Table Pack #46 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I am glad it seems more EM tables will be added to the collection.

In the blacade interview I remember them saying somthing along the lines of there is a plan to add more EMs and continue the regular releases of SS tables 1 per month. This may not be part of the current season pass but a stand alone pack or the start of an EM season pass, it would be amazing if it were the later.
----
Mighty happy it seems so eh.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I don't like where this thread is going :p

Agreed....I would think we could move on to 47 speculation.....unless we want to move on to the "Scratch and Sniff Round"! :p

Edit: Based on this...47 will be a VIP release of Goin Nuts!

Last edited:

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
Oooh... EMs. I mostly play TPA on my 360, so I don't know when (or if) I'll get these on that platform, but if these 2 are Fireball and El Dorado I'll buy them on android at least as a thank you to Farsight for giving some electromechanical love.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah original el dorado seems to have no end of ball bonus at all. so even though the layout is very similar, it's a a quite different game.

Fireball, on the other hand. btw there' s a very real issue of "motoring out" on the real fireball because of the multiball. will it happen on tpa? (this means a point is not scored because all the motors that step the reels are already in motion.)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014

Another difference besides the previously mentioned no end of ball bonus is it appears ALL the drop targets need to be cleared for them to reset, as opposed to city of gold were each bank resets independently. I wonder if the TPA version will play different than city of gold in terms of speed? The newer physics improved gameplay on the EMs currently in game but they could use further tweeking to improve realism imo. I like the idea of a spark effect on the EMs.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I know I have seen this somewhere on the forum before, but I think it belongs in this thread, gives a nice look at how Fireball works

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
yeah original el dorado seems to have no end of ball bonus at all. so even though the layout is very similar, it's a a quite different game.

Fireball, on the other hand. btw there' s a very real issue of "motoring out" on the real fireball because of the multiball. will it happen on tpa? (this means a point is not scored because all the motors that step the reels are already in motion.)

I don't think you will have to worry about that. As this is an EM, this pin will be scripted and they can work around any such issues.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It actually is possible to emulate an EM. You could implement all of the relays and motors and timing aspects. Then the resulting emergent behavior should be identical to the original gameplay, including "motoring out".

It's probably way easier to recreate the game's rules with scripted programming, though. It is an interesting question whether "motoring out" should be part of that scripting, to recreate the original experience.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
To be accurate to real life, the simulated game SHOULD motor out as well. It's a lot easier to pretend it can't happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.