Table Pack #45 Speculation Thread

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
It's a very simple game, but it's fun like most other 80's table. Everything just comes together so well, I love the artwork and the music.

If you want something boring, try playing Bad Cats.

It's funny you should say that, because I love Bad Cats and I've been trying to buy one for the past year. Just can't find one for sale.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Bad Cats really has no staying power. It is one of my fave non multiball games. Seafood wheel and looping the center ramp for extra ball is fun. :)

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
"Bad Cats really has no staying power. It is one of my fave non multiball games. Seafood wheel and looping the center ramp for extra ball is fun."

I agree. FS has to carefully choose which tables they feel are worthy and fun to play in video game form. A while back they told me that Bad Cats was considered for the hall of fame. But it came down to priorities.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
If they do do badcats, flipping when the ball is dead center of the left flipper makes the center ramp shot 100% of the time in real life, from a trap or on the fly, if the game is properly aligned with good flippers.

yes it's really that easy. I've played the game on multiple machines, and that is correct behavior. Many other shots, such as the linear target, are a drain risk even if made, and house balls are not uncommon. the ease of the fishbowl ramp is intended, since it does NOT get you the bog points.

The fishbowl ramp is an easy loop in real life, unless the flippers start getting weak (which happens with extended play). the tiger ramp (left ramp) is less so, and should be about as hard to loop as the same one in tpa's phantom of the opera.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The sound, art, and mechanical backglass is what hooked me on BAd Cats. The sound package is one of my all time favorites. Very true what Zaphod77 said. The center ramp is very easy to hit. You can keep looping it if you wish. But that is one boring way to play. Would most likely be an awful tournament pin. The pin is not very difficult, which I like as I'm not very good at pinball (even though I love it so). But it is a lot of fun to play and explore what Bad Cats has to offer. But like Cylclone, I do wish it had multiball.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
The three pins that they were split between for PHOF were Taxi (which they chose), Diner, and Bad Cats. We already got two of them in TPA.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The center ramp is very easy to hit. You can keep looping it if you wish.

the point of looping it is to collect the extra ball.

you can then play the rest of the field safely.

That said, ti's realistic to loop it forever on ball 3 if you really need that win.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
But which Playboy is it?

I just hope I get my newsletter this time, last month it didn't even arrive in my e-mail. That's odd.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They better do Ace High before Play-boy (1930's). I can understand them not doing Sorcerer since it is a Williams table, but if they are going to be doing a Re-release from the Gottlieb Collection, it better be Ace High!!!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
They better do Ace High before Play-boy (1930's). I can understand them not doing Sorcerer since it is a Williams table, but if they are going to be doing a Re-release from the Gottlieb Collection, it better be Ace High!!!

I still remember when they announced TPA nearly four years ago. One story about it claimed that Ace High was to be one of the first season tables. Granted it was just a rumor, but when the S3 list was "leaked", Ace High appeared in one of the files. It's still there as of now.

I agree they should do that one before Playboy, but I'd still rather have Sorcerer first. Just a matter of personal preference.

Figured I'd get the newsletter by now-I got NF a couple of hours earlier than usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.