounds like, you have a limited amount of time to to play the game and earn a score.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
My first thought was stargate. A truck outside at the "gate" in the stars in space.....but that's probably because I was hoping for it. If there's Bob's Rentals in Safecracker, it's probably that then. Very cool!

The Getaway makes sense to kick off season 5.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Well Safe Cracker has Bob and rentals right on the back box so I don't really see the room for debate here. My question though is are they going to put the machine in "timed mode" or "ball mode". By default Safe Cracker was shipped in timed mode. Timed mode is just what it sounds like, you have a limited amount of time to to play the game and earn a score.

Timed mode would make more sense. And a nice change in what we've been seeing for the past 3 years.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Timed mode would make more sense. And a nice change in what we've been seeing for the past 3 years.

Maybe an option to change it without the leaderboard (like how you can change the ball count in Big Shot and Genie, as well as turning off extra balls in Central Park) and have two separate leaderboards. I think that would be ideal at least.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Maybe an option to change it without the leaderboard (like how you can change the ball count in Big Shot and Genie, as well as turning off extra balls in Central Park) and have two separate leaderboards. I think that would be ideal at least.

I was thinking they may add the option to change it for the Pro version.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I think the hint points equally to Safe Cracker and HS2.

No it doesn't. If it were HS2, it would be something about cars or police or the supercharger or some other actual reference to the table. Referencing Getaway in the form of a truck makes little sense.

Also, I still and always say Farsight wouldn't burn their two best remaining DMDs back to back, and I haven't been wrong on that yet. Doing something different with Safecracker makes more sense adjacent to Road Show. Getaway will show up in season 5.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
It has to be safe cracker but here's the wacked out-of-left-field-not-possible guess that fits the clue: Bally Star Trek. The clue shows a space shuttle but... It could be the Enterprise and there is a reference to "Jim" and there's this truck which is a play on word with "Trek".

Yeah, it's safe cracker but isn't that a dmd game? Anyway, just sayin'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts