Table pack #44 speculation

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Wasn't TFTC deemed for Pinball After Dark only
In which case is not happening any time soon if ever.

Pinball After Dark... please.

There's nothing in TFTC that's any worse that anything in Starship Troopers. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Pinball After Dark was a fun idea someone had at a meeting at Farsight that they really shouldn't have ever made public in any form, let alone in a "Christmas Countdown".

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is there really a pattern anymore? The pattern that existed for the first 2 seasons no longer existed in subsequent seasons, we've seen not only 2 DMD tables in a row, we've seen 2 by the same designer in a row. Time to admit, there is no pattern!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012

I would also like to add that Xenon was once deemed for Pinball After Dark as well and look what happened. There really is no sense in doing Pinball After Dark. If necessary, they could just release Sopranos and Big Bang Bar in their own individual stand alone apps.

As for my prediction, on the predict the season thread, I put down Eight Ball Deluxe for November, so I am going to stick to that.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014

On twitch stream they said esrb has changed to allow DLC to have a different rating then the core game..this is why Starship troopers was allowed with a Teen rating while the core game is E for everyone

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I would also like to add that Xenon was once deemed for Pinball After Dark as well and look what happened. There really is no sense in doing Pinball After Dark. If necessary, they could just release Sopranos and Big Bang Bar in their own individual stand alone apps.

As for my prediction, on the predict the season thread, I put down Eight Ball Deluxe for November, so I am going to stick to that.

Yes and they should call that stand alone app PINBALL AFTER DARK - it would be better to consolidate the mature tables into a collection to reduce file size.

Ghostbusters (iOS) as a standalone apple is 92.9MB - but when the table showed up briefly in TPA it was only 25mb

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yes and they should call that stand alone app PINBALL AFTER DARK - it would be better to consolidate the mature tables into a collection to reduce file size.

Ghostbusters (iOS) as a standalone apple is 92.9MB - but when the table showed up briefly in TPA it was only 25mb

Yeah and look at what a flop that apps was....there will never be a pinball after dark app and segregating your software is just a stupid business idea in the first place!

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
....there will never be a pinball after dark app and segregating your software is just a stupid business idea in the first place!

They may not have to do PAD anymore. In the last Twitch stream they recapped the reason why they would need to do Pinball After Dark - which is because some tables would exceed TPA's ESRB rating of 'E' for everyone. However it looks like they found a loophole in that the DLC can have a separate rating from the main game. So their first test was the Starship Troopers table which had a 'T' for Teen rating.

I guess they can get away with future 'T' rated tables and hopefully 'M' rated tables if needed by listing that table DLC with the rating.

And my two cents are it's not a dumb idea if PAD would be the only way to get tables like Big Bang Bar, Tales from the Crypt and Family Guy. I would easily deal with launching a separate app to play those.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They may not have to do PAD anymore. In the last Twitch stream they recapped the reason why they would need to do Pinball After Dark - which is because some tables would exceed TPA's ESRB rating of 'E' for everyone. However it looks like they found a loophole in that the DLC can have a separate rating from the main game. So their first test was the Starship Troopers table which had a 'T' for Teen rating.

I guess they can get away with future 'T' rated tables and hopefully 'M' rated tables if needed by listing that table DLC with the rating.

And my two cents are it's not a dumb idea if PAD would be the only way to get tables like Big Bang Bar, Tales from the Crypt and Family Guy. I would easily deal with launching a separate app to play those.

I'm still amazed that a few of the tables (The Machine: Bride of Pinbot, Medieval Madness, and Attack from Mars for starters) don't have a t rating. There's definitely some colorful language and implied or explicit adult situations.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Do pinball tables even have age ratings....heck walking around an arcade you'd see all sorts of suggestive backglass and sample audio from pinball tables!!!!......one of the many reason I used to watch my dad play them back when I was younger.

At the end of the days it's a damn dot matrix display and still images its hardly high fidelity

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Do pinball tables even have age ratings....heck walking around an arcade you'd see all sorts of suggestive backglass and sample audio from pinball tables!!!!......one of the many reason I used to watch my dad play them back when I was younger.

At the end of the days it's a damn dot matrix display and still images its hardly high fidelity

+1
Exactly my feelings

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

I'm pretty sure pinball tables or arcade games never had a ratings committee tied to them. But any video game/apps released in the US go through the ESRB rating system (other countries have their own rating committees for games). So the games are subject to ratings at that point. A game like the Mortal Kombat Kollection, which games never had a rating in the arcades, now gets an 'M' rating because the medium changed to a video game. It's just digital violence and gore, and looks comical by todays standards, but its still graded based on the content to help parents make informed purchasing decisions.

karl

May 10, 2012
Is there really a pattern anymore? The pattern that existed for the first 2 seasons no longer existed in subsequent seasons, we've seen not only 2 DMD tables in a row, we've seen 2 by the same designer in a row. Time to admit, there is no pattern!

Hear, hear.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts